Step Five

10 Steps To Hear: Kiss Me ♥
five.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Ping! Ping! Ping!

My ears heard the dripping of the faucet falling in the sink. I put my finger under the tap and a cold drop slid down my finger eventually disappearing in the palm of my hand. I grabbed the towel that was on the kitchen sink and dried my hands. Today I was tired. My head ached because I had slept badly. Some nightmares wanted to torment me during the night without prior warning. I walked to the bathroom and sat on the toilet. I put my hands on the head and closed my eyes. The pain wouldn’t go away.

With a sigh, I got up and looked at the small mirror that was on the wall. I opened the faucet and filled my hands with water and then took the cold water to my face to see if it had any effect. Fresh water is refreshing when you have headaches. A little reluctantly, I left the bathroom and I lay in bed. My eyes closed instantly while the pain was still present in my head.

“______.” My dad literally screamed my name and I made a grimace with the mouth, taking my hands to the head. He opened the door of my room in a bang and jumped up to my bed causing my body bounced a little. “______.” He screamed my name again and I opened my eyes completely and sat on the bed.

“Ahh!” I massaged my temples and in my peripheral vision I saw my dad sitting beside me.

"Let me help you." He said helping me massaging my temples and it eased my pain a bit but didn’t make the pain leave my head completely. "Why you have a headache?" He asked, speaking low and I thanked internally.

"Nightmares." I shrugged and sighed. "I just want to rest." I mumbled and went to lie down in bed when my dad stopped me from doing such a thing by grabbing my shoulders.

"Gosh ______, you can’t stop the steps now." He said squeezing my shoulders and I looked calmly at him. He must be kidding me. This time I'm not with apathy to do whatever it is, much less do the fifth step. "I'll tell you now the fifth step." He said without even hearing my answer. "Fifth step: try to be more affectionate with one of the members of BAP without being Yongguk." He finished speaking and took his hands off my shoulders.

"Yeah, okay. I'll do it tomorrow." I said lying down on the bed and putting the head on the soft pillow.

"You have to do the fifth step now." He shook me slightly but I didn’t move. He shook me again but this time with more force but I grabbed another pillow, and didn’t move again. “Aish.” My dad grunted and I heard some footsteps. I opened one eye and saw that he had left me alone. Oh good, thanks to God, I'll be able to rest. I was almost asleep when I heard footsteps again but this time was hurried footsteps. “______.” My dad called me and shook me hard which made me turn my body to the other edge of the bed.

“What?” I asked annoyed and raised my face. When I did so, my eyes widen up, my dad was in front of me with both hands together and with the phone in hand. He was biting his lip. Oh no, something happened. “What’s wrong?” I asked alarmed and sat on the bed not caring about the headache. “Yah, tell me.” I shook him gently and he looked at the phone screen.

“Jongup called me.” He sighed and I approached him. "He said that Yongguk hurt himself when they were practicing." While my dad talked, my heart felt like it would burst of so many beats that it was giving. I heard well what he said? He spoke of Yongguk? "Members of BAP tried to persuade him to go to the hospital but Yongguk is stubborn and said he just wants to go to the hospital if you're on his side." My dad finished speaking and looked at my face. I don’t know what to do. I looked like I didn’t feel the blood running through my veins. I swallowed hard and blinked a few times.

"I have to go." I said getting up from the bed stumbling. I took on my phone, in my bag and I put on the sneakers as fast as I could. I have to see Yongguk. He’s hurt and I'm sure that he needs me. I left the house, leaving the front door open and started running up to TS. When I stopped in front of TS, my head was throbbing, my breathing was irregular and my throat was dry. I swallowed and I approached the front door. With a heavy heart I went up the stairs but stopped halfway when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Hurriedly, I pressed the button to see who it was and saw that I had received a message from my father.

 

Dad: '______, honey, I'm sorry. I lied to you. Yongguk is perfectly fine; I just wanted you to do the fifth step because it’s something important. I’m sorry once more.'

 

I sat, without strength, on the stairs and leaned my head on the rail of the stairs. I put a hand on my chest and waited for my heart rhythms to return to normal. Oh my God, my dad isn’t able to invent better excuses? I was so worried for nothing. When my heart returned to its normal state, I pressed the button and replied the message from my dad.

 

Me: 'Next time I will not believe in you.'

 

I sent the message a bit annoyed. I'm sure I'll forgive my dad but he deserves some punishment too. Because of him, my head hurts more. I slowly got up the stairs and put the phone in my pocket. I climbed the last flight of stairs and turned right. My feet stopped in front of a well-known door and I knocked lightly on the door with the dents of my hand. In a flash the door was opened by Daehyun. When he saw me, he smiled as greeting and opened the door wider for me to enter. I walked slowly and I heard the door being closed behind me.

“Hey.” I raised a hand and waved to everyone. They were sitting in a corner of the room, all sweaty and tired. It seems that today was a tough day. "Sorry to show up unannounced." I asked, approaching them and my eyes landed on Yongguk. I looked intently at him and saw that he was fine. Without realizing it, a long sigh of relief, came out of my mouth.

“______.” Jongup called me and I looked at him. "Sit down." He patted the floor but I didn’t move. The headache was obscuring my reasoning. Seeing that I didn’t move, Jongup pulled my arm causing me to sit beside him. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. Unconsciously, I was doing the fifth step. Jongup my hand. “Bad day?” He asked and I nodded slightly. I put one hand on top of his.

“Don’t worry.” I asked and his hair.

"______, you no longer know your own boyfriend?" I heard the voice of Himchan asking me jokingly. I opened my eyes and my eyes met Yongguk’s eyes.

“Hey.” I waved to him and he gave a small smile. Is he sad? Why? Is he sad because I was being affectionate with Jongup and not with him? Many questions haunted my mind and I had no answer for any of them. “Jongup.” I called my cousin and he rested his chin on my head. "Thank you for worrying about me." I smiled at him and he caressed my left arm.

"No problem." He saluted and I hit him lightly on the shoulder.

“Stop it.” I heard Yongguk murmur, and I turned my face to look at him. "You must be here beside me, so I can comfort you, ______." He gave two pats on the ground. "You must pull over your head here." He patted his shoulder and looked at me sadly.

“Yongg..” I started to say but couldn’t say the rest because we've all heard the door being opened. SECRET members came and approached us.

"Hello guys, how are you?" One of them asked smiling broadly. I never spoke to any of them so they are like strangers to me. One by one, they greeted the boys. "So Yongguk, this time you can give me a kiss on the cheek as a greeting?" The same girl who opened the door seconds ago asked, and when I heard what she said, my heart skipped a beat. "You never greet the girls with kisses on the cheek. Why?” She approached him and unconsciously I squeezed the arm of Jongup.

"Maybe because he doesn’t want." Daehyun shrugged. "Or maybe because he prefers to do it with his girlfriend and by the way, she's right there." Daehyun pointed at me and the girl looked at me.

“I’ll do it.” Yongguk said and I gasped. I heard correctly? He will kiss her cheek? She will be the first? Yongguk and I exchanged glances and then he looked at the girl. He moved closer to her and without further delay, he kissed her cheek quickly. I didn’t want to believe what my eyes were seeing. Why did I come here? To see the lips of Yongguk to kiss one cheek that isn’t mine? I stood up abruptly and walked to the door, tripping over my own feet. I put my hand on the doorknob but stopped. I turned and I approached Yongguk.

“You.. Me..” I pointed at him and then at me. “No more..” I said without thinking twice and saw the eyes of Yongguk widen. Without another word I left the room and went downstairs. When I left TS, I looked at the sky and then a small tear welled from my eye and slid down my cheek. Oh God, what have I done?

 

Fifth step:

It hurts to see you kiss the cheek of another person without being mine.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Yeah.. I did it.. Mian >.< Btw.. Did you guys saw the trailer of this fic? If not, here it is:    ~♥~

Thank you so so much once again for the trailer as a gift, saeng .