Alliance

Her Sanctuary

 

Chapter 2- Alliance

 

 

“Where are we going?” Jiyong holds Seohyun’s hands dragging her out of the bar. She has no idea what the hell he is thinking. Following him may not be a good idea; but dealing with him is not better either. She momentarily regrets it; yet pictures of Yonghwa breaking up with her came rushing to her mind. Now, she’s playing along.

 

Finally, he lets go of her. They are now standing behind a limousine she believes he owns.

 

“Might as well start the action tonight.” Jiyong grins while pushing Seohyun’s shoulder for her to get inside the limo.

 

She, on the other hand, is dumbfounded, struggling not to go inside. ‘Tonight? As in right now?’

 

“W…Well, Jiyong-ssi, I am really not that prepared right now. Another day or so would be fine.” She is nervous, it reflects on her voice.

 

Jiyong smirks. “When would you be ready? Tonight is a great chance. Don’t miss it. I’m a busy person if I might add.”

 

And it stuck her. He is doing her a favor. And now here she is, becoming picky and somewhat lost. Now is the right time she guessed. It’s now or never.

 

“Fine! I think I am ready enough.” She lied.

 

“Good! Now, what bar he usually visits?”

 

This is it. There is no turning back now.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They arrived at the club that Seohyun pointed. It is a whole lot different from the club where Jiyong met Seohyun. This club has a rocker feeling different from the cozy and RnB style club that Jiyong enjoyed more. He can sense that Yonghwa really loves to party- the harder one.

 

Seohyun looks uncomfortable; she looks from left to right, unconsciously bowing her head down after. Though she looks great with her fitting white tee and shorts, not to mention her killer red heels, her lack of confidence drags her down.

 

“Don’t think too much. It’s annoying to see a pretty lady lacking confidence.”  She is startled by the sudden compliment; but she shrugged it off.

 

“I don’t think I can talk to him or even see his annoying face right now.”

 

“You sure have a deep wounded heart right there. Make fun of him and you’ll thank me later.” Jiyong then accompanies her inside; this time he didn’t dragged her but holds her hand instead. Now it is time for his acting job. He surely loves this excitement. It’s been a while since he played like this.

 

As the two enter the club, loud and banging music welcome them. People are too busy dancing and drinking for them to be noticed. Besides, most are elite who are busy enough muddling through their own lives.

 

They settle themselves in a table near the counter. Seohyun really looks uncomfortable.

 

“Do you want to drink?” Jiyong offered her.

 

“Actually I do; a hard one please.” She wants to be drunk, really drunk. They say being one will give much confidence.

 

“Uh-oh, someone’s going to be knocked-out.” He laughed it off and signaled the waiter to take their order.

 

“Two orange juice please.”

 

“That will be all sir?” The waiter seems unconvinced. Jiyong just nodded and mouthed ‘Thank You’.

 

“What was that? I clearly said I want a hard one.” Seohyun is really pissed. Nothing’s going on with her mood. The nostalgic feeling of being dumped hugged her soul. She just wants to explode.

 

“You should be listening to me right now. Getting angrier will not do you any good. Have some fun first!” Jiyong is taking her lightly. He is not affected by her fury; in fact, he is enjoying it more.

 

“You are crazy! How should I be happy when I know that jerk is here? I just want to punch his face right now and curse his whole-being!” She backs away from him and goes to the crowd. Jiyong hurriedly stops her by holding her elbow tightly.

 

“What are you…“

 

She didn’t even finish her sentence when Jiyong led her to the dance floor and dance crazily. He looks like an alien barely following human dance moves. No one will believe he is a member of a famous boy group. Unknowingly, a smile formed on her lips and thereafter she laughed her hearts out.

 

Jiyong is pleased. He needs to calm her first before doing their mission. A mad Seohyun is not what he wishes her to be; it will not go according to what he plans.

 

“Dance with me! Show me your craziness Seo Joo Hyun.”

 

Jiyong dared her. This is what life in a bar should be. A boring Seohyun is not what he pleased as well. Indeed, Seohyun obeyed like a lost child. She danced randomly, a really cheap one.

 

Jiyong is surprised. So she has this side of her; she’s like a kid that will even be happier if a lollipop is offered to her. He smiled and continued to dance as if there’s no tomorrow. He has not enjoyed himself this past few weeks. Writing and composing songs can be this stressful; he has to play and this is a great chance.

 

They are in their own little world. Oblivious to them, a pair of furious eyes is watching them. Seohyun notices him and about to go to him fumingly when Jiyong stopped her.

 

“Rule No.1: Never be the first one to approach him. You will look cheap, trust me”

 

Though his words hurt, he’s right. Seohyun stopped at her tracks and curiously asked him.

 

“What should I do Jiyong ssi?”

 

Jiyong is pleased; no more disobedient, angry and furious Seohyun this time. He needs her to trust him. It is for her own sake anyway.

 

“Rule No.2: Make him jealous. Show him that you found a better man. DON’T MAKE IT OBVIOUS. You will look desperate.”

 

Seohyun didn’t respond. Instead, she encircles Jiyong neck through her hands. He didn’t expect that. Now it’s daring Seohyun facing him. He puts his hands around her waist and both danced like a real couple.

 

Jung Yong Hwa- the man observing them does not know what to do. Yes, he is mad but whywould he be? He is the one who broke with her in the first place. He is a selfish one; he wants everything he owns, or even owned will still be in his hands. He never expected Seohyun to move on quickly, too quickly that made him furious. Being an expert playboy, he then realized that maybe she’s just playing her games to win him back. That’s how confident he is.

 

Yonghwa just stayed still. He wants Seohyun to approach him first. He will play along with her games; but he swore she would never get what she wants.

 

“Let’s freshen up a bit.” Jiyong offered her arm for Seohyun to take. They really are natural, no one will notice it is only an act.

 

They sat on one of the bar’s love seat, teasing Yonghwa more. They ordered drinks, this time a cocktail will do.

 

“Does he recognize me?” Seohyun asked Jiyong while not being too obvious.

 

“Of course, half an hour ago.” Jiyong said in a straight face.

 

“What? That long? You should have told me.”

 

“Then what would you do after? I already told you the first rule. Besides, he is getting jealous. It is clearly seen on his face.”

 

 Seohyun feels she already won. When in fact, it’s just getting started.