Chapter 6

7 Years of Love

 

 

It was a chilly night and siwon is reading a book in his library. Well he’s not really reading, infact he’s been starring at the same page for almost half an hour. His mind is fill with his memories with kyuhyun. How the first time they met, their first date and their first kiss. He stare at the card and grin like a fool. ‘maybe I should text her now’ he thought. He pull out his phone from his pocket and type a quick message for her.

 

To: Kyuhyun :)

Hey, it’s siwon. Sorry to disturb you but I just want meet you soon. How about tomorrow at 10? I’ll wait at zhou mi’s café.

 

After feeling satisfied at what he wrote, he press the send button.

 

Cho Family House

 

Kyuhyun is lying on her bed, ready to go to sleep when she hears her phone beep. She sigh, wondering who in the world will text her on the middle of the night. She look at her phone and frown. ‘Unknown number?’

She open the text and widen her eyes. ‘he text me at this hour?!’. She saves siwon’s number in her contact list and read the text he sent.

 

From: Choi Siwon

Hey, it’s siwon. Sorry to disturb you but I just want meet you soon. How about tomorrow at 10? I’ll wait at zhou mi’s café.

 

‘should I reply? Aishh this is troublesome’, kyuhyun is practically screaming in frustration. She just send her brother and his wife to the airport and she just needs her beauty sleep after a long hour of driving.

She decides to send a short message to siwon,

 

To: Choi Siwon

Ok. I’ll be there.

 

After sending that very-short message, she still can’t sleep thinking about tomorrow meeting with siwon. She hates to admit but she is nervous, she need someone to accompany her tomorrow and there is no one better that the great Shim Changmin. She smirk evilly before decides to send him a message.

 

To: Changmin :)

Minnie!! You need to come with me tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at 9 and this is an order. Night sweetheart :)

 

Kyuhyun is smiling happily and after tossing on her bed for a few minutes, she finally sleep.

Siwon on the other hand, is smiling from ear to ear after he received her text and changmin was this close to curse her the next moment he’ll see her.

 

The next day

 

Kyuhyun is in front of changmin’s house for almost 20 minutes now but the latter is still inside. ‘where is that monster?’

After waiting for another few minutes, changmin walk out of his house looking all casual and innocent. He open the car door and smile at his best friend while saying, ‘hi kyu! You look lovely today’. Kyuhyun raise a brow at him, feeling weird at his best friend but choose to shrugged it away.

They arrive at zhou mi’s café after a 10 minutes drive. Kyuhyun is looking at the café, but not making any move to walk out of her car. As if sensing kyuhyun uneasiness, Changmin holds kyuhyun hands to let her know that everything is going to be alright and he is here if anything happens. Kyuhyun look at their intertwine hands and look up to see a smiling changmin. She smile back.

‘you go inside. I’ll wait in the car. If that bastard do anything call me, okay?’, changmin ask while looking at kyuhyun who just nod at him, looking not so confident.

She took a deep breath before stepping out of the car. Once she’s step inside the café, a waiter greet her with a warm smile that makes her a little relax. She look around and try to find siwon, and spot him in a secluded area at the back of the café, reading a book. ‘typical siwon’, she thought. The latter seems oblivious by his surrounding and didn’t acknowledge her presence until kyuhyun stands right in front of him.

 

Siwon p.o.v

 

 I look up from my books after noticing a figure is standing in front of me. I thought it’s a waiter and I was about to tell them to go away, when my eyes landed on a tall figure, the woman I have been waiting for, kyuhyun. She  look lovely as ever.

‘kyuhyun, you came.’ I stand up and she just smile at me. That beautiful smile that I miss so much. ‘please have a sit’, I motion her to sit opposite me. Now after seeing her this close, I starts to feel slightly nervous. I don’t know if kyuhyun is willing to meet me today and I was determine to sort out everything between us. I need her by my side.

‘thank you’, she reply. Her sweet voice that I miss so much.

‘do you want to order anything?’, I ask her while giving her the menu. She took it and immediately went to the beverages section. I call the waiter after she’s done looking at the menu.

‘what can I do for you?’, the waiter ask. I look at kyuhyun motion her to order first.

‘I would like to have a cup of bubble milk tea please’, she said, of course, and the waiter nod, writing down her order. Then the girl turn to me and I said while smiling, ‘give me a cup of black coffee.’

After writing down our orders, the girl bow slightly and went to take the other customers order. I look at kyuhyun who was nervously playing with her bracelet. I didn’t know what to say and I didn’t want her to freak out too. I clear my throat and begin to speak the first thing that came out on my mind, which I regret it later.

‘so..h-how are you doing?’, great Choi Siwon.

She look up at me and said, ’I’m fine. Hmm you said you have something important to say to me. What is it?’, she ask.

I took a deep breath and calmly speaking, ‘I want to meet you today because I want to talk about us’.

‘us?’, kyuhyun look confuse by now. I was about to open my mouth to reply when the waiter came with our orders. I thank her and turn my gaze at kyuhyun, who is drinking her bubble milk tea happily.

‘yes, us’, I took a deep breath and continue, 'kibum and I have separated. A couple of months after we divorce, kibum and I got engaged. At first everything is perfect. We love each other and I try to give her everything I got.' Kyuhyun didn't interupt me so I guess it's a sign to continue what I want to talk. 'Then suddenly everything turn upside down. We had our countless fights that always ended up one of us crying. I felt bad about it, for making her cry. I thought our fight due because of me not spending my time with her, maybe she felt left out. So one day, I decided to went home early, to surprise her and then maybe take her to dinner how sorry I am. But what I found next broke my heart completely. I open our bedroom door and found her sleeping with my best friend. Blanket covering their body. The next thing I do is kicking them out of my apartment and I fired kibum right away. I don’t want to see them again and I felt hurt. During those miserable moths, I’ve been thinking that maybe this is my karma for betraying you.’

By now my face is wet with my tears, that seems cannot be stop. I look up at kyuhyun and hold her hands, her soft hands and glad that she didn’t pull away. So I continue, ‘since then, I’ve been trying to look for you everywhere. Using all possible information to locate you, but you were nowhere to be found. By then, I realized that I have throw the most precious thing that life had given me. My searched have been going on for 3 years. After that, I really have no idea where to find you, so I just hope and pray that maybe one day, I’ll meet you and seek for your forgiveness.’ I smile and continue, ‘then last night, after 7 painful years, God has finally answer my prayer. I found you talking at the cashier at this café and you don’t know happy I am.’

I look at kyuhyun straight in the eyes and wipe the tears that threaten to fall on her flawless face. ‘all I want to say is .. I’m sorry kyuhyun. I’m so sorry for giving you a heartache and  for making you cry. Please give me another chance and I’ll prove to you that I am worth fighting for. I love you kyuhyun. I still do.’

 

Kyuhyun p.o.v

 

Seeing the man I still loves looks so vulnerable right now make my heart aches. I feel sorry for him. How could kibum did that to him? Did she know that I have sacrifice my own happiness for her? That woman … I sigh.

I pull my hands away from siwon tight grip and look at him carefully. ‘siwon, I have forgive you. I really did but we can’t get back to what we were once before. Everything changes now. To tell you the truth, I have never stop loving you. But I can’t take a risk, I don’t want to get another broken heart. I’m so sorry. I think it’s best if you just forget about us and go on with your life.’ With that, I stand up and ready to leave the café. Suddenly, I feel a warm hand held mine and turn me around. I swear the look on siwon’s face could kill a puppy.

‘please kyuhyun. Give me another chance’, he plead but I just shook my head and said, ‘I’m sorry but I can’t.’

He wipe the tears on his face and took a deep breath before look at me with his red eyes and said, ‘I understand. But can we at least be friends?’, he ask. I feel hesitate for a second before nodding slowly, ‘ok, friends’

He look happy and pull me into a hug. I was shocked and didn’t know what to do so I just stood there, probably looking like an idiot.

‘thank you’, he whisper at my ear. After getting back to my senses, I excuse myself, claiming that I have an important things need to be settled. He nod while giving me that gorgeous smile that makes me feel like having a butterflies in my stomach. As I walk out of the door, I couldn’t help but to think if I did the right decision. I could feel that something is about to happen but I couldn’t put my finger into it. But we’re just friends. Nothing could go wrong.

Right?

 

But she didn’t notice the smirk on the man’s face, the one that she had left in the café.

Do you really think I would let us to be just friends? Oh babykyu I thought you know me better.