The Ogre

Our Love Chemistry

 

It’s been almost a month since Gwen moved in South Korea. Life in this foreign land was not as wonderful she thought it would be. Koreans are good-natured people, that’s true but one flaw the race had which she found to be very inconvenient was the fact that they were chauvinists. So naturally, adjusting to her workplace was very stressful. Many of her colleagues questioned her skills. It was really irksome for her as she’s been the center of gossip. But instead of running into a corner and cry, Gwen used that as her strength. After all, she wouldn’t be in her position if she didn’t deserve this. 
 
 
On the other hand, things at home were greater. Her relationship with Block B was blossoming, especially with Jaehyo. They were starting to get to know each other well. Although they never had the chance to go out on a date since their schedules were always at conflict, they managed to keep in touch with each other.
 
 
However, a few things did bother her at home. Jihoon has started to act weird and she doesn’t know why. Gwen was not certain but it seems that he was keeping her away from Jaehyo.  It was really puzzling.
 
 
Another thing she kept complaining was Zico. He keeps on pissing her. At times he was sweet and easy to be with then suddenly he becomes a troll and would fret about every single thing. Gwen can’t help but think that Zico was having PMS every day. Like one time, she came home with bags of groceries. She saw Zico sitting on Jihoon’s swing and when he saw her, he offered to help her.
 
 
“Here, let me help you.” He smiled. It was one of those unusual moments that they would talk and smile at each other. Guess he’s a gentleman after all, she thought.
 
 
Thanks.” She smiled back. “Don’t have any schedules?”
 
 
“None for now.” She opened the door and led him inside.
 
 
“Really? I wonder where’s Jaehyo-oppa now. By the way, did Jihoon already arrive from school?” They just barely entered when he suddenly drops the bags of groceries.
 
 
“Here are your groceries!” he yelled at her. What’s wrong with him?
 
 
“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” she was taken aback.
 
 
 “Nothing, I’m just busy!” he yelled again as he got out. Why on earth would she bring up his name?
 
 
She stood there dumbfounded. What had she done that made him transform into an ogre instantly? 
 
 
Another experience of Zico’s instant transform syndrome occurred last week. It was early Sunday and Gwen was sitting at her porch, sipping a hot coffee.
 
 
“Good morning.” She looked up and saw Zico. She can’t help but notice how handsome his make-up less face was. He came closer to her and sat down beside her. 
 
 
“Good morning. Want some?” she asked him.
 
 
“Neh.”
 
 
“Ok, I’ll be back in a jiffy. I’ll brew you a cup just like a dream.” She rushed inside and made a cup of coffee for Zico. You are my dream, he thought.
 
 
After a few minutes, she came back with a cup of coffee.
 
 
“Here’s your order sir.” Zico was amazed to see the cup of coffee she was holding. She did some coffee art to it and it was really wonderful.
 
 
 
“Do college teach stuffs like this?” He was really amused.
 
 
“Haha, anniyo.”
 
 
“Then where did you learn this?”
 
 
“You know college was really expensive so I had to do part time jobs, and one of them was being a cashier at a coffee shop. Eventually, I learned this kind of stuff and I became a barista.” She explained. She noticed Zico was staring at the cup as if it was a diamond. “Why are you not drinking it?”
 
 
“It looks so beautiful that I don’t want to touch it. The panda, he's so cuute.” He cutely said. “Then you must like coffee, Gwen.”
 
 
“Neh, I’m a caffeine freak. And by the way, that’s noona for you.” She smiled at him. She was enjoying his company and somehow, she hopes his syndrome won’t occur. “How about you? Do you like coffee?”
 
 
“Neh, most of us likes coffee. I mean us, Block B.” He was still staring at the coffee.
 
 
“Yah, drink it up already. It might get cold you know. Anyway, so most of you like coffee? And that includes Jaehyo oppa, right? Are they still asleep now, your hyungs?” she asked him. Zico glared at her and stood up. 
 
 
“What’s up?”
 
 
“Obviously, I’m going up.” He shot her one last deadly look and left with his cup of coffee. Again, she was left dumbfounded at the scene. Zico was fun, not until he starts being an ogre for no reason at all. Zico always had that tendency to start cool and end up as a troll and today was not an exception for that.
 
 
Gwen woke up to a sunny Friday. She was all hyped up because today, she’s going to visit Hae Ji at her workplace. Yes, at YG Entertainment. They’ve been planning this for so long and today was the day the plan materializes. She got up and took a shower. Clean and dressed, having made her bed, Gwen walked out. 
 
 
She spotted Zico and Jihoon outside. Jihoon was sitting on his swing while Zico sat on the ground. Like our first meeting, she remembered. They were eating sandwiches and drinking cartons of fresh milk.
 
 
“Good morning noona!” Jihoon beamed at her.
 
 
“Good morning my precious dongsaengs.” She smiled at them.
 
 
“Where are you going?” Zico asked her.
 
 
“I’m going to see Hae Ji today.”
 
 
“Don’t you have work?” Jihoon asked her as he took a big bite on his sandwich.
 
 
“None for today, I only work Mondays through Thursdays.”
 
 
“Want some?” Zico offered Gwen a sandwich and a carton of fresh milk. 
 
 
“Neh.” Gwen took a bite and said, “It’s delicious.” with her thumbs up.
 
 
“Of course, I made those.” Zico proudly said.
 
 
Just then Jaehyo comes out of nowhere.
 
 
“Gwen-ssi! Good morning. It’s good to see you!” Jaehyo came towards them, smiling as brightly as the sun.
 
 
“Good morning oppa. Have you eaten yet?”
 
 
“Anniyo, I haven’t.”
 
 
“Want some?” she offered him her sandwich and milk. Suddenly Zico grabbed those out of her hands. Zico opened his mouth wide open and stuffed the sandwich to his mouth. With one big gulp, he swallowed the whole thing.
 
 
“Yah! Why did you eat it?” Gwen was shocked at what he did. Zico glared at her. Because you’re giving it to him.
 
 
“Wae? I’m still hungry. And the sandwich was mine.” He lied.
 
 
“Zico-ah! You already gave it to me!”
 
 
“I said I was still hungry.” He said while nibbling the straw of the milk.
 
 
“Don’t worry Gwen, I’ll just make you one.” Jaehyo assured her.
 
 
“Chincha? You would?” she looked at Jaehyo. She was smiling like a dork.
 
 
“Noona, you should go now. Hae Ji would be mad if you ditch her.” Jihoon said and winked at Zico.
 
 
“Oh, right. Oppa, sandwiches, next tym. Gotta go, bye. Bye Jihoon and….” She gave Zico that annoyed look. Why does he have to transform again? With that, she left the boys.
 
 
Yaay! i've got a new subscriber!
*jumps like crazy*
 
Kamsahamnida!
I never thought I'd have subscribers..
:)
 
and btw, i changed the tittle, shortened it actually.
 
I don't really know if Koreans are chauvinists
but basing on the drama's i watched
(particularly Baker King)
i think they are.