Face-off

Her Sanctuary


 

Chapter 3- Face-off

 

 

Yonghwa constantly tapped his fingers on the table; waiting for Seohyun to make her ways to get noticed and even thinking that she will beg him to come back. Yet none of it happened for the past few minutes, making him fed up. Impatience tortured him; hence, he decided to be the first to approach her. He is a cool guy anyway.

 

As he was approaching the table of Seohyun and Jiyong, jealousness consumed him, as if nothing happened between him and Seohyun, as if they never broke up, as if he never broke her heart. Suddenly he did not have the courage to face them. Seeing her glowing like this, laughing with a man that is not him, and even drinking with that man in a bar, made his knees weak. What happened to the confident Yonghwa a while ago?

 

 It was Jiyong who first noticed him standing near them. He smirked, obviously knowing that Yonghwa is startled and even jealous. He is loving this game.

 

“Oh, jung Yong Hwa?” He acted as if he is surprised of his sudden appearance. In fact, Seohyun is more surprised. Being a man with pride, she didn’t expect for him to be the first one trying to approach her.

 

She turned around, flipping her long wavy hair. She acted surprised too.

 

“Oppa? Jung Yonghwa oppa?” she asked him as if they are in good terms, like a friend she has not seen in a while.

 

Yonghwa burned inside. Anger blocked his mind. ‘Is this your kind of game Seo Joo Hyun?’ Unable to speak up his words, Seohyun spoke for him, more of inviting him.

 

“Come sit with us Oppa.” She told him with no feelings at all. Yonghwa had a mental breakdown. Her voice does not sound sad nor happy. He cannot read her mind. She’s being indifferent and there is no way he will like that.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Few minutes before….

 

“What will I do if he sees me?” Seohyun is in panic; constantly asking Jiyong what to do.

 

Jiyong spoke in a serious tone. “Rule No. 3! Be indifferent. If you are too happy, you obviously are lying to yourself, giving him the hint that you haven’t get over him. If you are too angry, he will like it more. He’ll claim you are mad at him because you are still madly in love. But hear me!  If you are indifferent, it will make him wonder, he’ll go crazy thinking what you are up to. But eventually he will realize that you have forgotten him.”

 

Seohyun is in awe. How would he know all of this? “Have you tried it?”

 

 Jiyong is taken aback. She is clever. He didn’t expect her to ask him like this.

 

“How could you say so?” He is intrigued. The more he gets to know her, the more she becomes a mystery. It is giving him the challenge to get to know her more.

 

“Well, you speak like you have already said those lines a million times; as if you too are convincing yourself.”

 

No words can come up in his mouth but an awkward laugh. ‘How come he has been cornered by a girl he just got acquainted with?’ But of course, no one beats the oh-so-charming Kwon Jiyong.

 

“You don’t know me at all so don’t talk to me as if we’re close.”

 

Seohyun was about to talk back when Jiyong laughed hysterically.

 

 “What is wrong with you? Seriously saying that then laughing in just about a second?”

 

He could not control his laughter. His hands kept holding his stomach. Her reaction is amusing, as if she was not the clever girl a while ago.

 

“I was just reiterating what you told me the first time we met. Remember?”

 

 “Really? I told you that? I could barely remember.” He could not blame her. She was really not in her usual self that time. Being dumped would really make someone go numb, and lifeless.

 

She suddenly laughed with him. Realizing how rude she was, she just laughed it off, showing him that she is a bit apologetic.

 

She had no idea that Yonghwa is just a few inches away, hurt from seeing her happy with someone else.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Come sit with us Oppa.” Her heart twitched after hearing herself. But there is no time for that. She kept in mind what Jiyong said; being indifferent to Yonghwa is the best solution.

 

Yonghwa is awoken from his trance. He must fight back. He will never back up from her silly games.

 

“Sure Seohyun-ah! Will it be okay? Am I not interrupting something?” Yonghwa is never an average guy. He surely knows what games she is playing. Yet it still affects him dearly; the way Seohyun is the one playing it.

 

“No problem Yonghwa-ssi. Seohyun and I are just reminiscing the first time we met. She surely makes a man terrified.” A small laugh plastered on Jiyong’s mouth while looking sweetly at Seohyun.

 

“Not really Yonghwa-ssi! We were just talking how friendly I am to strangers.” Seohyun looked back at Jiyong while putting her hands under her chin.

 

Jiyong could not help but to laugh. “So you treated me that night as a stranger? Seo Jooo Hyun really makes a man terrified.”

 

Both of them laugh while teasing each other. Though they have been mentioning Yonghwa’s name, he feels out of place. His mind was blank; doing the right thing at this moment was what he is all thinking. The best he can get is to escape as for now and think about it after he has calmed down.

 

“Well, if you’ll excuse me for a moment, I’ll just go to the bathroom.”

 

“Go ahead Yonghwa-ssi. It is hard to control that.” Jiyong meaningly replied.

 

Yonghwa gave him a look.

 

“To pee of course.” Jiyong smiled at him and then to Seohyun.

 

She nods as well as Yonghwa.

 

 

“Did I act fine?” Seohyun whispered to Jiyong.

 

“It’s too early to tell but you’re doing great.” He needed to praise her. She’s really doing just fine.

 

“So, are there any more rules Jiyong-ssi?” She . She is in the mood right now, knowing that she is doing a great job.

 

“There is actually-

 

But before he could finish what he wants to say, Yonghwa came back, which overwhelmed them since it was too sudden, with a pretty girl, they both are familiar with.