Fate

Her Sanctuary

 

 

Chapter 9- Fate

 

 

Jiyong is determined to see Seohyun again yet it seems luck is not on his side. His solo concert in Tokyo Dome is nearing in two days time. Here he is busy wrapping all the details before his most awaited concert. Due to all the preparations, rehearsals and such, Jiyong looks even thinner. He devotes his all to create a good and worthwhile concert for all his fans. Thank heavens his Big Bang members are on his side to support and help him throughout. They are gathered in Jiyong’s lounge, still discussing details about the concert. President Yang also came.

 

“Jiyong-ah, make tomorrow a bit of your rest day. It will not be good if you’re already exhausted like this. Your members and I will take care of the rest. Besides, the preparations are almost finished and there are still two days before the concert. Take a short rest, will you?”

 

“No, it’s okay. I can manage. I am not yet that tired.” Jiyong is seriously taking this concert. Going solo puts up too much pressure, especially he thinks about s. If he doesn’t do well he’s afraid it will reflect on s. Being a serious leader as he is, he does not want that to happen.

 

“Then we can take a break! Thank you hyung, you’re our savior.” Seungri  joked. “But seriously hyung, I may be naughty sometimes-

 

“Well you are actually, always.” What makes Jiyong a good leader? He knows how to blend well with different kinds of people. He may not be the best to socialize and he may also be naughty sometimes but he knows how to make good company.

 

“Fine, fine! I admit it hyung but please don’t think about us that much. You’re doing great and we’re proud of you. You are already working hard, but please rest a bit. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself.”

 

Jiyong is moved. That is the best advice he needed now. Now he’s convinced and considered his self more. He realized that he is indeed right, he is putting much pressure on himself.

 

“I hate to admit it, but you’re right Seungri-ah. Fine, I will take a rest day tomorrow, but it doesn’t mean I have to lay in the bed all day long. You know what I mean right?” Now the mischievous Jiyong is back. Of course if he is given a day without work, he’ll surely have fun out of it. He’s not the nicest and most serious guy anyway.

 

“I know you would say that! Let’s paaaaarty!” Top may look serious but the hell he is not. He loves to enjoy every minute of every day. He loving parties is just an understatement.

 

“I clearly said we will be in charge of the remaining work.” President Yang reminded him.

 

“Don’t worry hyung! The after-party will be the best!” Daesung excitedly claimed.

 

“We will talk about that. But not for now. Let’s go, Jiyong needs rest.” Pres. Yang called it a night.

 

As the boys are heading out, Youngbae went to Jiyong’s side and talked in a low voice.

 

“Take a rest. You might want to check the news.” He playfully laughs. Jiyong didn’t mind him. He knows he is crazy and saying random stuffs is in his nature. He just laughed it off.

 

The deafening silence stunned Jiyong. Here he is again, in Japan, alone in a room, away from home. He took a bath and opened the television afterwards. He moved to the kitchen to cook something when he heard interesting news. SNSD.

 

He rushed to the living area and watched the news. He cannot understand what the reporting is saying since it is in Japanese. Yet the video says it all. SNSD is in Japan! Seo Joo Hyun is in Japan!

 

A smile has crept on his lips without him noticing it.  Fate has its own little ways.

 

‘This is what Youngbae is talking about. He is not crazy! Well, maybe a little.’ He laughs.

 

‘This is the perfect time.’

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The girls are now at their dorm in Japan. They are now gathered at the living room, watching television and playfully telling stories. Seohyun suddenly received a text message coming from an unknown number.

 

Now’s the time to grant my wish. You owe me. keke

 

Seohyun instantly knew that it was Jiyong who texted her. She sighed. Luckily, she’s in Japan and there is no way he would come all the way there to bug her.

 

Can’t. I’m in Japan.                                  

                              

Seohyun sounded uninterested. He felt she somewhat hates him. But there is no way he will let her go just like this. He was intrigued more, treated cold by a girl is a new feeling. He is ready to accept this challenge.

 

Don’t be too cold. Call me oppa! From now on, we’re not just acquaintances.

 

Seohyun’s heartbeat increases. What does he mean by that? The moment she knew he’s the one who texted her, she unconscientiously smiled. But she continuously fights for this feeling. Being cold towards him is for the best. That way, they will remain like this, merely acquaintances.

 

I said I’m in Japan.

 

What a coincidence? I’m here too… 

Seohyun wanted to shout in shock but she refrain in doing so. She got up and went to her bedroom which she shared with her Hyoyeon unnie. She quickly looked up the internet if Jiyong is really in Japan. He’s right. And oh! He has a concert.

 

“Ah, that’s why.”

 

Why does she sound disappointed? The truth is, for a moment, she thought that he followed her.

 

‘Why did I even think of that! No, we should not meet here. But the wish?’ Seohyun sighed again. She is a woman of words. She never planned on running away from that. She is just not ready to face him again. That she doesn’t know why.

 

Still there?

 

What do you want?

 

Let’s meet! I’m excited to see you.

 

Will that be your wish?

 

That will be too simple, Seohyunnie

 

‘Seohyunnie?? We’re not even close.’

 

Fine! Just make sure it will be quick.

 

That I can’t promise. 

 

Seohyun holds her chest. Why is it beating down there? Why do these sweet talks Jiyong is doing made a big impact on her? No, this can’t be.