Chapter 2

If I Fell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Taeyeon is going to be your future wife.”

 

I checked my ears if they malfunctioned for a moment but they’re perfectly fine. Did I hear that correctly? Future wife??? What the hell!!

 

“What??!” I yelled as I stood up from my seat. I didn’t try to hide the anger I was feeling nor voice out my inner thoughts because who would’ve stayed calm in this situation?

 

Well apparently, this Taeyeon girl did. She hadn’t move from her seat and hadn’t reacted in the past 30 minutes. If I didn’t know better, I might’ve thought she agreed to this or she died. That’s the only explanation.

 

“What do you mean future wife?!! Dad, that doesn’t make any sense!”

 

“Honey, I already explained everything to you. Did I not make myself clear earlier?” There was a warning tone in his voice, like secretly saying that I should calm down and not go berserk in front of the guests.

 

Well yes, he did explain everything quite well actually. Oh, and can you hear the sarcasm dripping from my voice?

 

He explained how my marriage with Taeyeon would help both my dad and Taeyeon’s dad’s companies and it was needed for global expansion and like that I didn’t even care to understand. Well maybe because I didn’t. They used a lot of business terms I was not familiar with to confuse me I guess. But I did understand that Taeyeon and I will continue to run their company in the future once we get married. What a load of crap.

 

When I didn’t answer, Taeyeon’s parents decided that it would be the right time to leave for a round of drinks at the open bar we have in the dining area. They also suggested that I take Taeyeon with me to MY room and do whatever we liked. I just stood there flabbergasted until my mother was pushing me out of the office, Taeyeon on tow. And before I knew it, I was alone with Taeyeon inside my room.

 

I automatically made a bee line to my bed, still frustrated on what happened. I plop faced down and sighed. I cocked my head towards the doors direction and I saw Taeyeon still standing there unmoving.

 

“Yah~” I called out. She didn’t even respond. What’s wrong with this girl? “Are you just going to stand there?”

 

“I…” She whispered and I shook my head. I lifted my tired body from my bed, aching from the separation, and clasped Taeyeon’s wrist dragging her with me. I sat on the edge of the bed expecting her to follow my actions but she didn’t.

 

I was unexpectedly given the opportunity to look at her from above since she just stood there in front of me. I didn’t notice that she was wearing thick-rimmed glasses earlier, maybe due to the shock. The glasses made her look nerdy and sort of smart. Sadly, it hindered me from seeing her eyes clearly.

 

Taeyeon must’ve noticed that I was staring at her because I noticed some hint of pink on her cheeks that weren’t there before. I smiled at her silliness.

 

“Why are you blushing?” I pointed out. Her eyes widened and her cheeks blushed furiously than before. It was apparent because she had this unbelievably milky white skin that made me a tad jealous because I’m not as white as her. I consider myself as a dark kid. HAHA whatever that means. I also noticed she had flawless face and I bet they were soft. Maybe softer compared to mine? I should remember to ask her about the beauty products that she use.

 

“I-I’m not.” She stuttered. Maybe she really was a shy person.

 

I scratched the back of my head thinking of ways to make her talk to me. Coz if we’re really going to get engaged (not that I’m already agreeing or ever going to agree) we need to at least be friends. She also seemed nice.

 

“Alright, if you say so.” I scooted in the middle of the bed, giving us some distance so she wouldn’t feel so uneasy or embarrassed. My bed was huge even for me, it would fit like 4 people. I patted the space, motioning for her to sit and thank goodness she complied. Quite slowly and hesitant, I might say.

 

Taeyeon was finally settled on my bed, but she still didn’t talk. She was not looking at me and it kinda made me irritated. “Why do you keep looking down?” I asked, and it worked. She lifted her head and made eye-contact with me. But she averted her gaze. It was alright. At least she wasn’t looking down anymore. It seemed she chose to look around my room and was glancing everywhere except for me. “Do I make you uncomfortable?” It wasn’t the question I wanted to ask but I don’t want to seem prying.

 

“No… I’m sorry. I just don’t know what to say.” She said. I think that was the longest sentence she produced from the small span of time we’ve known each other.

 

“I can see that.” I couldn’t help but say. I felt guilty when I saw her pout a bit and she looked down again. Damn it Sooyoung. Control the things you say!

 

“Sorry.” I said. “I didn’t mean to offend you or anything…”

 

“It’s okay. I’m used to it.” She assured me. She tried lifting her head again and a small smile appeared on her face, maybe to make me feel better or to convince me that I didn’t do anything wrong. Either way, it worked.

 

“So uhm… About what happened earlier… Are you okay with… the uhh…” I trailed off. I didn’t really know how to address this situation. I was also not aware of how Taeyeon feels because she h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter