Chapter 5

If I Fell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m nervous.

 

Today, I’ll start a new chapter of my horrible life, better known as my first day at a new school. It’s the middle of the year and I would be this new kid that everybody will stare at or hate. I don’t know about that last part but definitely there would be staring because I’m a foreign face to everyone going there.

 

I was never the new kid. I’ve been studying in my previous school for as long as I can remember. Even though I didn’t have a lot of friends over there and people kind of like to get in my business all the time, it’s where I grew up in. Quite frankly I feel comfortable and it’s a familiar environment.

 

Now it’s just gonna be me... Alone... Friendless…

 

I’m jumping to conclusions yeah. But it soothes me in a way that I’m not going to expect anything. Coz expectations hurt when it blows up on your face. I learned not to expect and if I would, then it would be for the worst.

 

So here I was, standing in front of a classroom door, wearing my brand new uniform that’s a little itchy to be honest, with the school principal or guidance councilor (I didn’t pay attention when he was talking earlier). He’s going to introduce me to the class, where the kids wouldn’t probably care that they have a new classmate. I watched him open the door and we both stepped inside.

 

As I entered, I felt like a hundred pairs of eyes staring at me and a buzzing noise was resounding in the room so I didn’t dare look to my left (coz that’s where the rest of the class were sitting there). I kept my gaze forward, unpleasantly staring at the principal or guidance councilor’s bald spot, which he was trying to cover with like 3 strands of hair. I tried to keep the disgust out of my face.

 

My attention was called when I heard him talk and he turned me sideways to face the class, who were now very quiet. I didn’t make eye contact with anyone. I stared directly at the back of the room where a class slogan was written, and underneath was a very detailed drawing of a city. It’s was beautiful but I didn’t have time to appreciate it more coz I heard my name being called.

 

“Sooyoung-sshi?”

 

I raised my eyebrows at him, completely clueless of what to do. He got the message of distress I was silently conveying so he instructed me to introduce myself. Ugh I hate this.

 

“Hello, I’m Choi Sooyoung. Nice to meet you all.” I simply said and bowed. Of course the class didn’t react and before I knew it I was ushered to my seat by the class president. I smiled at him politely and he left me alone coz our next teacher just entered the classroom. I got the feeling he wanted to tell me something else but that could wait.

 

Time flew slower than I wanted it. I didn’t bother to listen to the teacher or pay attention to what’s happening around me. I just sat there, resting my chin on my hand, trying hard not to fall asleep. It was so boring and so lonely.

 

Back in my old high school, if I was sleepy or bored, Yoona and I would play random games by passing notes or ridicule our teacher, who we were smarter than. Some teachers are just dumb and not to brag or anything but I could seriously do their job better with my eyes closed. Sometimes we would talk about gossip, food, our crushes, Siwon… Oh god Siwon… I haven’t talked to him since this mess of an incident happened.

 

I miss him so much… his face… his eyes… his lips… his perfect body… that abs…

 

“What are you smiling about?” Someone with a high pitched unfriendly voice said simultaneously blocking my view as I snapped out of my day dream. I might’ve looked stupid for smiling by myself but I can’t help it when I think about Siwon and his abs. I lightly shook my head and focused at the person in front of me. I looked up to see her eyeing me suspiciously like she was judging who I was right there. In that moment I knew that we weren’t going to be friends.

 

“Can I help you?” I tried to hide the venom in my voice but I guess a little seeped right through. She just annoyed me in that instant. She wasn’t talking to me to be friendly, I think she’s trying to put me in my place.

 

“You’re Choi Sooyoung right?” This girl had a really y accent that’s supposed to scare me but stupid things like this don't affect me. I could kick her if she tries anything to me.

 

“Who wants to know?” I held her gaze challengingly, not backing down. So what if I’m the new girl? I’m not afraid of some poser who thinks she’s the queen bee in this room or perhaps in this school.

 

Two other girls stood by her side out of nowhere, surrounding me and my seat. They had their hands on their waist while the leader had her arms crossed. These two were probably her minions. I was reminded by that movie Mean Girls. Only these three looked meaner and not as pretty as those girls there.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“What’s wrong with you?”

 

“You got kicked out of your old school, didn’t you?”

 

The three of them asked consecutively. Oh… They’re here for gossip. Figures. They haven’t introduced themselves properly for the love of god. Zero manners.

 

I took a deep breath and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter