Step Four

10 Steps To Hear: Kiss Me ♥
four.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Vroom, vroom, vroom!

I heard a strange noise coming from somewhere in the house. What's that noise? I sat on the bed and rubbed my eyes. Instantly my eyes stopped on the wall beside me and when I saw the hearts, a big smile opened on my lips. Yongguk is so silly. I've already missed him. I want so badly to be always with him but this is impossible.

Vroom, vroom, vroom!

I heard the noise again and pulled the blankets over my body and ran to where my ears heard the noise. But what is this thing? My feet stopped in the living room and my eyes landed on my father. He was laughing loudly and pointing at the television. I approached him and looked at the television. My dad was watching a movie of Charlie Chaplin; apparently the poor man was trying to drive a motorbike, but wasn’t able to do that. I leaned against the couch and started watching the movie. I love comedy movies, only do good to the soul and heart.

"Oh my God, this is so humorous." My dad said slamming his hands on his legs and I laughed causing him to suddenly turn to me. "Omo, you're already awake?" He asked a bit surprised.

“Of course.” I nodded and sat down beside him on the couch and leaned my head on the cozy couch. "I heard noise so I decided to come see what it was." I looked at him and he smiled. "You should see how you get so silly when you laugh loudly, dad." I said trying to make fun of him and he shoved my elbow with his elbow.

"Yah, have more respect, I’m your father." He said, almost without a voice because he was embarrassed and I suppressed a laugh.

“Ok, ok.” I raised my hands and turned to face the television.

“______.” My dad called me but I didn’t avert my eyes from the TV. "I saw that the painting went well in your room." He put an arm over my shoulder trying to get me to pay attention to what he was saying. "I've seen the little hearts painted on the wall, how cute." He put in front of me and squeezed my cheeks lightly.

“Stop.” I asked tapping my hand in his and he stopped. “Thank you.” I thanked him as he sat beside me. "Dad, why don’t you get a girlfriend?" I asked out of nowhere and he coughed.

“Why?” He asked curiously.

"So instead of saying that I and Yongguk are cute, you will say that your girlfriend is cute." I rolled my eyes and he gave a slight laugh.

"Whether I get a girlfriend or not, I will always say that you and Yongguk are cute because it’s the honest truth." He shrugged and I got up from the couch. "Where are you going?" He asked and I turned my face to him.

"Get dressed to go to work." I explained and was about to leave the living room when my father appeared in front of me. I raised an eyebrow and he started talking.

"You can’t leave home before you hear the fourth step." He said in a bossy tone and I raised another eyebrow. "Fourth step: You guys should see a movie in the cinema and after the movie ends you have to grab someone else and pretend that you thought that was Yongguk." He finished speaking, and then leaned against the wall. "You can go now." He pointed to my room and I did so. Without a word, I went into my room and changed clothes.

The cinema has a special place in my heart because it was in the cinema that I and Yongguk met. I vividly remember the first day I saw him, like it was yesterday. At the end of the movie everyone started to leave the room but I didn’t because I had fallen asleep. Yongguk was kind enough to try to wake me, but since I'm weird, when he tried to wake me, I gave him a punch, well, in a special place. When I opened my eyes and saw what I had done, I asked for forgiveness a thousand times. From that day we come to know each other better and eventually he found out I was Jongup’s cousin.

I looked into the mirror and straightened a few strands of my bangs. I ran my hand through my coat and left the room. I went through the living room and my phone rang, I looked at my father and he was amused seeing the movie. I took the phone from my pocket and walked over the front door.

 

Yongguk: '______, do you want to do something after your work? I have 3 free hours in the afternoon.'

 

I read the message and closed the front door. I took the phone to the chin and started thinking. Well, I think 3 hours, serve perfectly to see a movie and get to be a bit more with him. I pressed the option to reply to the message.

 

Me: 'Can we go to the cinema?'

 

I asked and walked over to work. Today the day was pleasant. I like days like this, that isn’t too cold or too hot. I hate when the weather is very hot because the clothes gets glued to the body. When I arrived at work, my phone vibrated, indicating that I had received a message.

 

Yongguk: 'Good, I haven’t seen a movie with you for some time now. I'll be waiting for you in the shopping center next to your work.'

 

I blocked the phone with a smile. Today I would be with Yongguk. It seems that the last time I was with him was years ago and not last week. I kept the phone in my pocket and put the apron, cheerful. Today the work would be better than usual. As my father says, I get silly when I think of Yongguk but isn’t my fault and it doesn’t hurt to think about Yongguk because he’s the reason for my happiness. I hope that our relationship will last forever. Some clients began entering the coffee shop and I started to do my job until the time of my shift is over.

 

****

 

I looked at the clock on my wrist and sighed in relief. My shift ended. I took off the apron and said goodbye to people quickly. I just wanted to be with Yongguk as quickly as possible. I walked, or better, I almost ran to the mall. The automatic door opened and I walked to the cinema. It's been over two months since we've been here. With my heart racing a bit, I turned the corner to the cinema and when my eyes landed on Yongguk, a big goofy smile opened on my lips. He was disguised. Both decided to hide our relationship from the fans. It was better for both, but Yongguk said that one day he would tell everyone that I was his girlfriend.

I approached him and when I stopped in front of him, he showed me two tickets for the movie 'wanderlust'. My eyes widened when I saw the name of the movie. Bang Yongguk will see a comedy movie? I’m in awe. I thought he would choose a war movie but it seems I was wrong.

"Are you sure you want to see this movie?" I asked and he nodded. He joined his fingers with mine and led me to one of the cinema rooms. We sat in the last seats in the back, and I started eating the popcorn. "You'll see that you'll laugh." I looked at him.

"What matters is that I'm here with you." He grabbed in some popcorn. "Oh, but please don’t fall asleep." He brought some popcorn to his mouth and I frowned.

“Wae?” I asked.

"I don’t want you to give me another punch, well, you know where." He explained with a simple smile on his lips, and when I realized the place he was talking about, I blushed from head to toe. Thankfully we were in the dark. I'm sure if he saw how much I was blushing at this point, he would make fun of me for the rest of my life.

My ears began to listen to the soundtrack of the movie and the screen in front of us began to show the characters. I leaned back in the chair and looked at the screen intently. It seems that the movie will be interesting.

 

****

 

The movie was almost over. I laughed frequently and Yongguk too. The credits began to appear on the screen and Yongguk yawned. I bet he's tired.

“Let’s go?” He asked a little sleepy and I nodded. He stood up but I didn’t move. Wait a minute. I have to do something. I have to pretend that I thought some boy was Yongguk, but whom? I looked around me and hit my hand on the head lightly. Aish, the room is completely empty.

“Psst.” I heard something and turned my face to the right side. My eyes widened when I saw that Buky was sitting beside me. Wait a minute! How long has he been here? And how did I not see him?

"What are you doing here?" I asked and he pulled my arm for me to get up.

"Your dad told me to come help you, so here I am." He pointed to his chest. "Come on, give me your hand." He asked, stretching out his hand, and I attached my fingers with his. This doesn’t seem right; the softness of Buky’s skin isn’t the same as Yongguk’s skin. Buky started walking to the opposite side of Yongguk, taking me with him. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand landing on my shoulder.

"Hey, where do you think you're going with my girlfriend?" I heard the deep voice of Yongguk near me, and Buky, stopped walking causing me to bump on him. "And you ______, where do you think you're going with Buky? And to top it off, holding hands?" He has directed the question to me with a deeper voice and I felt a shiver going down the spine.

“Yon..Yongguk..” I turned my face to look at him, and saw that he wasn’t with a good expression on his face and had his arms crossed. "I thought that Buky was you." I said with my voice a little weak.

"I never in my life would appear to be Buky for three simple reasons." He uncrossed his arms and showed me three fingers. "First: I'm taller than Buky." He showed me a finger and then showed me another. "Second: My voice is completely different from Buky’s voice." He leaned closer to me and freed my fingers of Buky’s fingers. "Third: Buky doesn’t have a girlfriend as beautiful and special as I have." He laced his fingers with mine. “Let’s go.” He pulled my arm leaving a stunned Buky behind. We were about to leaving the cinema when Yongguk stopped. “______.” He called me and turned to me.

“Hmmm.” I muttered and he put his soft fingers on my cheek.

"Please, don’t replace me, for anyone." He asked. "Your heart must always have me in it." He the back of my neck and I nodded. I never in my life will replace him for another person.

 

Fourth step:

Bang Yongguk is what is engraved in my heart.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

I hope this is good..