Chapter 3

We Got Married? [Lunafly Edition]

 

 
“I like how you’re so direct and simple; it’ll make building trust between us a hell of a lot easier,” Hyerin leaned back in her seat and smirked. Sam only smiled at her response.
 
“I like how you’re not a giggly, clingy Taylor Swift. I may admire her for her songs, but most certainly not for her personality,” He picked up his lukewarm coffee and took a sip. When he noticed her rummaging through a small clutch she held, he took his wallet out and laid a twenty dollar note on the table before standing up.
 
“My treat,” He let out a laugh as she wrinkled her nose at him before obligingly standing up.
 
“I can pay for myself, thanks.” She huffed. Sam had noticed she was short when she was sitting, but when she was standing, it became even more noticeable. He wasn’t boasting a height that was incredibly above average, he was at an average 5’10, but she had to be a good 8 inches shorter than himself. The top of her head just barely cleared his shoulders. 
 
He slipped his sunglasses on and handed her the other pair that shed left on the table. He couldn’t help but notice that they were of an expensive Italian maker. As in a good thousand dollars or more expensive. 
 
They walked out of the café, awkwardly not touching each other but carrying on an easy flowing conversation. They’d just walked to his company’s building before the cameraman behind them called for their attention.
 
Hyerin turned around, completely forgetting about the fact that they were on a show and the handsome man next to her wasn’t just any guy she could openly flirt with. They’d met just under two hours ago and already she felt attracted to him. His accent was unbearably delicious and the way he’d styled his hair made him look like he’d just rolled out of bed. She wanted so badly to just tangle her fingers in the thick, voluminous mass of blonde. It didn’t go completely unnoticed to her the way his hoodie seemed to cling onto his lean form effortlessly. 
 
Sam also turned to stare at his cameraman. In his hand was little red envelope with the show’s initials emblazoned across the front. He took it and opened the card, lowering it so that Hyerin could read at it. He read it out loud.
 
“Goal of the Show: Choose one thing to teach your partner that can be recorded by the show. This skill must be filmed through the entire time you appear on this show.”
 
Hyerin looked at him, an elegant eyebrow arched in question.
 
“So they want you to teach me something and for me to teach you something?” Before he could respond, the cameraman stated that indeed, that was the goal.
 
Hyerin crossed her arms under her generous bust and looked at him.
 
“What can you teach me?” She asked, leading the way into the building, seeing as the sidewalk traffic was beginning to increase. Sam ran through his options. She was a singer, so he couldn’t really teach her any vocal skills. He couldn’t dance, at least not the way that he’d assumed she wanted. He was a fair hand at soccer…
 
He was still rummaging in his head for an answer before she suddenly stopped in front of him and turned around. If he hadn’t been watching, he would’ve run right into her and that could end rather disastrously. 
 
“My deal is if can teach me how to play a guitar, I will teach you fluent Spanish.” He cocked his head. It wasn’t a bad idea; he was obviously very good with the guitar and he had been trying to learn Spanish these past few weeks and was doing okay in it.
 
“Can you speak fluent Spanish?” It was a simple question; It was clear she knew at least three languages, including Korean, English, and Italian. 
 
“Si, Yo hablo espanol con fluidez.” She responded, not skipping a beat between changing languages. He stared at her, impressed to say the least. 
 
“Sorprendido?” She asked, rolling her R perfectly. He knew enough to at least trace the word back to its origin.
 
“I am very surprised. I think you have a deal.”
 
~*~
 
They spent the rest of their time just talking in the practice room. No one was there aside from themselves and the cameraman. As more time elapsed between them, it was clear they were a good match together. His direct nature was held in control with her sarcastic, witty comments. 
 
When filming ended, they exchanged numbers. She laughed as she typed his number under the name ‘Husband <3’. He was just going to type her number under her name but she somehow managed to extract his phone from his hands and changed her name to ‘Wife (:’. He didn’t feel bothered enough to fix it. He was intrigued by her, she was calm and collected at some times, cute and slightly hyperactive the next. Sam wouldn’t go so far to call it bipolar, but he just figured that this is how she would treat a best friend. 
 
She checked his phone for the time and squeaked in surprise.
 
“! I’m late for my schedule!” She hurriedly grabbed her phone and small clutch, giving him a quick hug and saying a chaste goodbye, telling him that she would text him sometime later before rushing out the door. 
 
Sam watched her leave and shook his head. She seemed so normal compared to the rest of the idols. She wore expensive things, but she acted like any other normal girl. Cute and flirty, bold and daring, humble and honest; she seemed to be everything that he wanted all wrapped up and tied with a bow for him. 
 
He walked upstairs to the dorm and unlocked it, bidding goodnight to his cameraman. He was greeted with the smell of something spicy being cooked and a soccer game blaring from the television in the living area. 
 
Yun was on the couch, muttering to himself for the player to “Pass the damn ball… PASS IT. NOW.” Teo was standing at the stove, stiring what smelled like some sort of soup. Sam internally cringed at the thought of eating his younger’s food again, but he figured that after having such a great afternoon, he could use something to get back to his reality with his younger brothers. 
 
“Ah, Hyung! You’re back! Who is she?” Teo looked over his shoulder in greeting, skipping straight to the question that he wanted an answer to. As soon as Yun heard the question, he turned from the T.V and looked expectantly at his leader, one ear straining to catch what was going on in the game while paying attention to the answer. 
 
“It’s Choi Hyerin from the new girl duet, SOS. I played their song on Super K-POP not long ago, actually. You know their song, Teddy Bear.” Yun widened his eyes at the answer.
 
“Hyung! You’re so lucky! Do you even realize how pretty they are? And their voices! Gong Kyunhye’s 5 octaves is killer, hyung! Completely Daebak!” His hands were beating the couch to emphasize his statement. Teo laughed out loud.
 
“You’ve been listening to them for days now, of course you would say that,” Teo smiled, going back to preparing the soup. Sam smiled at his younger brother’s antics before calmly strolling into his room to change into something more comfortable, tossing a statement at Yun before closing the door.
 
“I’m sure I can get Kyunhye’s number fairly easily, for you.”