His wish

Her Sanctuary

Chapter 11- His wish

 

 

 

After their exhausting trip, they moved in a different location to have a meal. It was a cozy and elegant restaurant fit for any endearing couple wanting to have a proper and luxurious date. For Jiyong, this is his agenda.

 

The moon glows brightly as the two eat comfortably and share stories from time to time. It is a serene place that made their constant bickering tone down. Finally, they get to talk seriously. This is what Jiyong wants. He certainly chose a perfect place for him to tell his wish.

 

“Please go to my concert.” Jiyong sincerely said. He is not pleading yet there is a bit of desperation in his voice. He badly wants her to watch him; for her to know him deeply, how he seriously handles his crafts yet how he enjoys every bit of it. He wants her to see this different side of him.

 

When Seohyun hasn’t said anything, he hastily blurted out.

 

“This is my wish.” With that, he knows she cannot refuse. He wants to make sure that she will oblige. Now, he doesn’t care if she thinks he is this eager. All he wants is for her to say yes.

 

Seohyun is shocked. She didn’t expect his wish to become as simple as this. She’s been imagining things like being a slave for the day, or being a temporary girlfriend to show off his friends, or even someone who will help him do his musical work. But inviting her to his concert? Whoah! This is something really unexpected. Of course, she will accept it before he changed his mind and give her a harder work.

 

“If that’s your wish, then I’ll go.”  She reasoned out when in fact she also wants to go.

 

Jiyong smiled warmly. He never thought a simple wish would make him extremely happy. “Thank you.”

 

“You’ve been thanking me this whole time but truthfully, I should be the one doing that. Thank you Jiyong-oppa. Thank you for helping me with Yonghwa, thank you for bringing me to Tokyo Disneyland, to this great place and most especially, thank you for making me smile again.”

 

And wow! That little speech leaves him in awe. Why does she only find this girl now?

 

When Jiyong is still awestruck, Seohyun continued.

 

 “I haven’t smiled for real these past few weeks. And I… I want to thank you for today.” She thought she can say these confidently but the little cheesiness bothered her. She’s afraid he will look at it in a whole different way.

 

Jiyong holds her hand. Thank heavens he finds himself. “I’m afraid I want to continuously thank you from now on.”

 

Seohyun did not get what Jiyong is trying to imply. The truth is he decided to pursue anything he and Seohyun have now. They started wrongly but without that mere acquaintance, he would not be able to meet nor talk to her like now. Everything just falls into place. He may not believe that before but what is happening these few days is a completely different case out of his hands.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The night of the concert arrives. Seohyun is reluctant about what to do. She certainly is someone prettier than the average; hence, her presence might give attention to the fans. More so, being a member of a famous group is really a disadvantage to her. But there is nothing she could do (as what she believes); he has her word after all.

 

The seat where Jiyong gave her does not help her either. She is right in front of the stage for God’s sake!

 

‘What was Jiyong thinking?’ She continuously blames him in her mind. There is no way people will not recognize her.

‘Is he trying to be legal?’

 

Oh wait! As if something needs to be legal. They are not even going out. Well, quite a few times. But was that even considered a date?

 

Seohyun’s over thinking is making a toll on her. Luckily, someone woke her from her trance.

 

A lady, probably in her mid thirties came to her, holding out her hand for Seohyun to shake. “Hi Seohyun-ssi! I’m Park Eunbi. I am the one responsible for Jiyong’s too many English mistakes.” Both of them laughed. Park Eunbi is Jiyong’s English teacher. To be able to write occasional English lyrics and to communicate better with other global artists and fans, Jiyong is studying hard to learn English. Aside from being Jiyong’s mentor, she also is his confidante. Most of the time, Jiyong seeks her advice when he can’t handle his problem anymore. So, that’s rare. However, he seems more comfortable telling her stories about his everyday life. Well, it is awkward to tell the boys his love stories hence he shares it to his Eunbi noona instead. Youngbae will get hurt knowing this. 3

 

“He told me to look after you.” Eunbi winked.

 

“Hello Eunbi-ssi. Sorry for being a bother.” Seohyun is beyond glad for having someone to help her tonight. She doubts if she can handle it herself. She admits, Jiyong shows he cares sometimes.

 

“Don’t make me feel old! Just be comfortable with me. Call me unnieor just Eunbi. I am a no brainer when it comes to age hierarchy.”

 

“No no. I’ll call you unnie instead.” As expected, Seohyun with her formalities.

 

“Well I expected that. You really are the upright Seohyun everyone is talking about. Indeed, you are a great catch!”  Eunbi awkwardly laughed with her forwardness. Before she blurts everything she knows, she successfully changed their topic.

 

“And don’t think you are a bother! In fact, I am glad that Jiyong trusted me with you. I reaaaally want to thank you for making Jiyong feel alive again.”

 

Oops! Eunbi and her big mouth.

 

“Making him feel alive again?” Seohyun badly wanted to know why.

 

Luckily for Eunbi, the concert started just in time. Both of them became preoccupied with Jiyong’s booming VCR followed by his unexpected entrance at the back of the audience, very far from the stage. He started singing Coup d’état while walking towards the stage. Seohyun is speechless. His charisma clearly dominated the whole dome. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I know this a short chapter. And I've been MIA for the past few months. I'm really sorrrry. I'm really busy with all the thesis, case study, exams and stuffs. And we're not done yet. Forgive me :(( I don't know when's the next chapter. I just want to repay all of you readers that's why I posted this chapter. Enjoy the slowly developing love line! :))