Chapter 8

If I Fell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Part 1: Hello there~ it’s been a while since I last updated and I sincerely apologize…

I’ve wanted to update for so long but I was so busy I didn’t have time for anything else.

My birthday was last week and I was planning to give you guys an update but I failed so I’m really sorry~~

Mistakes are mine.. 

 

I was awakened by the blinding light coming from my window. I distinctly remembered opening the curtains last night so how come they were opened? I groaned and sat on my bed, looking around. Nothing seemed out of place except for the opened drapes.

 

I started heading towards the door when it opened suddenly, nearly missing my face. I stumbled backwards as I saw a surprised Taeyeon barging in.

 

“What??” I exclaimed in confusion and shock.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were wide and apologetic, however she remained quiet. I looked down and I found a wet rag and a bucket of cleaning items in her hands.

 

“What are you doing with those?” I asked in plain curiosity. “And what are you doing in here?”

 

“Uhm, c-cleaning?” Taeyeon stated the obvious like always.

 

“In my room?” She did not just think that it was okay to clean my room without my permission.

 

“Y-yes.” Oh she did.

 

“Are you out of your mind? This is my room! I’m supposed to do this stuff! And how long have you been in here?!” It didn’t take me much to put things together. The curtains were opened because of Taeyeon! Did I not lock my bedroom door last night? And she saw me while sleeping? Oh god maybe my mouth was opened and I was in an awkward position when she entered! Heol! This girl! And I’m not being overly dramatic but I just woke up so this entire ruckus was too much. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

 

“S-sorry for n-not asking p-permission. I-I didn’t know…y-you’ll b-be upset.” Taeyeon fidgeted in her spot, clearly nervous and apologetic for offending me again. “I j-just w-wanted to h-help.” I can’t stand that sad look on her face. Well, it was too early to start a fight after the reconciliation we just had a few days ago. So I decided to just let it go and exert more patience.

 

“That’s okay. Sorry for yelling, it’s just… it’s too early for this.” Taeyeon nodded in understanding. “But next time, if you wanted to clean or do something else that involves me or any of my stuff, you should ask me first and I’ll try to help you out okay?” Taeyeon kept on nodding and I sighed, taking the cleaning equipment from her. “Were you able to start on anything yet?”

 

The girl shook her head. “I k-know y-you’ll be mad i-if I t-touch anything s-so I j-just opened the w-windows so y-you’ll wake up by yours-self.” She whispered guiltily. I smirked at the cuteness and the shallowness of her reasons. “You could’ve just knocked or woke me up properly.” I said, slightly amused.

 

“I-I was af-fraid you’d yell.” My smile widened, I guess she’s coming to know me and my habits.

“Sorry about that. Like I said, tell me next time alright?”

 

“O-okay.”

 

“Now let’s get cleaning.”

 

You might be wondering why Taeyeon and I were cleaning instead of hiring a maid or asking somebody else to do this for us seeing how wealthy we were. But that thought never crossed my mind and I didn’t question as to why Taeyeon decided to do this on her own. Doing things for myself surprisingly gave me satisfaction and I felt independent. I was also surprised that I enjoyed doing things with Taeyeon even if the task at hand was arduous and required cooperation.

 

While cleaning, I was able to observe Taeyeon secretly. I discovered she’s meticulous in a very adorable way and she could’ve passed as a middle class person who can’t afford a maid from all the cleaning skills she had if I didn’t know any better. She wasn’t as helpless as I thought. Guilt washed over me when I realized I judged her because of her condition that she wasn’t as efficient as she should be. Up until now, I am bothered by what was really wrong with her. She didn’t seem sick. She’s not incapacitated, But why was she like this? What had happened?

 

I watched as Taeyeon attempted to reach the top most glass window so she could wipe it clean. She was standing on a chair, on her tip-toes, her right hand extending as far as it would go but her effort was futile. I had enough. It was cute but tiring to watch. Also, I was worried she’d fall off. So I stood behind her, took the rug from her hand and said, ‘let me’ in a hushed voice as I effortlessly moved my long arm side to side to cover the area. Taeyeon went rigid as she felt my front on her back.

 

I realized the predicament we were in and I immediately hopped off the chair, fake-examining our work. “Perfectly clean.” I commented while ignoring the red on Taeyeon’s cheeks.

 

“I’m beat. I think we already cleaned the entire house.” I continued. It took us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter