Step Six

10 Steps To Hear: Kiss Me ♥
six.
_______________________________________________________________________________

I wiped the tear with the tip of my finger and turned to the right, eventually bumping into someone. I bowed without looking at the person and apologized. I felt a warm hand to land on my shoulder and I lifted my head to look at the person. Ahead of me was Daehyun’s girlfriend, or is better to say, one of my friends.

“______.” She looked closely at me and realized that I wasn’t well. "What is.." She was going to ask but I prevented her from continuing by raising a hand in the air.

"I don’t want to talk about it." I said looking away from her and I looked at the sky again. I didn’t know what to do or think. I don’t know how I was able to say such a thing to Yongguk. I just hope he stop talking to me for some time for me to put the ideas in order. "Mian, I have to go." I said and I said goodbye to her. I started walking towards my house. I don’t know what I should tell to my dad. He will freak out for sure and I'm not willing to put up with him. Oh God, what have I done wrong? Why Yongguk kissed her? Why didn’t he kiss me instead? After all, I'm his girlfriend but apparently that doesn’t mean anything. My heart feels like it is dead. My heart feels like it stopped beating but its beating; it’s beating to make the pain consume me entirely.

I arrived at my house and stopped at the entrance gate. I cursed and punched the door. I've got so many nerves. What am I going to do now without Yongguk? Some tears started streaming down my cheeks. I looked like an idiot, no, I'm an idiot. I sighed and wiped the remaining tears from my eyes. I can’t cry I’m strong. I opened the door and closed it in a bang. I walked into the kitchen and my dad was setting the table for lunch. I made a snoot with the mouth. I'm not hungry and don’t want to eat.

“Hey ______.” My dad said my name and looked up to see me. The smile he had on his lips disappeared completely when he saw my condition. I wasn’t too bad but wasn’t great. “Oh no.” My dad came up to me and grabbed my shoulders. "I better say the sixth step now and then I'll tell you what happened." He said a little worried and I looked strangely at him. I didn’t understand what he was saying. I mean, I understood what he said but I don’t understand the meaning behind the words. "Sixth step: You have to kiss his cheek."

"I will not do that." I shook my head frantically when I heard the word 'cheek'.

"I know you must be hurt ______." My dad looked at me sadly and gently squeezed my shoulders. I raised an eyebrow. How does he know? "You must be wondering to yourself how do I know, right?" He asked and I nodded. "I know because I challenged Yongguk to kiss another girl's cheek." He explained and my eyes widened in awe. What..

"Why would you do that?" I asked taking a step backward causing him to take his hands from my shoulders.

"Because I told him that if he did that, you would be jealous." He ran his hands through the apron and I heard my heart shatter. It was already broke, but now it broke up for good.

"Oh.. But it turns out I wasn’t jealous." I took a step back and my back leaned against the cold wall of the kitchen. "I broke up with him." When I said the last words my dad gasped and his eyes widened. He didn’t expect this would happen, well, me neither.

“Wh..”

"Don’t say anything else." I ordered and I turned my back to him. "I'll go out and don’t know when I return." I walked urgently to the front door and began to walking down the streets filled with people. I hugged my arms and I didn’t try to fight back the tears. Why my dad was doing this? I know he didn’t mean it but he'd better be quiet. The wind shook my hair while the tears fell from my chin. With the sleeve of the jersey, I wiped my tears and turned my face to both sides of the street to cross it. When my feet trod the walking street, I looked at the ground and took the phone from my pocket. My eyes stopped on the screen. I had no message. Looks like I'm not that important to Yongguk. Love is so cruel sometimes. "I'll stop thinking about you." I said almost in a whisper and saved the phone.

“Don’t.” I felt two arms embracing my shoulders tightly, bringing a sweet aroma to the air. "Don’t stop thinking about me." The voice asked sadly and I closed my eyes. As much as I want to hide, I have to admit that it’s difficult to stop thinking about him. Yongguk hugged me more and rested his chin on my head.

"I'll stop thinking about you because it’s the best I have to do." I continued with the sad dialogue. I can no longer say happy words. I no longer find happiness; I don’t see happiness and much less feel it. "I'll stop seeing you." I said in a muffled voice. Every word that came out of my mouth, it was like stakes into my heart.

“______, don’t do that.” Yongguk my hair with his cold fingertips and I felt something warm wetting my bare shoulder. I opened my eyes and looked to the sky. The sun was shining and there were no clouds, it wasn’t raining, but then what was I felt, wetting my shoulder? "I know what I did wasn’t the best thing, but there is no need for us to break." He continued talking and I sighed. Oh God, make him leave me. I don't want to hear his voice, not today.

"Please, go away and leave me alone." I asked closing my hands into fists. I wanted to scream out loud. I wanted to shut me up. I wanted to stop saying things that were hurting him, but my heart commanded on my reason and I couldn’t stop talking.

"I will not do that." He grabbed my hand and rested his chin on my shoulder. For the second time, I felt something warm wetting my shoulder. "I'm not going to let you go." He grabbed my shoulder again and did something he had never done. He kissed the back of my head. This was our first kiss. It wasn’t a kiss on the mouth, but it was an intimate and affectionate kiss. It was a kiss full of respect. "I can’t be without you." I bit my bottom lip and I opened my eyes. I was biting my lip so deeply that even pierced a little my lip. "We made promises, those promises that can’t be broken." He turned me towards him and I instantly closed my eyes, I wouldn’t look at him, not yet.

"Never heard saying that promises are made ​​to be broken?" I asked in an ironic tone and looked at my feet. I know I'll have to look at him sooner or later.

"Between us, there is no such a thing." He lifted my face and my eyes stopped on his sad brown eyes. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that his eyes were wet. Does that mean that, what I felt wetting my shoulder, were his tears? Oh no, I don’t believe it. Bang Yongguk is so strong on the outside, but in fact he’s a little boy with a weak heart. “Mian ______.” He asked, and without thinking I put a hand on his face. I hate to see him sad. Even now, knowing that I'm sad because of him, I want him to smile. Even though I'm heartbroken, I want him to smile.

“Don’t cry.” I asked, passing with my fingers through his eyes. “Smile always.” He approached me and looked intently into my eyes.

"Don’t ask something that’s impossible." He my cheek. "I will be unable to smile if I don’t have you by my side." With what he said, a tear welled in my eye. "You think I liked to kiss the cheek of another girl?" He asked and I didn’t answer. I don’t know how he felt. I only know how I felt. "I just want to share my stuff with you.. I just wanna be yours.. Mian ______.” He asked with a sad voice and I sighed. What will I do? My heart was begging me to forgive him.

“Ok.” I nodded. "I forgive you but I hope there is no next time." I warned him a bit better and he nodded seriously.

“Thank you.” He thanked me and hugged me tightly making me hear his heart rhythms. "I have to remind myself that I can’t do what your dad says." He whispered close to my ear and I release the hug.

"If you do anything else at the behest of my dad, you're dead." I said in jest and suddenly kissed his cheek. My heart began to beat wildly when I felt the softness of his cheek. After giving him the kiss, I looked at him and he smiled a little. At that moment my stomach growled and I blushed. Oh, now I'm hungry.

"Let's get something to eat, glutton." Yongguk joined our fingers and pulled me to a bakery nearby. I looked at him and smiled. It seems that not everything has to be bad.

 

Sixth step:

Reconciliation is a magnificent and inexplicable feeling.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

4 more to go ~