Chapter 4

If I Fell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“If you need anything just call me or your father alright?” My mom said as she placed the last of my belongings in my new room.

 

“Yeah I will.” There’s no other answer than that. They won’t really give me what I needed. What’s the point? Although I didn’t even want to talk to my parents for making me do this. I think I won’t ever forgive my grandpa and Taeyeon’s grandpa for making that stupid pact. They’ve ruined my life! What did I do to deserve this punishment?

 

I continued to whine inside my head while I follow my mom downstairs to let her out of my or should I say mine and Taeyeon’s new house. I was in a super awful mood I can barely remember how to move my face muscles in order to form a smile. Even a fake smile was out of the question.

 

“I’ll be back tomorrow. We’ll talk about the arrangements for your new school.” I rolled my eyes because I’m doing my best to hold back the tears. “Yeah.” I managed to croak out.

 

I recalled last night’s events. My parents told me I was going to live with a complete stranger. Well, to be exact, my soon-to-be wife who was still a complete stranger to me. But the cruelty that they were enforcing on me didn’t stop there. They also told me that I had to transfer schools since the place where I’ll be living would be far away from my current school. Then I threw a tantrum, the worst tantrum I ever thrown.

 

That would mean I would be far away from my friends especially Yoona. I don’t know what I’d do without her! Worst of all, I won’t be able to see SIWON!!! URGH.. Did I already say that my life is ruined??! Well if I haven’t let me repeat it again. MY. LIFE. IS. ING. RUINED.

 

I’m not sure how I’m surviving this situation. If my will wasn’t that strong, I would’ve killed myself already.

 

“Honey, I know you’re upset but I’m doing everything I can to make this easier for you.” My mom said even though she knew that her words were futile. Nothing could make this situation easy. NOTHING.

 

“Whatever mom, just go.” I said weakly in surrender. My mom sighed out loud. She knew I wasn’t really mad at her. I was just upset about everything that’s going on with my life. I mean who wouldn’t?! My life was basically taken away from me in less than 2 weeks. I wasn’t even given a warning. So I’m sorry for being a bit mean to my mother.

 

Just as she was about to open the door, it opened by itself and revealed a short girl who I came to know as Taeyeon. She met our gaze and she immediately looked down like we just insulted her. I shook my head in disapproval. She is the person I’m getting married to? Well, if this marriage would come through, that is.

 

 

“Taeyeonie~” My mother called out sweetly. Taeyeon managed to bow her head more. I think she was trying to greet my mom politely. I bet her chin smacked her chest judging how low her head was. “Are those all your things?” My mom pointed out Taeyeon’s things. She nodded in response, still not lifting it like a normal person would.

 

“Aren’t they a bit few?” I asked a bit harshly than I intended. Well they were coz she only had a two suitcases and a backpack. Plus, you can’t blame me. I wasn’t in a cheerful mood, everything pisses me off.

 

“I a-already brought m-my things earlier.” Taeyeon said quietly.

 

“Oh okay then.” My mom cheerfully said. “Sooyoung, would you kindly help Taeyeon carry her bags to her room?” I glared at my mom warningly. “But—” I haven’t finished what I was about to say when a bag was being shoved to my arms. This was typical of my mother, forcing me to do stuff I didn’t want to do. Taeyeon can do this alone without my help. I bet she didn’t even want me to touch her stuff.

 

Before we knew it, my mom already said goodbye and left the two of us alone in our... *coughs* new house. I groaned loudly in frustration. “C’mon.” I motioned to ascend the stairs when suddenly I heard an, “I-it’s okay! Y-you d-don’t h-have t-to!” Taeyeon half shouted. It seemed like her stuttering gets worse when she’s in panic. Maybe she was thinking I didn’t want to help her.

 

“Calm down. I don’t mind.” I tried to reassure her. She didn’t respond so I took that as an okay and climbed the stairs to her room. This is actually one of my conditions. I asked for a separate bedroom until we got *coughs again* married. I wouldn’t sleep in the same room with her. We already did that once and it was uncomfortable so, no sleeping in the same bed. EVER.

 

Although, it was nice but I would admit that out loud. I couldn’t even admit it to myself.

 

I stopped in front of her room which was directly across from mine. I dropped her bag in front of the said door. “Goodnight.” I said coldly and headed towards my own room. Again,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter