Hearts are opened

Her Sanctuary

 

 

Chapter 8- Hearts are opened

 

 

Weeks had passed and there is no sign of Jiyong. Seohyun is relieved yet there is a part of her claiming that she misses him. She battled out what she feels and kept saying to herself that it is better if Jiyong won’t disturb her anymore.

 

“Does that mean he has already forgotten me?” She is not in herself. She regretted saying that because in front of her are her two oppas who were shocked, more of bewildered. They are eating breakfast in their favorite restaurant.

 

“Who is that Joohyun-ah?”

 

“I thought you’ve already forgotten about Yonghwa?”

 

They were concerned. These past few weeks have been okay for Seohyun. She is back to her life; living it out happier, well maybe not that happier when they she was still with Yonghwa but a lot better during the time that he dumped her. There she is again, looking concerned about Yonghwa.

 

“No no. It’s not about him. I am not even thinking of him.”

 

“So who is it?” Siwon won’t retreat unless she tells the truth.

 

“Fine. It’s Kwon Jiyong. And no, not what you are thinking.” She felt defeated. She really can’t keep something from her oppas. They know her that much.

 

“Whhhhaaaat?? Kwon Jiyong?? Why? How? When? Why didn’t you tell us?” Now it’s Donghae’s turn to ask hysterically.

 

“This is exactly what’s keeping me from telling you opaa-deul. You are exaggerating. When in fact we’re only in a business relationship.”

 

“Mind if you tell us what business is that Joohyun.” Siwon raised his eyebrow. Now this is bad; Siwon has this tell-us-or-we’ll-ask-Jiyong look.

 

Seohyun sighed. “Please, let me finish what I have to say before you react or ask questions.”

 

The two merely nodded.

 

“Well, he helped me get my revenge to Yonghwa…” Seohyun managed to say.

 

“You what?? Why Kwon jiyong of all people? You can always ask us Joohyun.” Donghae is disappointed. He knew that Jiyong is not a good person to deal with.

 

“You’re even tolerating her! Joohyun, revenge is not what you need. You must move on but not this way. In the end, you’ll be the one getting hurt. You would not love that.” Siwon just always say the right thing. She hated to admit it but he is right. Yet the war is over, from what she assumes. Yeah, she’s hurt but she feels satisfied. After all, she already avenged on what he had done to her.

 

“But it’s done. I have already broken up with him. I can now finally move on. And as to Jiyong-ssi, it’s over. I lost my contact to him. Let’s just say he had done me a favor, a good one and that’s it.”

 

“He never asked for anything? Like compensation for his involvement? That’s not what Jiyong is. Tell me the truth Joohyun. I don’t want anything that will bind him to you.” Donghae and Jiyong may not be close but Donghae somewhat knew him. They had been acquaintances in the bar and from what he saw Jiyong is not a very good person to ask for help. His friends also tell him about him dumping girls mercilessly.

 

Seohyun is tongue-tied, and this is not the best moment to be one. Sure, she cannot lie but this time she must change that. She doesn’t want her oppas to continue worrying about her all the time. They have been stressed from all the work and she must not add to that. This time, she planned not to make others worry about her. She wants to be strong for herself so they do not need to be anxious and continue comforting her. Now it’s the strong Seo Joo Hyun.

 

“Don’t worry about it oppa. I will not let him do that. I’m strong enough to protect myself.” She added a convincing smile.

 

The two nodded in defeat. Either way they will still be there to look out for her.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong is contemplating whether to call her or not. If he calls her this early, it might reflect his eagerness, she would not love it, it’s too fast. But if he keeps on delaying their communication, she might forget him easily. Aside from that, he is also busy preparing for his solo concert in Japan making him as busy as ants. There is no room for him to think what will be his next move. It’s making a troll on him. What is making him pissed more is the fact that he keeps on thinking about her. What is she to him anyways? Making his mind explode like this

 

“What’s up?” Youngbae is also bothered by Jiyong’s discomfort.

 

“Na, some girls.” He replied simply as he lied down on the couch next to him, closing his eyes.

 

“Hmmm…Some girls? You do mean Seo Joohyun right?” Youngbae asked in a matter-of-fact look.

 

“Why would I think of her? I’m tired, I don’t know who to pick. They keep on bugging me.”

 

Youngbae just laughed. As much as he wants to argue with Jiyong, he knows he is too stubborn to admit it. He feels he’s developing feelings to her. It may not be love but at least he knows it is more than like. He has been waiting for a girl that would change Jiyong and she is the best catch to be one.

 

Youngbae got up and ready to leave when Jiyong suddenly blurted out.

 

“You think she’s a good catch?”

 

‘Now he can read minds?’ Being best of friends for a long while, the two know what the other is thinking.

 

“Yes, but she’s not fit to be one of your girls. Treat her as the one.” Youngbae seriously advised him. He may not be the best one to give him lecture about love as he haven’t met someone but he knows what’s best for his best friend. And she’s the best for him.

 

Jiyong just laughed It off, an intriguing and simple laugh that one wouldn’t know what it means. But for Youngbae it only means one thing, that he will begin another chapter of his life with her, hopefully.

 

 

 



 

I'm really sorry I haven't update for a while. That's why I will double update to somewhat compensate for your waiting. I hope you'll forgive me :)