Chapter 4

We Got Married? [Lunafly Edition]

 

Sorry for the delay guys! I got caught up in studying for my exams and preparing for a month long trip to Korea! Please enjoy this hastily written chapter, however crappy it maybe!
 

 

“Y-you’re not joking, are you?”
 
Sam had to smile at his younger’s expression. Yun’s eyes were huge, his hair falling into them in gleaming strands of honey brown.
 
“Of course not, she is after all, my sister in law. Theoretically, at least,” Sam answered, walking into the shared bedroom, pulling off his shirt as he walked in, deciding to change into something more comfortable. 
 
“Hyung, hyung, hyung. If you could, that would be the best thing you’ve ever done for me. Really. Truly, hyung. That would be amazing,” Yun had followed him into the bedroom and was sitting on the bottom bunk, his eyes glittering brightly at the prospect of getting in touch with his newfound crush.
 
“Quit talking about girls! Dinner is ready!” Sam cast a sidelong look at Yun who gulped at the prospect of Teo’s attempt at cooking.
 
“We’ll end up facing him sooner or later,” Sam reasoned as he slipped his favorite soccer sweatshirt over his wife beater. Yun snorted slightly.
 
“Can it be later rather than sooner?”
 

 
“Sir, I am so sorry,” Hyerin rushed into the lobby of the filming for ‘Let’s go Dream Team!’. Her manager didn’t seem too agitated with her and shoved a set of clothes into her hands, gesturing to a dressing stall that was down a hallway as he talked on the phone. Hyerin bowed deeply before stepping lightly towards the dressing room, her heels clicking with every step of the way. 
 
“What kind of clothes are these? Aren’t these a little too scandalous for a variety show?” Hyerin mumbled under her breath as she slipped a pair of leggings on and pulling on the yoga pants that the show had issued. A regular T-shirt was what she wore over her tank top. Her sneakers made no noise against the polished floors as she hastily yanked her ebony locks into a braid down her back before spinning it into a bun at the top of her head. 
 
Hyerin sighed as she jogged towards the entrance of the tent that housed the other idols and competitors alike. The cool wind slipped straight past her leggings and yoga pants, chilling her as she walked around, greeting everyone else.
 
The obstacle course didn’t look too difficult. Run across a spinning tube, spinning discs created the next course while a set of slanted monkey bars made up the third. Following the bars, you had to rope a pole on a tall beam and swing yourself in a very Tarzan-esque manner. Jumping across a set of 7 floating rounds made up the last segment before the buzzer came within reach. 
 
“Are you afraid?” Hyerin turned to see a handsome man leaning against the stand for the tent. His brown hair was artistically mussed and a charming, friendly smile graced his lips.
 
“Not at all, actually. I was really into sports before I got into music, to be honest. I don’t believe we’ve met,” Hyerin replied, smiling at the stranger.
 
“Kim Dongjun from ZE:A, nice to meet you,” He held out his hand which Hyerin shook with her dainty hand. His smile was infectious and the awkward tension of meeting someone new melted away.
 
As they conversed, Hyerin wasn’t surprised to find out that he was really into sports as well. His lean build could only indicate that and she’d guessed that he was a runner, considering his calf muscles. She also considered soccer but figured he was more of an all around kind of guy.
 
“I’ve been into sports since I was young. I was a cheerleader for, oh, it has to have been nearly 12 years since I first started cheerleading. I also enjoy playing soccer and tennis. Volleyball is another favorite past time of mine. I was actually going to go for Olympics one day. For what country, I would probably go for Korea or Italy, but once I tasted music, I was hooked,” Hyerin chatted with her new friend, watching intently on the competitors who messed up. Many messed up on the monkey bars, which she thought strange.
 
When her turn came, she bounded from her seat, Dongjun calling out a brief “Good Luck!”, before a microphone was in her face.
 
“How do you feel right now?” The MC looked cold and tired but she could see his excitement. He truly enjoyed his job and Hyerin respected that.
 
“I feel great! I’m ready to compete!” Hyerin chirped happily, the blood was pumping through her in rivers of competitive fire. She loved competition and the adrenaline it always brought her. 
 
“Have a go at it then! Press the button when you’re ready to begin,” The MC left her then, going to stand at the side of the course as Hyerin stepped up the small staircase to reach the beginning. She saw other competitors take a deep breath but she didn’t feel the need. The course looked easy, and if she continued to think so, it would be easy.
 
“Go!” She muttered to herself as she slammed down on the button, the steam rushing out to fan around her in a warm blast of air. Her sneakered feet bounded gracefully, her eyes looking down in concentration as she crossed the spinning tube. The trick was to edge your steps just a fraction in the opposite direction of the spin.
 
With a few seconds ticking by, her feet had already found purchase on the first spinning disc. Hyerin knew better than to avoid the direction. Instead, she went with it, her head turned in the same direction as she searched for an opportunity to jump onto the next. They came in rapid succession and she was at the monkey bars with less than 25 seconds on the clock. 
 
Realizing that most of the competitors had failed here, she did the first thing that came to her. She gabbed the first bar and pulled herself into a chin up, yanking herself the rest of the way up in on practiced motion. Her feet found purchase on the thin bars with ease and she walked across the bars without any problem.
 
Hyerin jumped off the bars nimbly, the balls of her feet absorbing the impact of the fall. Picking up the weighted ball that was attached to the rope, she threw the ball at the raised bar, yelping in surprise when the rope slipped from her hands and watched with horrified eyes as it fell out of her reach. 
 
Just as the the MC was ready to call her off, she shook her head and raised her hand, backing up as many paces as she could. Out of her peripheral vision, she could see Dongjun watched with wide eyes, a familiar figure standing near him.
 
Sam.
 
Her husband was here to support her on her first endeavor.
 
‘Now I have to. I feel like I’m going to regret this,’ Hyerin thought as she ran forwards, using her feet to push against the floor as she launched herself into the air. Instinct fueled her motions as she shifted her entire weight balance forwards, towards where her shoulder were. The added weight pushed her further, her instinct to ‘Lift Air’ helping her jump tremendously. 
 
The edge loomed towards her, faster than she expected but she quickly turned her face as she hit the side hard, her nails scrabbling frantically for some sort of purchase. With a bit of effort, she hauled herself over the edge, wiping her hand across her bruised and throbbing cheekbone. 
 
‘Got this far. Finish it,’ Hyerin thought, her feet running forward to begin leaping across the floating pads.
 
Hyerin sighed in relief as her hand found the finish button, her eyes glancing at her time. A minute and thirty two seconds. That was acceptable, especially due to her little mess up.
 
She answered the MC easily, trying not to wince as her smile caused the damaged bone to respond with a dull throb of pain.
 
“I will win. I hate losing.” She told him flatly, her manager gesturing for her to go to the idol tent. She walked away from him, not caring to hear his answer.
 
“That was crazy,” Dongjun laughed breathlessly as he helped her sit down in a folding chair. She laughed but immediately winced, her cheek proving to her that she did not escape unscathed. 
 
And then he was there, looming over her with a reassuring air around him. 
 
“Does it hurt really bad?” Hyerin shivered at the way his husky accent whispered through her ear. A warm, firm hand grasped her chin and his hazel eyes were suddenly looked into her wide green ones. 
 
“It’s not terrible, thanks.” She winced at how nonchalant she sounded. They were supposed to act like a couple, not just acquaintances. Even off the set, Sam had that air of confidence and leadership about him that made her want to melt.
 
“It’ll bruise. I can tell.” Sam murmured, his minty breath warm against her face as he dragged his gaze to meet hers.
 
“I’ll be fine, honey,” Hyerin winced at the way the word rolled off her tongue. It seemed almost unnatural to call someone she’d met only the day before by such an endearing title.
 
“I know you will, honey.”