Meeting

Her Sanctuary

 

 

Chapter 10- Meeting

 

 

Seohyun is standing in front of a café nearby their dorm. Since it’s summer, she’s wearing an oversized blue shirt matched with white decent shorts. She completed her outfit thru wearing brown classy shades. This will also help her hide from the fans that would recognize her. Anyone who would see her will know that she is impatiently waiting for someone.

 

A black Audi stopped in her direction making her surprised for a second. Finally, he arrived.

 

Jiyong opened the window and smiled to her. She made face and opened the door.

 

She settled herself inside the car, sitting beside the driver’s seat. She was surprised when Jiyong’s face came closer. It was when she realized that he is helping her put on her seatbelt.

 

‘He can be a gentleman.’ She suddenly thought but regretted it afterwards. She shrugged her head.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jiyong looked gentle. Now this is scaring her more.

 

“Ani….I…I just… Forget it.” She made face again while looking upfront.

 

“You’re cute.” Jiyong blurted out. That made Seohyun blush.

 

“Whe..where are we going?” She stuttered.

 

Jiyong smiled. “Don’t you think you’re too nervous around me? I wonder why.” Now he is overflowing with confidence. That’s what he become. He can’t blame the girls for making him like that.

 

Of course she is. After all, he kissed her right on her lips! There is no way she will ever forget that. Seohyun just stayed silent. Maybe he’ll tone down if she talks less.

 

Minutes after, they arrived at a familiar place. In fact, people not just from Japan are enjoying visiting this place.

 

“No way! Why are we here? People might recognize us!” Seohyun is ecstatic. Why would Jiyong bring her to Tokyo Disneyland? With a vast of people in this place, there are chances that fans may see them. Even paparazzi might capture and reveal misleading news.

 

 “You’re no fun at all Seohyun! We can disguise ourselves. We are not in Korea; admit it, there are less chances of being recognized. Besides, when was the last time that you have played?”

 

He’s right. I used to be the strict, plain and boring girl. I followed every rule and disciplined myself to the utmost level. However, I can proudly say that I have changed. When things between Yonghwa and me got rough, I learned how to protect myself, how to love myself more and not be a martyr. I can’t really say that it’s fortunate that he left me but it gave me a reason to learn lots of things about life.  My unnies are right; the books do not say it all. We have to experience the challenges of life and learn from it. And I can say, I am beginning to accept it.

 

“Fine! We better have fun, or else..”

 

“Or else what?” Jiyong smiled at her fully as if telling her the hell they will have lots of fun!

 

Seohyun’s heart calmed. She doesn’t know why. Yet every action of Jiyong invites her to know him more. She instantly wanted to leave the place after knowing that people may recognize them but after what Jiyong says, in a second she just wants to have fun. It’s driving her crazy.

 

“Or else  you’ll have to pay for my dinner.” She laughed out loud. Now this is making Jiyong nuts. Seconds ago, she was busy frowning and making faces and now, here she is, laughing her hearts out.

 

“Now you’re asking me for a dinner date! I will think about it.” He playfully exclaimed.

 

Seohyun hit her chest. “Yah! I never said it would be a date. Fine! Don’t treat me; I think I will enjoy this anyways.” Now she’s being kind.

 

“I told you to call me oppa. Why do you always forget it?” He seemed disappointed. “And don’t worry, I already reserved seats for our ‘dinner date’. He recovered by mocking her.

 

“Okay op..oppa. Let’s go.” She hurriedly got out of the car feeling embarrassed from calling him what he wants.

 

Jiyong’s smiled widely. He never knew that it would feel this good, even way better from some girls addressing him like that.

 

 

The two completed their disguise though wearing masks and hats. No one would believe that the two famous stars are out there playing like kids. They first rode Alice’s Tea Party, which made their heads spinning crazily. Then they continuously rode different rides and giggle in delight. Jiyong smiles as he saw Seohyun enjoying herself; as if her happiness is his. This is really a good feeling for him. It’s been a while since he felt like this.

 

Seohyun then dragged him towards the roller coaster. The truth is, Jiyong is not a fan of these kinds of rides. He gets dizzy easily. Whenever Seohyun insists him to ride this or that, he agrees without a doubt. The great Kwon Jiyong is now being handled by a girl. This is something.

 

“Are you sure you want to ride thi..this huge coaster?” He stuttered a bit.

 

Seohyun laughed loud again.  “Now I know what your weakness is! Let’s go. It will surely be fun.” What Jiyong shocked even more is when Seohyun held his hand. “You can be a little kid sometimes.” She yet he didn’t reply. He is still registering the fact that it is Seohyun who first holds his hand. He surely held many girls’ hand, but hers is different, a lot more different.

 

 

After the terrifying ride, the two settled on the bench and watched the beautiful fountain dancing and swaying as if it has its own life.

 

“Oppa, you look pale.” Seohyun is somewhat used from calling him oppa. It made him smile, hence he speedily forgot about the scary ride.

 

“Don’t look down at me. I am strong!” he tried to smile widely but failed. This made Seohyun laugh.

 

“I am not. I’m just… concerned, you know.” She nervously touched her hair. Jiyong suddenly kissed her cheeks making Seohyun frozen.

 

“Thank you. It means a lot.”

 

She stood up, hit his chest and talked in a banging voice. “Yah! This is the second time you stole a kiss from me.” He smiled and removed her hands out of his chest to hold them though his hands.

 

“And you’re liking it.” He then whispered on her ears. They are now standing closely facing each other. One wrong move and it will bring rise to another kiss.

 

 Her brain is telling her to pull away but her heart won’t listen to her. She just stood still since she doesn’t know what to do next.

 

After about a moment, he moved away steadily, but making sure not to lose his eye contact with her. She finally woke up from her trance. She fixated her eyes to the ground and managed to say.

 

“Le..Let’s go.”

 

He was about to because of her nervousness but decided not to do so. She might feel he’s toying her, when in fact, he’s beginning to love her.