Chapter 6

If I Fell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How’s it going over there? I miss you so much!!” I whined helplessly at my phone. Yoona was on the other line and we hadn’t spoken to each other in a long time, since I’ve been busy with the moving and adjusting to my new school and all.

 

“I know!! I miss you too..! I have no one to talk to over here except for Seohyun…” My best friend says. “You know how she creeps me out. She always tells me what to do and what not to do! She even stopped me from eating hamburgers because she said I would die if I did!” I laughed at Yoona’s complaint which was a hundred percent true. Seohyun, one of our classmates, could be a pain at times, her being uptight and righteous. But the girl was almost always right about things. Plus, she is a genius with perfectly white and smooth skin. But my point is, you don’t stop Yoona when she’s eating or when she wants to eat something. We are the food goddesses in our school and everybody knows we eat a lot and still maintain a good figure, that’s why people were envious of us. Seohyun probably wasn’t jealous though.

 

“Then find somebody else to hang out with!” I said still giggling at what she previously stated. I could finally use my phone freely because school just ended and I was about to head home.

 

“You think it’s that easy? I wouldn’t hang out with you before if I knew someone better.” Yoona quipped and I know she wasn’t serious.

 

“Well that’s true! Same goes for me, I wouldn’t have hung out if you if there are more sane people over there.” I joined in on her joke and we both giggle again. I cleared my throat and said, “But don’t worry, I’ll come visit when I’m completely settled.”

 

There was a short pause before I tackle my other agenda of calling Yoona. “How’s Siwon by the way?” I nervously asked. Siwon and I haven’t really communicated that much ever since I moved away. We exchanged text messages here and there but that was it. He didn’t even try to call me or attempt to ask to meet me. And no I won’t call him, that’s a desperate move and unladylike if you ask me.

 

“I think he’s fine. But he keeps asking about you.” Yoona said. There was a slight change in her voice but it was probably just my imagination.

 

“What was he asking about me?” I continued to question while walking towards the school’s exit. Our school wasn’t that far away from my place and I decided to take a walk today. I didn’t want my driver hanging around here just yet. I want to familiarize myself with the neighborhood.

 

“He was asking why you moved away and where you are and if you’re coming back.” Yoona enumerated and I sighed. “So what did you say?”

 

“Well, I said I don’t know to all of his questions.” I felt grateful that Yoona didn’t spill the true reason why I suddenly disappeared from our school. I’m not yet prepared to tell Siwon that I’m actually engaged to a girl and we will be living together for the rest of our lives. “I bet you didn’t want him to know so was that okay?” She unsurely asked on the other line.

 

“Yes! It’s more than okay!” I immediately responded in relief. “Thanks Yoong. I knew I was right when I pegged you as my bestest friend in the world.” I heard her laugh on the other side. I was imagining she’s sporting her alligator mouth and that even made me miss her more.

 

The atmosphere suddenly became heavy and I knew it was time to say goodbye. “Well then, I’ll call soon.” I said.

 

“Yeah you better. Oh and chat me on Kakao Talk okay? I have yet to ask about your mysterious fiancé.” I rolled my eyes even though I know Yoona couldn’t see it.

 

“There’s nothing yet to tell. And yes let’s do that. I’ll send you a message later.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“Say hi to your family for me! And tell your mom I miss her cooking.” Yoona laughed once again and we both said our farewells.

 

A heavy feeling remained in my chest because at this time of the day, Yoona and I were supposed to be hanging out or eating somewhere or doing homework, or gossiping… But now I’m walking all alone in this unfamiliar place with no one to talk to or hold hands with.

 

“D-don’t be so sad. Things will g-get better.” I heard someone behind me say and without question, it was Taeyeon.

 

“What are you doing here?” I was pretty shocked to see her beside me.

 

“I’m w-walking.” She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter