Go out of my mind

Her Sanctuary

 

Chapter 1- Go out of my mind

 

 

‘I don’t know why Kwon Jiyong’s words are bothering me. Do I really need revenge?’

 

Yesterday was the day she is waiting for. Early in the morning, she was excited to choose what to wear for their date. She and Jung Yong Hwa, the front man of CN Blue has been dating for a year. Yes, the innocent Seo Joo Hyun fell in love for the first time; none other than her on screen husband. In fact, it is their first anniversary. She has been waiting for this day to come; to celebrate their blossoming love that lasts and she hopes will continue forever. That is what fairytales should be. That’s what she thinks it should be. 

 

She texted him, yet he didn’t reply. She tried to call him but he didn’t answer either. Rather than worrying, she anticipated more.

 

‘Maybe he has something in store for me. I should not bother him anymore.’ With a smile plastered on her face, she continued to fix herself to be ready any moment Yonghwa decided to call her for their date.

 

She was chewing the last bit of sweet potato she loves when her phone rings, in the tune of Love Light by the way.

 

“Hello”

 

“Seohyun ah, come downstairs. I’ll be waiting for you.”

 

“Oppaaaa! Are you…

 

And the line was disconnected.

 

“Oh? He hanged up already. I should get going.”

 

Seohyun walked down the stairs wearing her black lacy-back dress with a blue cardigan to protect her from the cold air of summer. 

 

As soon as she saw Yonghwa, she squealed like a kid.

 

“Oppaaaa! I have been waiting for your call all day. It’s already dark. Where are we going?”

 

“Na, just outside. I have something to tell you Seohyun.”

 

Yonghwa seemed cold. He was not like the usual Yonghwa whose playfulness and sweetness is mind-blowing. Seohyun couldn’t comprehend his attitude this night. Her excitement vanished. She shouldn’t expect for something grandiose that will surprise her. Something about this night was not right.

 

“Seohyun-ah, I hate to tell you about this.” She was awoken from her trance. Something is definitely up. Did something bad happen?

 

“What is it oppa?” Her voice is full of anxiety.

 

“We should break up.”

 

With that, she was dumbstruck. It takes her a minute before she spoke. “How can you say that? Why? What happened?” This time, her voice signaled that her tears would fall soon.

 

“I…. I guess we’re really not for each other. Seohyun-ah, promise me to live happily. Don’t love me anymore.” He turned his back to her, ready to leave her with these words. She, on the other hand, stood frozen. She definitely did not see this coming. She could not believe what she just heard.

 

“Why? Tell me. Is there another girl? Am I not enough? What am I to you then; a girl you can just ditch anytime you want? Today is our first anniversary for God’s sake! How can you ruin it like this? Tell me! Tell me!” She cried helplessly while hitting Yonghwa’s chest with her hands.

 

Yet Yonghwa did not console her. He fought back instead. “Yah! I’m bored with you! You’re just plain and dull! How dare you accuse me of having an affair?”

 

He walked away, leaving the lifeless girl alone. She cried relentlessly while sitting in a bench next to her.

 

She was broken, a feeling way beyond her imagination. She never expected that this would hurt badly. He was her first anyway. Too many firsts she shared with him; her first love, first kiss, and now, her first heartbreak. She could not accept it.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

She decides to go back to the club where she met Jiyong yesterday. She needs revenge. Maybe he can help her. She is so mad that she will do everything that can make Yonghwa feel what she felt; that worst sentiment that makes her feel numb.

 

She sits on a stool and orders a drink, a light punch will do. Maybe Jiyong will appear somewhere. However, after half an hour of waiting, she got bored. She tries to find him instead, looking everywhere from the upper floors to the ground. She has no idea what she is doing right now. Maybe she is this desperate.

 

She still cannot find him. After tiring herself, she goes back to the bar counter, ordering a heavy drink. This is so not her.

 

“Another light punch will do for her.” Jiyong tells the waiter.

 

Seohyun collapsed mentally. ‘Did he observe me this whole time? This is embarrassing!’

 

“So, you are that desperate to look for me?” Full of confidence, Jiyong speaks while staring at her with a smirk.

 

“I… I am not! Why will I look for you? You… You are not whom I am looking for!” She stutters. She knows it is lame, but it is too humiliating to tell the truth.

 

“Really? Then I should get going. Goodluck on finding who-he-maybe!” Jiyong is teasing her. He knows she is looking for him the moment she enters the club. Girls like her are definitely hurt; but he never predicted that an innocent girl like her would want to claim for revenge. She may be hurt badly.

 

He is on the third floor of the luxurious club, drinking his favorite whiskey while chatting lively with Youngbae and some lovely ladies when he saw Seo Joo Hyun entering the club. It was like a déjà vu of what happened last night, though her eyes tonight is full of hatred; last night was full of remorse, full of weakness and longing. He observed her for a while; grinning for her cuteness. After tiring her, he decided to meet her.

 

“Wait!” This time, she is the one who holds his wrist. “Fine, you win! I need revenge.”

 

Jiyong is not surprised. Of course, she needs him. She really is this desperate.