Chapter 5

We Got Married? [Lunafly Edition]
“Honey? Are you two dating?” Dongjun looked between the two rookie stars, his eyes wide. He stood up straight from where he’d been leaning against one of the support poles that kept the gazebo standing and pointed a finger between the two of them, his eyes darting between the couple in front of him and the camera only a few feet away.
 
“Not exactly. I’m sure you’ve heard of the rumors that ‘We got Married’ is going to have a new couple, right?” Same straightened up, giving the makeup artist some room to cover up the forming bruise that was beginning to blossom on Hyerin’s cheek. Dongjun nodded his head in a single jerky motion before his mouth dropped open in surprise as everything clicked into place. Sam smiled at his younger, his eyes glancing over at the course, watching as the fans sitting in the stands whispered about what happened.
 
“Why did you do it? You knew about the risk factor, I could see it on your face,” Sam turned to look at his young wife, watching as she thanked the cordi-noona for fixing the blemish. She fixed her gaze on her older husband, her lips pursed in a small frown.
 
“I’d gotten that far. You think that this tiny little bruise is going to keep me from winning?” She answered, raising an eyebrow at him. Sam could tell she was not happy about how he approached this topic. From what he’d gathered during their conversation, she was extremely independent and would do what she wanted, regardless of any consequences.
 
Sam sighed, exhaling loudly through his nostrils. He had to calm down; it was obvious to him now that he did approach the topic a little harshly and he couldn’t forget that she’d told him before she’d been in competitive sports her entire life. Competition and the urge to win were practically in her blood.
 
Hyerin crinkled her face up as she watched her husband; had she really stressed him out? She huffed to herself before getting up from her seat and wrapping her arms around Sam’s waist, giving him a comforting hug.
 
“I’m sorry if what I did upset you, but you have to know that I’m not sorry that I did do it,” Hyerin had to stand on her tip toes to rest her chin on his shoulder.
 
Sam looked down in surprise at her, his eyes softening as he accepted her apology.
 
“Just don’t make me worry about you; you are strong and independent, not to mention stubborn like a bull, so all I’m asking is for you consider your consequences before doing anything reckless,” He answered, giving her tiny frame a reassuring squeeze. He felt her nod into his shoulder and she stepped back, her eyes regaining their fire as she glanced back over the competition course. He wasn’t sure if the show was going to allow the scene to be filmed, but he knew that the rumors were still sure to begin circulation through the numerous fancams that had undoubtedly been captured.
 
“Sorry to break into this really adorable moment of sentimentality, hyung, but the MC is calling for Hyerin hyungsoonim (A/N)” Dongjun poked Sam on the shoulder. Hyerin laughed at her newfound friend, leaving the tent with a wave over her shoulder. Time to go back into the competition.
 
~~~~~~~
 
The show had ended and Hyerin bounced back to the tent to gather her personal belongings. She’d beaten her previous record by ten seconds and managed to claim the title of first place on her first appearance. Sam met her by the company van that was in charge of taking them for the filming of another episode.
 
Hyerin’s manager trotted up to them, his blackberry in hand.
 
“Hyerin, you are set to film your second episode of your live streaming show with Kyunhye tonight. I neglected to mention this to you this morning but I just received another email about it,” Her manager turned to Sam. “You can go with her and be their special guest on the show. The first episode aired already so many fans are waiting for more appearances of the two of you together.” 
 
Sam nodded, pulling his phone out to message the other members. Yun responded immediately and said that on their next filming of Music TV they should invite the girls over as their own special guests. He smiled at his younger’s antics; Yun already wanted to meet Kyunhye in person and was dying to get to know her better.
 
Hyerin laced their fingers together and pulled him into the van, telling the driver to report to Jellyfish’s company building. Because SOS was under Jellyfish, they were label mates with other groups such as Vixx, who’d recently been on Sam’s radio just a few days prior. 
 
As they pulled into the building parking lot, seeing as it wasn’t very far from the set, they left the van and proceeded to the practice room, where the cameras were being set and where Kyunhye was sitting on a couch, typing away on her phone. 
 
“Hey,” Kyunhye answered, looking up when her best friend walked through the door, doing a double take when she noticed Sam.
 
“Is he…?” Hyerin nodded at the unfinished question. “Meet your new brother in law. Sam, this is Kyunhye. Kyunhye, this is Sam. There, introductions are done,” Hyerin stated, her hands digging in her purse for her phone. She pulled it out and immediately went onto Twitter, tweeting ‘Tune in for SOS’s live show ‘Notes To You’ and catch us with the handsome Sam Carter! @SamCarterSC’. Sam laughed at her before doing the same, tweeting ‘About to go on live with the lovely girls of SOS for their show ‘Notes To You’! Tune in! @RinnieChoi’.
 
They took a seat on the couch, Hyerin sitting in the middle and Sam to her right. Kyunhye was sitting on her left, already scrolling through the messages that were pouring in from the waiting viewers.
 
One of the camera men handed Hyerin an iPad, which she gladly shared with her husband. Kyunhye was in charge of the laptop and she was skimming through the messages, cracking small smiles when the viewer’s comments were funny. 
 
The little screen was blank, but the comments were still rushing in. Suddenly, the video player was filled with the three of them, and Sam pointed it out.
 
“And we’re on!” Hyerin jumped at the sudden statement and then smiled, waving at the camera.
 
“Hey guys, it’s Rin here,” She called out, flashing a bright smile. 
 
“Hi everyone, it’s Kyun,” Kyunhye waved at the camera and together with Hyerin, they welcomed the viewers who were watching it live, “Welcome to our show, Notes To You!”
 
“It may only be our second episode, but guys, today we have a very special guest with us,” Hyerin said, clapping her hands together. “As many of you know, I was recently chosen to be on the very popular variety show ‘We Got Married’ and I’m sure you guys already know him, but please welcome my charming British husband, Sam Carter!”
 
Sam straightened up in his seat from his relaxed position and waved at the camera, a charismatic smile on his face. “Hey guys, I’m Sam from Lunafly!”
 
“Okay guys, we just started and the messages have begun coming in before we started filming, so let’s get to our notes!” Hyerin replied cheerily, leaning back into the couch. Sam peering over her shoulder to look at the iPad and the messages that were steadily coming in.
 
“Okay, from _____ , we have ‘How does it feel to be married to a Hobbit five years older than you?” Hyerin read the question out loud, her tone confused.
 
“Okay, well, first I have to question why I’m married to a Hobbit. I’m thinking of the book now and am not finding a distinct correlation between Sam and a Hobbit,” She answered slowly, looking over at the blonde haired male with questioning eyes. Upon hearing the question, Sam had laughed, leaning into the couch and covering his face before regaining his composure and explaining to his little wife. 
 
“On one of Lunafly’s music TV episodes, Teo meant to say I have bad habits, but he ended up saying that I was a bad Hobbit,” He answered and Hyerin busted out laughing; even Kyunhye had to snicker a little bit.
 
“So _______, since I’ve just found out about my, uh, Hobbit’s true nature, I can explain the other half. I don’t mind the , honestly. I always liked dating older guys better anyways. I’m sorry for any hearts I just crushed with that statement,” She held up her hands as if to defend herself and Kyunhye laughed.
 
“Point for the husband,” Sam stated, using his index finger to scroll through all of the messages. He busted out laughing when he saw a viewer had commented ‘#DATHOBBITLOVE’.
 
Kyunhye found the next question. “And from ________, we have ‘What is girl code for being dumped? And why are guys always trying to be humble about breaking up?”
 
“Okay, well. Girl code for being dumped: Your services are no longer needed and he’s taking the trash out to be collected. That’s about as blunt as I can give it to you, honey.” Hyerin answered, her face completely straight. Kyunhye busted out laughing, clapping her hands together.
 
“Taking the trash out?” She sputtered between her laughter and Rin shrugged nonchalantly. “It’s true. Now, pertaining to your other question, I will let Sam answer this,” Hyerin waved the camera so it showed Sam’s face.
 
“Well, Okay I have to careful with answering this. When I broke up with my first girlfriend, I was definitely really humble. I think it’s more of an instinct in guys to say that it was them that was flawed in the relationship and not the girl,” He stated slowly, tilting his head as he considered his words.
 
“Doesn’t that lead us on though? Us women are just going to think that you need time because we’re delusional and we never want a relationship to end. Personally, as long as you say it directly to my face and don’t beat around the bush, I’m happy. Well, not happy about it, but I’ll respect you as a man to break up with me face-to-face,” Hyerin answered and the camera turned to Kyun for her input.
 
“If you’re going to break up with me, do it directly and cleanly. Don’t make me get second thoughts and make it seem like we have another chance. If you have to, do it harshly. Get the point across. Tell her that you’re never going to have enough time because you don’t want time. Tell her you don’t want her, Be honest.” She replied nonchalantly, her lips pursed. “Sorry, but the chick needs to know that you don’t want her. Wishful thinking is the absolute worst.
 
“Moving on!” Hyerin chirped, scrolling through the questions. One viewer commented the words ‘Pregnancy scare?’
 
“To ________, Every girl is going to have a pregnancy scare. Every single one of them. And they usually aren’t pretty.” She stated with a poker face. Sam looked over at her in surprise. “Did you ever have one?”
 
Hyerin had the nerve to look bashful. “Yep. Three years ago. I just about had a mental breakdown. Kyun will remember it, very clearly, I’m sure.” Kyunhye rolled her eyes to the ceiling and groaned. “Oh god, the tears. The tears,” She sighed and Hyerin giggled to herself.
 
The rest of the night continued in this fashion until finally the show ended, many questions answered and the three idols completely exhausted from the day’s events.
 
“Want to come with us back to our apartment for some food and drinks?” Kyunhye graciously invited her new brother-in-law over to the penthouse. She was curious how her best friend and her husband would act in closer quarters and was bent on getting them together.
 
Sam smiled before accepting. “Can I bring the rest of my group? They’re probably starving themselves or eating some sort of creation Teo manages to call food,” He cracked a smile.
 
Kyunhye sighed but her thoughts floated to the adorable maknae of Lunafly.
 
“Why not?”
 
 
~~~~~~
 
I hope you guys liked it! I actually just got back from my trip to Korea and it was great! Remember to leave me comments and to spread the word around! And by the way guys, hyungsoonim is what a younger brother would call his older brother's wife.