Step Eight

10 Steps To Hear: Kiss Me ♥
eight.
_______________________________________________________________________________

"______, you can go. Your shift is over." My boss said, nudging my shoulder. I nodded and took off the apron, eventually keeping it in place. I walked to the coffee shop door and opened it. When I put my feet on the pavement, I closed my eyes, lifted my face towards the sky and let the sunlight heat up my skin. Today was a great day for sightseeing. My smile grew as I remembered the last time I was with Yongguk. It will do almost two weeks, that I don’t see him. Of course I'm a bit sad that I can’t see him but at least we managed to exchange a few messages and make some calls once in a while, it’s better than nothing.

I opened my arms a bit letting the cool wind flapping a bit my clothes and my hair. The air had a nice aroma, I could smell the summer. I know that probably I would appear to be a demented because of what I'm doing at the moment but I don’t care. I am as I am, and I will not change just because of what people think of me. I already have people who love me as I am and I'm happy because of them.

I opened my eyes and looked forward. I started walking to my house. I will make company to my father. I went through some cafes full of people, some music stores and I could hear the birds chirping in the branches of the trees, ready to fly. When I stopped, I realized I was already in the doorway of my house. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I approached the window and opened it, to let the aroma entering to the house.

“Hey Dad.” I greeted my dad when I saw him sitting on the couch watching movies. I don’t know why he always sees movies in his spare time. It doesn’t become boring? Maybe no, to him.

“Hey.” He said without looking away from the TV as usual. "Want to go out?" He asked and I sat beside him.

"Yes, why not?" I shrugged and he turned to face me. “To where?” I asked curiously. I no longer strolled with my dad for some time now so it would be fun.

"Hmmm, the mall?" He raised an eyebrow and I crossed my arms. Of so many places around there, he wants to go to the mall? Ahh, I don’t really like to go shopping and he knows that very well. He noticed my dull face, and laughed. "You're not going with me." He wagged his finger in front of me.

"Oh no?" I asked curiously. "So with who.." I'd ask, but again he fanned his finger in front of my face.

"You're going out with the girls." He grinned and I frowned. With the girls? Hmm, this must have something to do with the steps, for sure. "Now, I will say the eighth step." He said and I was still processing things when he started talking again. "Eighth step: Follow him until he finds out you're following him." He finished talking and I blinked, confused.

"Follow him?" I asked and leaned back on the couch. "How can I follow him if he’s far away?" I made another question and I heard him laughing. "And besides, why should I follow him? You know I'm not distrustful." I said at light speed, and my dad put a hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down, breathe." He asked making gestures of inspiration and expiration. I did what he asked and I felt calmer. "Now let me explain the things." He said and I nodded slightly. "Today, Yongguk, will go out with the boys." I was going to say something but he covered my mouth and looked at me straight in the eye. "I bet you haven’t seen the incoming messages on your phone, right?” He asked and I nodded, I still couldn’t speak because his hand was in my mouth. "Continuing.. The boy’s girlfriends should be arriving and they will help you with this step." He said and removed his hand from my mouth.

"They know about the steps?" I asked a little shocked and my dad nodded. Oh that's wonderful. I covered my face and my dad patted my shoulder.

"They will not say anything, trust them." He asked and I took my hands from my face and looked at him. Well, I have no problem with them, and yes, I trust them.

“Ok.” I nodded. "But I still don’t understand the purpose of this eighth step." I said sincerely. I know that all steps have to be consistent but I wasn’t able to find consistency in this eighth step.

"You'll find out later." He gave me a big smile and the only thing I did was shrug. I will not try to understand the mind of my dad because I only waste time with that. At that moment, the doorbell rang and my dad got up quickly and almost ran to open the door. I rolled my eyes because of his actions. He opened the door and my eyes saw three faces. There they were the girlfriends of the guys. Suddenly, I remembered something. I pulled the phone from my pocket and saw I had a message.

 

Yongguk: '______, today I’ll go out with the boys at the mall. Don’t worry. Later I’ll visit you. See you later.’

 

A shiver went through my back. How my father knew that I had received a message? Suddenly, I felt weight on top of me, and my face, flattened up against the couch. The boy’s girlfriends were on top of me and were misaligning my hair.

"Eh, ah, that hurts." I started to protest when they were jumping on top of me. "Get off me, please." I asked but they didn’t do what I ordered. Oh God, what have I done to deserve this? "Gosh, respect me; I'm older than you all." I grumbled and they got out of me. Thank God! I got up from the couch and looked at them. They smiled at me and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the house. I looked at my dad and he waved. Oh God, I will die before completing the eighth step.

"So ______, you want to be kissed by Yongguk?" Youngjae's girlfriend asked me and I blushed from head to toe. I even could feel the steam coming out of my ears. I don’t believe my dad also told them the reason of the steps.

"Oh, no need to blush." Himchan’s girlfriend laughed and I looked at the floor, embarrassed. Oh my God, where I went into.

"Oh, leave her alone." Daehyun’s girlfriend protected me and I smiled internally. Let there be someone who doesn’t want to see me embarrassed. I looked at her and smiled slightly. They stopped making me stop too. I looked at my front and saw that we had arrived at the mall. Already? Damn, it was fast. Why do I have to live near the things? I was still trying to put in mind that I had to follow Yongguk. What kind of step is this?

"Oh no. They are there." Himchan’s girlfriend said softly and pointed to our front. My eyes widened when I saw all the members of BAP disguised. "Come, come ______." They pulled me to a whatsoever shop, and I nearly flew. Oh my God, it's today; today I'll be without my precious arms.

"They’re gone?” One of them asked as she grabbed a sweater, and another put a pair of sunglasses on my head.

"Yes. Come on." They kept the things in place and again, they pulled me out of the store and dragged me through the people who were walking in the mall. We stopped near a storefront and my eyes stopped at Yongguk, he was laughing and playing with a straw through his fingers while others were eating and laughing. A silly smile filled my lips when I heard Yongguk laughing. I want him to always transmit the good disposition he has. I want him to be happy with me and I want him to always have a smile on his lips.

"Oh please, wipe that silly smile of the lips. We have to go." Youngjae's girlfriend woke me from my happy thoughts and I snorted. Ahh, I was so well in the land of thoughts. "Oh, back, let's go back." They all pushed me back and I hit with my back in the shop window causing the employee looked at us with a not very good face. "They went into this store." We entered the store and I could see them looking at the clothes, in the men's section but I didn’t see Yongguk with them. Where is he? My eyes surrounded the entire store until I see Yongguk and Jongup in the women's section.

"Yongguk, the menswear is on that side." Jongup pointed to the opposite side and Yongguk nodded.

"I know. I'm just looking for a gift to ______. I want to give her something; I know she’ll like it.” He smiled tenderly when he said my name and my heart melted at that moment. He picked up a sweater and smiled even more. "This is perfect." He looked at the gray sweater with some patterned hearts and Jongup put a hand on his shoulder.

"You like a lot, my cousin, don’t you?" Jongup asked in a serious and pleasant tone.

"I like her, very much. She’s everything to me." Yongguk said with his deep voice making my heart fail a beat, and a silly smile appeared on my lips. He said that in a so sweet way. I put my hands on my warm cheeks and sighed in contentment. Oh my God, what love does to a person. My eyes saw them approaching the employee to pay and a sigh came out of my mouth for the second time.

“______.” Daehyun's girlfriend called me and I looked at her. "I hope that at the end of the ten steps, you can kiss Yongguk." She patted my shoulder as her lips had a welcoming smile. I deserve to have them as friends. If it were not them, I'm sure I wouldn’t be able to do this step.

"I hope as well." I whispered and felt a warm hand to land behind my back. I looked into the eyes of Daehyun’s girlfriend and she shrugged. My eyes saw Daehyun approaching us and he put his arm around the waist of his girlfriend. My eyes widened at that moment. Oh no, I bet that whoever was behind me was Yongguk. I turned my back slowly, until my face was in front of his face. He was frowning and with crossed arms while the bag where it had the sweater, was dancing between his fingers.

"______, you get my message?" He asked and I was a bit disoriented because of his question. I nodded slowly. "So that means you were following me?" He asked another question and I gasped when I heard it. This was the question I wanted to hear. He didn’t give me time to answer him. He took my hand and dragged me out of the store. He gave big steps and I gave my best to follow him but it’s something that wasn’t easy because his legs were longer than mine. He stopped suddenly and pulled me into a wall. I looked around me. He chose a place almost deserted. He put a hand on each side of my shoulder. "Were you following me?" He asked the same question from a few minutes ago.

“I.. No.. I..” I tried to say but nothing coherent came out of my throat. He looked intently into my eyes, making me, failed to divert my eyes from him.

"Answer honestly." He asked squeezing, my arm. I couldn’t say anything. I don’t know what to say. I only know that I was in trouble, a big one. He approached his face to mine and I felt my blood concentrated on my cheeks. My eyes noticed the mixed colors his eyes had. "Answer please." He asked softly and I closed my eyes.

"Yes, I was following you." I told the truth and opened my eyes. There’s no need to lie, and besides, he hates lies.

“Wae?” He asked, taking his hand from my arm. The only thing I did was shrug. "You don’t need to follow me ______." He my cheek with his thumb. "I will always be faithful to you." He whispered. “And you know why?” He asked and I shook my head. “Because I love you.” He said almost inaudibly and my eyes widened when I heard what he said. This was the first time he said these beautiful words. He approached more his face to mine and kissed my cheek quickly. I threw him a smile and he hugged me tightly. At this moment, I knew exactly the purpose of this step.

 

Eighth step:

I learned that if I follow Yongguk, he will say that he loves me.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Annyeong :)

Well, I want to thank everyone for the support :)
Thank you new subscribers, don't be afraid to comment and write your thoughts :3
Dear people, thank you so much ~♥