Breakeven

Runaway

 

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

 

I am not the type of guy who gets into a lot of fights, so I really don’t know how I can win over this guy, who is a constant bully and probably got into a hundred times more fights than me.

 

But I know what type of guy he is, and I am not going to let him hurt Tiffany once more.

 

When shattered glasses are spread all over the floor, would you let the person you love step at it again knowing she already stepped at it once?

 

Of course not right?

 

Instead, you’ll carry her and take the pain yourself.

 

“Funny, because your statement could pertain to you too.” I fought back with words.

 

 

He went a lot closer and raised his right arm a little as if getting ready to throw a punch at me.

 

 

“ahhhhmmm GUYS…..” Jessica butted in, sensing the tension in the air, as she tried to push Taecyeon a bit farther from me. Nervousness was evident in her eyes, knowing all too well what we could be ended up doing if this goes on any further. “Ahhhmmm Tiffany. A little help here” She called out her friend, I don’t know if it’s just me but Tiffany quite look scared too.

 

Taeyeon must have sensed that too, as he went in rescue and pulled me back from Taecyeon. And giving Jessica a concerned look as she tried to calm Taecyeon.

 

While Sooyoung is obviously too occupied munching her food, totally unaware of the current situation.

 

 

“Tiffany?” I called her out again gently. Hoping she’d say no this time.

 

 

But did it help?

 

 

“Stop it both of you. Just take me home Taec, I am tired.” I sighed in defeat. Why is she always like this?

 

She went to walk towards the exit first followed closely by Jessica.

 

 

“You know you should start realizing where you actually stand now Yuri. You look so funny STILL acting like her boyfriend. Or did you actually forget……

 

 

 

 

 that SHE DUMPED YOU TWO WEEKS AGO? Still didn’t get that fact processed? Pffft Poor you.” He went to pat my shoulder and smiled in the process.

 

“You know this is what I’ve been telling you boy, Tiffany is one of the popular cool kids, while you? Nowhere even close to that level. Tiffany dating you was already a big shocker for everyone, and for  the whole five months, everyone was still confused as to why she said yes to someone like you. I could not even comprehend why.”

 

He stepped away and put his hands in his pockets, sporting that arrogant feel he always present.

 

“You see someone as high as Tiffany should be dating someone, well, definitely not someone like YOU, but someone like ME. So go find yourself someone at your level, and stop dreaming and hoping you can be with someone like Tiffany. Okay? Okay.”

 

 

“TAECYEON!!. STOP ARGUING. LET’S JUST GO.” Tiffany called him from the outside.

 

 

I could not mutter any words.

 

 He was right.

 

 Everything he just said was right.

 

Every word pierced straight into my system.

 

And I feel as broken as ever.

 

So this is how it feels,

when reality slaps you in the cheek.

 

And what you believed in was actually just a mere image of what you only wanted to happen.

 

We only choose to hear what we wanted to hear, and reject what we do not want to hear.

 

Feel want we only want to feel, and neglect what we do not want to feel.

 

We choose to give and give not realizing if the other person really wanted it in the first place.

 

But what actually hurts more is when that person chooses just to receive but never give anything back to return the favor.

 

 

“Also, just some more information, she never actually liked you, or did you think she actually did? It was just like charity you know, and you’re lucky enough to feel wealthy even just for a short period of time. Tiffany is just too nice sometimes, that she went to reach out to the ‘low-class’ level this time around.”

 

“So stop dreaming, and know where you stand Kwon.” He took a deep breath and smiled widely as he went to his car where Tiffany was waiting.

 

 

I felt myself breaking into smaller pieces.

 

My system going in a meltdown.

 

Still alive, but barely breathing.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Oh hey hey hey hey…. I am very sorry for updating so so late. My 2nd year in college, was so hectic that I even barely got time to spazz and update myself with soshi stuffs. Sigh.

So as an apology, I pulled out two chapters. Yayyyy..

You know it wasn’t part of my plan to pull out a chapter esp. these week since, oh well, I have my Mid-Terms exam this week. But I feel so stressed lately I just need to chill a little bit.

 

I am sorry for any grammar errors.

And also, did you guys saw that coming??? That’s basically why Yuri has been feeling lonely and gloomy, if you try to reread all the chapts, I have actually gave out small hints about his current situation. Chapters 1 and 2 are actually just him reminiscing moments during their relationship. Teehee~~~ J

 

And Chapter 9 is obviously inspired by The Script’s song Breakeven.  Such a great song, isn’t it???

 

Please do leave comments. I would really appreciate it. Till the next one. Bye~