Bursts of Confidence

Uninterested

After playing for a while, Yonghwa calls for a break. All of the boys are tired, especially Yonghwa himself. He hadn't got much practice in lately, and his throat was sore. He puts down his guitar and chugs a bottle of water. Minhyuk goes off to greet his girlfriend in the crowd and the other two are chatting, so he jumps off the stage to go talk to Min-Ji. On his way to the back of the building a lot of the girls stop him to talk, complimenting his voice and songs. Soon he grows tired of their rambling.

"Excuse me, I need to go talk to my girlfriend." he says, making them go quiet and giving him the time to get away. It obviously upset them, but he doesn't really care. Finally he breaks through the large crowd around the stage and gets to the back, where he sees Min-Ji dozing off in a chair.

Min-Ji has her elbow on a table, her head propped up on her hand. Slowly, her head will start to fall and she'll half wake up again to put her head back but slowly repeat the same process. Yonghwa chuckles, going over to her and kneeling down so his face is closer to hers before he flicks her forehead.

"Ow! What the hell??" she wakes up, seeing his face in front of hers and leans away from him.

"Tired, are we?" he teases. Min-Ji glares at him, and then leans back in so she's closer than before.

"Maybe if you're music wasn't so boring." smirking, she pats him on the head. "But it was cute, seeing you try."

Yonghwa scoffs. "So you think you can do better?"

"Nope, quite the opposite. If I was up there it would sound like a dying bat." she chuckles, and looks him in the eye. Their faces were still only a couple inches away, so she pokes his forehead and pushes his head away, also leaning back.

"I seriously don't understand you." He mumbles, figuring she wouldn't hear him with the loud chatter of all of the people, but she chuckles again.

"Yeah,nobody really does. Not even my twin. On the other hand, I know her like the back of my hand, and could probably even tell you what she's doing right now."

Yonghwa looks at her with a challenge. "What is she doing?"

"Most likely admiring your drummer and plotting the demise of his current girlfriend." Min-Ji starts laughing, and suddenly Mi-Sun bursts from the crowd excitedly.

"Unni! I got it! Love potion! I need a love potion! And I'll put it in the lunch I make him, and-!" Mi-Sun stops mid-sentence when she sees Yonghwa standing next to her sister, and then puts her hand over . "Oops"

Min-Ji bursts out laughing, earning some weird looks from nearby people, and then Yonghwa starts laughing too.

"I told you. I know everything going on in her mind."

Yonghwa nods. "I guess you do."

Mi-Sun looks at them confusedly, but before she says anything Min-Ji speaks again. "Don't worry, he won't say anything. But where did this idea come from?" she asks her twin, interested to hear what crazy thoughts Mi-Sun was having.

"Well, I--" Mi-Sun is interrupted when they hear Minhyuk yelling near the exit.

"Wait! Hyun-Ok, I will buy it for you, just don't leave me!" he yells after her. Hyun-Ok turns around with an evil grin on her face.

"Good."

Min-Ji watches her twin's face redden with anger, and suddenly do something completely out of character.

"YAH!!" Mi-Sun trudges up to Hun-Ok angrily. "Is that any way to treat your boyfriend!? Can't you do anything nice for him, when all he does is follow your orders!? You're no girlfriend, you're a narcissistic slave-driver!"

Everyone's shocked by the usually happy girl's sudden outrage. A few laugh, some go "ohhhh", and some look at her like she's crazy.

While everyone is watching them Yonghwa quietly asks, "Why does she like him so much?"

In reply Min-Ji just chuckles, and finally says, "When we first moved she saw him win an ice-cream eating contest." Yonghwa laughs, then returns his attention to the fight.

Hyun-Ok  looks at Mi-Sun in disbelief before snapping back. "Who the hell do you think you are!? Minhyuk's my boyfriend, and this has nothing to do with you. He'll buy me whatever I want, that's what boyfriends are for." she adds snottily.

Mi-Sun, with her sudden confidence, rolls her eyes. "Yeah right. You can go ahead and believe that, but have fun running out of boys who will date you. Eventually, no matter how pretty you are, boys will realize they don't want to put up with your ." Min-Ji's eyes widen at her twin's swear word. "You're just lucky Minhyuk-ssi's nice, because I'm pretty sure I would have slapped you by now if I were him."

"You little--!" Hyun-Ok lifts her hand to slap Mi-Sun, who just cringes and closes her eyes. But the impact is never made, and Mi-Sun slowly opens her eyes again to see Minhyuk holding back Hyun-Ok's arm with a sad expression. Everyone is just watching in amazement, a few wishing he wouldn't have stopped her.

"Don't fight. Girls shouldn't so that." Minhyuk says sadly. Hyun-Ok tugs her wrist from his grasp and glares at him."We're fighting over you, moron! Are you on her side or something??" she says, scoffing. "Not very loyal now, are we? Shouldn't you be taking your girlfriend's side??"

"You mean ex-girlfriend? No." He replies simply. Now it was Yonghwa's turn to be surprised at his friend's words. Mi-Sun looks at Minhyuk, who's standing next to her with admiration.

It takes Hyun-Ok a moment to process what he said, until she looks at him in shock. "You're breaking up with me!?" He nods and Hyun-Ok turns her attention to Mi-Sun. "You little ! If it weren't for you--" but before she can continue or get any closer, Min-Ji shoves her hand over Hyun-Ok's mouth.

"I think it's time for you to leave."

Hyun-Ok pushes Min-Ji away viciously, and Yonghwa catches her by the arm before she falls. Hyun-Ok flees with a loud "Argh! Stupid twins!"

Everything is quiet other than a few confused whispers until Min-Ji bursts out laughing, so hard that she has to hold her stomach and Yonghwa has to hold her up so she doesn't fall down. But everyone stares at her weirdly, so soon she controls it. "Fine, I guess I'm the only one who found that funny." she mumbles, looking at her twin standing next to Minhyuk than goes off to get a drink and leave her them. Yonghwa joins her, getting the idea.

When her sister leaves, Mi-Sun's face goes bright red, and she puts her hands on her face. "I just did that, didn't I? How embarrassing~" she says.

"Embarrassing? You were really cool." Minhyuk says, trying to cheer her up.

Mi-Sun looks up at him. "Really?"

He nods enthusiastically. "Yeah! And... thanks for sticking up for me." he says, a little embarrassed himself now.

Mi-Sun looks back down at her feet. "I'm sorry, it's my fault you broke up with your girlfriend."

Minhyuk looks at her surprised. "Don't be! You made me realize that I shouldn't deal with what she put me through. And now I don't have to spend all of my food money on her." he chuckles, making Mi-Sun smile.

"Yup! Food is much more important than having a girlfriend, right?" she says.

He looks at her and nods, smiling. "But a girlfriend that cooks me food would be the best."

Mi-Sun nods. "Yup!"

"Maybe like you?" he says.

"Yup!" she says, than freezes. "W-wait... me!?" she says, pointing to herself in shock.

He grins. "Yeah, you gave me the bento, right? When you stood up for me I recognized you from this morning, and I realized that it must have been you."

Mi-Sun's face goes bright red, and she nods. "Yeah... I made the bento for you."

"Soo will you be my girlfriend?"

Mi-Sun nods her head rapidly. "Yes! Of course!"

"Yay~!" he pauses then, thinking. "Wait! I don't know your name, noona!" he says.

Mi-Sun giggles. "Kim Mi-Sun"


Once again... sorry. I had writers block, but hopefully no more!

I have the Mi-Sun/Minhyuk relationship set up now, and Min-Ji has some friends, plus she's softened a bit. So now it will get into the more fluffy stage. hehe yay~ fluff. Look forward to it!