Chapter 10

If I Fell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An update after three months! I'd call that an improvement. :) just a heads up, this chapter did not revolve around SY's POV only.. so.. i hope you won't get confused..

I got home to a very quiet apartment. Taeyeon was probably cooped up in her room, too mad to talk to me. I just don’t understand. Jessica didn’t deserve a high grade, I probably didn’t too, but that’s not the point. I didn’t exchange our projects for my own gain. It’s called teaching a lesson, which I thought Taeyeon and I already talked about. Apparently, she and I didn’t come to terms. Besides, that was not even considered as violence. I didn’t touch the girl. I didn’t blackmail her as well.

 

Sigh.

 

I hate this. And I hate how she said she hated me. That hurt, okay? Maybe I’ll talk to her tomorrow. She’ll cool off by then. I hope.

 

At school, Taeyeon still didn’t talk to me even though we shared the same classes. I’m glad I could still watch over her. Jessica was looming over her like a predator though, like she’s planning something evil. But I swear I’ll be there when she decides to strike. She also kept shooting daggers at me with her eyes. As if that would do anything. She doesn’t scare me. I’m even more scared that Taeyeon won’t talk to me.

 

The quiet girl successfully evaded me for two days. She managed to disappear during break times and during dismissal, she would dash out of the classroom and by the time I get home, she’ll be locked up in her room.

 

It was a great plan but of course, I could just wait for her to come out of her bedroom, to use the bathroom, to eat, or whatever, but I didn’t. I could tell that if I confronted her, it would lead to more trouble or shouting or hurtful words. So I left her alone. But that doesn’t mean I’m giving up on her. I’ve thought of the perfect plan to make her forgive me. Or at least acknowledge me.

 

The weekend came and I left the house early to go to the mall. But not forgetting to leave Taeyeon some pancakes for breakfast in case she gets hungry. I also left an apology letter at the dining table. I just hope she’ll stop isolating herself in her room to go down and grab some food, and on the way, read my letter.

 

Since I somewhat destroyed Taeyeon’s art materials when she lent it to me, with it I also destroyed our blooming friendship, I decided to buy her new ones. It’s not much, but I thought it’s a brilliant plan to start with so I can win her back. I searched the internet for art shops near our place and good thing they have one branch at the nearest mall located around our area.

 

“Hi.” I greeted the salesperson.

 

“What can I do for you?” He said in a cheerful voice.

 

“I’m looking for these..uhh..” I didn’t exactly know what they’re called so I showed the guy Taeyeon’s ruined art instruments. The salesperson stifled a laugh.

 

“Woah! What happened to these things? Did you paint over jagged rocks or something?” He said examining the brushes, charcoal pencils, and whatnot.

 

“Sorry I at art.” I said in a sarcastic way which made the salesperson realize that he just made fun of a customer. “Anyway, I need a replacement. See, I just borrowed these and I don’t want to return them in this condition.” I continued. The guy cleared his throat and gestured towards the register.

 

He seemed to be looking at the computer screen and typing several words in it. “Sorry miss. I can only give you replacements for the brushes. We currently don’t have any stock for the charcoal pencils. We also don’t have the green poster paint….” He continued and I stopped listening.

 

“Okay just tell me where to get them. And can you note it down so I don’t have to remember them?” The guy heeded my request and after a few minutes, I was able to replace some of the art materials I borrowed from Taeyeon.

 

“I checked our other branches and this is where you can get the other stuff.” He gestured at the words he scribbled on the paper he gave me.

 

It said Binco Mall.

 

May face lit up when I read his scrawny hand writing. That’s the mall where Yoona and I used to hang out and it’s near my previous school!

 

“Thanks” I said to the sales person and I almost ran to my family car in excitement. I told my driver our next destination quickly and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter