Chapter 7

If I Fell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was beyond awkward.

 

After that bathroom incident, Taeyeon and I couldn’t look each other in the eye.

 

We didn’t attempt to talk about it because for my part, I really don’t know how to bring it up. And as for hers, I’m guessing she’s too embarrassed to say anything about it. She might have a heart attack if you ask me. I’m used to us not being able to talk much but in addition to that, the amount of awkwardness between us just escalated to the roof. Not to mention we haven’t really spoken about that couple bracelet incident.

 

This was so frustrating.

 

I relayed the story to Yoona since we decided to catch up on our lives and I finally have somebody to talk to about this weird situation. I expected her to help me because she was my best friend but she kept laughing about my problems.

 

From: Yoong-gator (that’s Yoona + Alligator. Don’t judge my lame nickname giving skills.)

Why didn’t you just attack her right then? That could have helped her anxiety. ;P

 

My eyes widened at my best friend’s horrendous message.

 

To: Yoong-gator

WTF? ARE YOU INSANE?! I’m trying so hard to get that image out of my brain and you keep on feeding me y stuff!

 

I typed away harshly. Stupid Yoona giving stupid unhelpful advice.

 

From: Yoong-gator

Keke. I’m sorry. It’s amusing for me to know that you are all panicky. But I told you, you guys have to talk about this. It’s been 3 days Sooyoung.

 

To: Yoong-gator

I know that! But how could I possibly bring it up? I can’t go like, ‘Hey let’s talk about that time I saw you in the shower.’

 

From: Yoong-gator

LMAO! That’s so funny Soo! Tell me what happens after you tell her that okay? Have to go, bye!

 

Did she really leave me hanging in here?!

 

She’s so going to get it when I see her.

 

I huffed in annoyance as I throw my phone away. I was currently lounging at our living room while Taeyeon was… I don’t really know where she is.

 

Ever since that unfortunate uhm revealing of too much skin, we didn’t go home together anymore. When I arrive home from school or some place else, I didn’t bother announcing that I’m home. Instead, I always make a bee-line to my room and never come down, unless my food delivery knocks on our door. When at school, she kept quiet like she used to and I just try to survive the day without punching Jessica and her sidekicks on the face. In short, we’re avoiding each other like a plague and no one was doing something about it.

 

The front door opened which revealed a tired looking Taeyeon. Our eyes met and she blushed furiously, her head down trying to avoid looking at me. I saw that she was carrying a lot of stuff, which I think were groceries. Oh damn, she went alone. I thought. Guilt and a little bit of shame washed over me and I came rushing towards her even if I’m still uncomfortable about our situation.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re gonna go grocery shopping? I would’ve come to help.” I’m not sure if that was true judging from our current awkwardness but I might’ve done it.

 

Taeyeon still wasn’t looking at me as she handed me the grocery bags blindly and I placed them on the kitchen isle. Speaking of the kitchen, it reminded me of my walking out incident which made me sigh heavily. It’s now or never.

 

“Obviously, we had to talk about uhmm.. some stuff.” I began as we both proceed to get the items out of the bag and place them in their proper locations in the kitchen.

 

Taeyeon nodded in agreement but she still wasn’t lifting her head which seemed to be stuck on her chest. I sometimes wonder if her neck doesn’t hurt while doing that. She was also trying to hide her face using her hair.

 

“I didn’t want to talk about this as much as you do but as I’ve said before, we’re living together now Taeyeon. And seriously, we need to sort some things out.” I was surprised with my own choice of words. I can’t believe I was thinking about those stuff.

 

Taeyeon didn’t react or replied to my opening statement so I decided to continue it anyway. My conscience would be happier and I could sleep much better at night. “Fine, if you don’t want to say anything just listen to me.”

 

Even if she wasn’t looking, she stopped going through the grocery bags and just stood there indicating that I have her attention. It made me a bit relieved and nervous at the same time. “I am honestly sorry for walking in to you while you were in the shower.” Although her hair was blocking most of her face, I could still the pink which has taken over her cheeks. “In my defense, I was running late for school and the door was unlocked so… that unple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter