Forgiveness

Uninterested

Min-Ji sighs, she isn't used to being this sappy, or crying. "Well, I'm going home." She stands up from the park bench.

Ilhoon looks up at her, surprised. "Already?"

"Yeah, don't you think that's enough crying for one day? I'm tired, and I have homework. Don't want to stay up all night doing that." She stretches a bit and looks down at him. "And don't tell anyone about today, alright? Not even Mi-Sun. This can stay betwwen you and me."

"Uhh, alright, I guess." He says confused. *She seems to be completely back to normal.*

She smiles at him. "Good boy. See ya!" she waves at him and walks away, ready to lay down in her bed and fall asleep. The day felt so long, she was surprised that it was still fairly early. Quietly, Min-Ji walks home on her own, thinking about her past. If only Yonghwa hadn't brought it up... but at the same time, she felt relieved. Maybe it was a good thing he brought up her past like that, or maybe it would have haunted her for the rest of her life without ever talking about it. Deep down, Min-Ji was greatful. But that's something she would never admit.

Finally Min-Ji reaches her house, but before she can turn the doorknob the door is flung open and Mi-Sun is standing there with an angry face. "Unni, where were you!? If you weren't coming straight home you should have told someone!"

Min-Ji sighs. "You're not eomma, even if you want to be. So don't scold me, something came up."

"Yeah, well I wouldn't have to act like eomma if you would just tell us where you are. Anyway, Yonghwa-oppa has been waiting for you to come back, babo." She puts her hand on her hips.

"What!? Why is he here?" Min-Ji asks, surprised and confused. *Stupid guy, trying to make more trouble?*

"Ask him yourself. It seemed like he was kind of urgent about whatever it is, though." Mi-Sun turns around and walks into their living room, with Min-Ji following behind her kind of hesitantly. When she sees Yonghwa on the couch talking to her brother and mom casually Min-Ji only becomes more confused.

"Yah, what are you doing here?"

Yonghwa's eyes shoot up to Min-Ji and he stands up quickly, bowing to Key and their mother. He walks towards Min-Ji and puts his hand on her arm. "Can we talk?" he says kind of worriedly.

"Yeah... sure." she looks behind him at her family and then back at him. "Let's go on a walk."

He nods, not knowing why they have to go on a walk just for a small talk. But still Yonghwa follows behind her as she opens the door and leaves er house once again. Once they are a little ways off from her house she glances back again and sighs. "If we talked there, somebody would certainly be spying. Most likely my mother." she looks at him. "So, what is it?"

*She doesn't seem mad...* "I want to apoligise for what I said. It was insensitive, I didn't think about what I was saying or if it could hurt you."

Min-Ji's eyes widen at his sudden apology. "You're apoligising?"

He stands in front of her, making her stop. "Please accept my apoligy." he bows a ninety degree angle.

"A-alright, I get it. Apology accepted. I just didn't picture you the type to do this kind of thing. Mister 'everyone loves me'." she rolls her eyes.

Yonghwa stands up staight again and looks at her, smiling handsomely. Min-Ji loses her self in his dark eyes for a second before he speaks again. "I'm not that obsessed with myself."

"Whatever. But everyone does seem to love you."

"Except you." he laughs, and starts to walk back towards Min-Ji's house. "My band has a concert tonight, do you want to come? Everyone will expect you to be there, since you're my 'girlfriend'." he uses his fingers as quotations when he says girlfriend.

"Mmm, I guess. That might be nice." *It could get my mind of things* Min-Ji thinks, following him.

Yonghwa suddenly gets solemn. "I really am sorry if I brought up a bad topic, but I wasn't trying to trick you earlier."

Min-Ji thinks back to his honest suggestion to be friends from earlier. Now she had known this, but something about someone wanting to be friends with her didn't seem right at the time. All she could think of was Yun-Hee, who had also been a popular person but one with bad intentions. But Yonghwa did seem to be genuinely worried for her well being, and now that the cloud of regret from her past was gone, she could see that more clearly now. "Yeah... I'm sorry about that. I guess I'm just not really confident in putting my trust into other people yet."

Now Yonghwa was surprised by Min-Ji's actions. Before, she never would have come cleanly about being sorry for something like that. Nor would she have forgiven him so easily. But he was just glad she had accepted it, and that she was speaking her feelings with him. "It's all good. Just come to our gig, alright?" He smiles down at her.

"Deal." she smiles back