Chapter 2

We Got Married? [Lunafly Edition]

 

 
“Time!”
 
Hyerin called out, her finger pressed firmly over the stopwatch button. Her best friend and group member flew past her and skidded to a stop before turning around and jogging back, puffing for breath.
 
“25 seconds faster than last week,” Hyerin smiled as her friend cheered at her side. It had been only a few weeks since Hyerin had begun training her. Hyerin was brutal when it came for training for sports, which is initially what she was going to get scholarships for, but as soon as she began to sing and dance, she knew she was hooked. 
 
Kyunhye sat down directly on the pavement, pulling a towel out and wiping the sweat from her beautifully tan face. Kyunhye smiled cheerfully, her burning muscles seemed far from her mind with the result of her training.
 
“Finally under 18 minutes, right?” She asked, taking a bottle of water that Hyerin had offered her and sipping at it slowly. She did not want to overload her burning system with water in case she got sick.
 
“Yup! You are just at 17 minutes and 52 seconds, which even I have to say is really good for a 5k run,” Hyerin answered, pulling her phone out and answering a text message from her manager. Today was supposed to be a free day, but both girls turned it into a work out day. 
 
SOS wasn’t what you would call a typical girl duet. They were both powerful singers and most of their fans enjoyed comparing them to Davichi, which is generally whom their manager wanted them to be like. 
 
“Not as good as your record. I mean, seriously, when am I ever going to beat your 13 minutes and 57 seconds? Never,” Kyunhye replied easily, standing up to her full height. Compared to her best friend, she seemed extraordinarily tall, her height maxing out at a solid 5’7.
 
“Unlike you, I’ve been training for sports all my life. That’s like asking me when I’m going to be able to make my voice break 5 octaves, like you. I can do four, but that’s as high as I can go,” Hyerin responded, letting her friend lead the way to their apartment. Unlike most new singers, they had an exceptionally new apartment that was situated far from the studio.
 
Hyerin’s father and Kyunhye’s mother had worked together to make the design come true. Both were highly praised architects, both specializing in the style of modernism. Their two girls lived comfortably in a 3500 square foot penthouse with a gorgeous view of the city. It had 4 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms, a kitchen full of stainless steel appliances, and a living room that could comfortably hold 30 to 40 people. 
 
Of course, the penthouse didn’t come free, but they’d promised their parents that when they became successful, they would pay it back. All 1.3 million dollars of it back. They weren’t making that much, but it wouldn’t be but a few more years of hard work and they could call the penthouse theirs. 
 
Hyerin’s phone buzzed in her back pocket. Pulling out the baby blue candy cased phone, her manager had put a radio show for them to be on tonight. She replied that they were okay with it and were heading back to the apartment. 
 
Upon entering the home, they were both greeted with a blast of cool air. They sighed appreciatively, especially after being baked outside from running. It may have been cool out for April, but after doing so much running, they were burning by the time their 4 hour training exercises were finished. 
 
Hyerin walked into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water when a little red note on the island in the kitchen caught her eye. Placing her bottle down, she went and picked it up, inspecting it carefully before opening it. The initials were a dead giveaway.
 
WGM.
 
We Got Married.
 
Addressed to Choi Hyerin.
 
Kyunhye was just about to step into her bathroom before her best friend hurtled into her room, screaming at the top of her lungs.
 
“I’M GETTING MARRIED!” 
 
~*~
 
Sam pulled open the door to the quiet little café that he’d been to several times in the early mornings to pick up a coffee before beginning his schedule. The warm, rich aroma of brewing coffee, intertwined with the sweet scent of apple cinnamon cider, hit him full in the face. He sighed appreciatively before scanning his eyes through the small room. His cameraman was already filming his reaction to every little thing. He had a pair of sunglasses and a hoodie on, which hopefully kept his identity to a low profile. 
 
He smiled at the thought of his two group mates’ reactions.
 
Flashback
 
“…What?” Teo gaped at him. Yun poked his head out of the bedroom they all shared, his hair tussled from running his fingers through it. 
 
“Married? As in… to a girl?” Yun questioned, a dumbfounded look on his face. Sam rolled his eyes and held up the stiff red placard for them to see. The initials  that were emblazoned in glittering gold was enough for them both to believe him. 
 
“Yes, Yun. I’m quite sure that I’m getting married to a girl,” Sam smirked at his younger friend. Yun came out of the room and inspected the directions.
 
“Think we could sneak in with you? I want to know if she’s hot!” Teo pushed Yun’s shoulder.
 
“And they say I’m the one obsessed with finding a girlfriend, aigoo.” Yun faked to be wounded by his words before becoming serious.
 
“You don’t think they would actually pair you with someone ugly, right? Or someone a lot older than you?” Sam shrugged at the question.
 
“I’m sure they picked out someone that I would get along with. I don’t mind if she’s older or younger, just as long as there isn’t too much of a gap,” He turned to the cameraman and smiled a winning smile at the camera, waving the card in his hand. Yun scoffed before heading back inside.
 
“She’s better be tolerant of your moody, aggressive self.”
 
End Flashback
 
The room was designed to have a 180 degree view of the front. Glass windows and wrap around benches made up the majority of the back wall. A few couples dotted the area, but there was one figure that sat alone, a pair of sunglasses sat perched on the tip of a dainty nose. The figure was quite obviously female, given the well endowed bust and small stature. She was looking at something on her phone, a steaming cup of black coffee sat next to her. 
 
In her hand was a small folded piece of red paper.
 
Heart racing, Sam meandered his way through the table after ordering a coffee. The girl seemed to sense his presence and put her phone down, picking up the cup of coffee; he could feel her penetrating stare through her glasses.
 
Without a word, she slowly slid the card into the middle of the table. Reaching into his pocket, he retrieved his own card and placed it down next to hers.
 
With a small smile, she took her glasses off and he came face to face with who had to be one of the most beautiful girls he’d ever laid eyes on.
 
She was mixed, that much was obvious. Bright green cat eyes followed his every move and her high cheekbones seemed to accentuate her tan skin. Pouty pink lips curved into a soft smile as she tossed silky, wavy hair over one shoulder. She offered him a hand to shake. 
 
“Choi Hyerin. Leader of the girl duet, SOS.” Sam knew at once that she had to feature in one of his songs. The soft, lilting notes of her voice and the delicately high soprano that so reminded him of wind chimes seemed to envelope him. He had to have her featured in his song. He had to, without any hesitation. 
 
He took her dainty hand. His larger hand seemed to dwarf hers, completely sealing it from view. 
 
“Sam Carter, Leader of Lunafly.” Hyerin looked at him, her eyes fluttering softly.
 
“You have an accent,” It was a statement more than anything. He nodded, releasing her hand and taking as seat across from her. 
 
“I’m from the UK. You aren’t full Korean either,” He also seemed to point that out rather than actually asking her. Hyerin let out a tinkling laugh. It wasn’t a giggle, it was a true, sincere laugh.
 
“You’re right. I’m half Korean and Half Italian. Born in Naples, Italy,” Sam nodded, taking his glasses off and laying them down on the table. Hyerin raised an eyebrow at him. 
 
“You look more European than I thought. Granted, I know I don’t look much Korean either. I will admit that you have those movie star good looks though, and from the songs I’ve listened to, you are a phenomenal singer,” She commented, taking a sip of her coffee.
 
Sam laughed, relaxing after spending less than five minutes in her presence. He was relieved. He feared that the show would pair him up with someone giggly and clingy, one of those girls that seemed to be all about the cutesy acts that was all over Korea at the moment. His fears melted away as her curt, slightly sarcastic comments came out.
 
“Do you speak English?” They’d been speaking in Korean until he’d asked that question.
 
“I’m fluent in it,” She answered in perfect, slightly accented English. It wasn’t a British accent, but it wasn’t an American either. It was, well, what you would assume an Italian accent would sound like.
 
Sam nodded, taking a sip of his warm coffee before setting the cup down and leaning forward onto his elbows, looking straight into her emerald green eyes.
 
“So, what’s on my Honey-Do list for the day?”