EARLY

Just A Taxi

I sat in front of my television,flipping through the channels.
 
Its 7 in the morning,I'm all dressed in my short uniform,my bag is right beside me.
 
Once it hits 7.30,I'm out of here.
 
This has been my routine for the past two weeks.And it worked out well.
 
I wasn't even a minute late.I glanced at the clock,7.05.Its just that I take these precautions to convince my parents.
 
I sighed and grabbed my bag.I left the house and took a slow walk.
 
I mean,since I'm so early,might as well walk someplace then take a bus down to school.
 
I kicked the stones along the path and pulled my skirt down when the wind blew.
 
I can't believe girls like wearing short skirts and those hot pants stuff.Its crazy short and don't their legs ever feel cold?
 
Because I freeze every morning I go to school.
 
The wind blew again and I heard those irritating whistles.
 
I turned and saw a bunch of hung over guys,slightly older than me,walk over in my direction.
 
I rolled my eyes and continued walking.
 
"Hey,where you going?"
 
I ignored them and continued kicking the stones.
 
A guy grabbed my arm and swung me around the face him.
 
"Hey I'm talking to you pretty,what you doing out here alone?"
 
"Hyung,I think she's going to school."
 
"Oh,yeah you're right,look at her cute uniform."
 
He reached out to touch my skirt but I kicked his hand away.
 
I cursed under my breath and turned away but the guy caught me again.
 
"Yah you crazy bit-"
 
I slapped him and glared at his bunch of stupid friends,"You guys,shut up,get lost,I just want to take an early morning walk.If I am late for school,I'm going to drag you dirty low lifes to my mother's office and you are going to explain why the hell I'm late."
 
They looked at one another and scoffed,but I just folded my arms and glared at them.
 
"Oh,you're here?"Someone asked from behind me.
 
I turned and saw the blondie just behind me,staring at his phone or something.
 
"Going to school or what?"He glanced up at me and looked between me and the group of guys.
 
"They're your-"
 
I put my hand up,cutting him off,"Lets just go."
 
I walked off and the taxi boy ran up behind me.
 
"Yah!"The guy from the gang shouted but I scoffed and he grabbed my hand.
 
He turned me to face him and I kicked him in the stomach,"I said get lost."
 
Another guy came over to me but blondie pushed him away with just one hand while using his phone looking thing.Which I'm guessing is an iPod now.
 
That guy flew to the ground and I raised an eyebrow,he studies how to fight people now?
 
Another guy ran to me and I pulled his ear,dragging and pushing him to the ground.
 
"Erm,excuse me Miss Sleepy Head,but I need to go to school and this is really boring.I still have some notes I need to file in."
 
I shrugged and walked with blondie to his school.
 
The gang didn't chase us.Probably fell asleep or something.
 
We reached the outside of his school and I followed him in.
 
I still had 15 minutes and my school wasn't far from his.
 
He went to his locker and threw his phone in.Then I officially realised it wasn't just a phone,it was some brain exercise iPod the school gave to every student.
 
He looked at me,"Trouble maker I see."
 
I raised an eyebrow and tucked my hands in my pockets,"Whatever you want to think."
 
He rummaged through his neat locker and slid some books into his bag.
 
"So,you have something to tell me?"
 
I sighed,"Thanks for just now,even though it was nothing much."
 
He chuckled,"Your welcome."
 
He closed his locker and walked down the hallway.
 
I scoffed and turned for the door.
 
"Yah."
 
I stopped and heard him open his locker again.
 
"Take this."
 
I spun around and caught the iPod.
 
"Use it when your brain needs a workout."
 
Blondie walked off and I stared at the thing.
 
I shrugged and put it in my pocket.
 
I reached school,early though.Another five minutes before lessons start.
 
I sat in my mum's office and rocked on her chair.
 
Maybe for once my mother will be late.
 
I twirled the iPod in my hands,then chucked it on the table.
 
"Great,now I'm gonna have to return it to him."
 
I sighed and went for lesson.There wasn't much for me to do in school,just work.
 
I barely had to pay attention because of my mum's ability to hire tutors.
 
Lunch time soon came and I stalked off to my mother's office.
 
I opened her door and she glanced at me before returning to her call.
 
I spun around in the guest chair and took the iPod.
 
My mother hung up."Mind explaining why LTE's equipment is on my desk?"
 
I raised an eyebrow,"Equipment?"
 
"Choi Minhye,its something they use on their students."
 
I shrugged,"Its just an iPod,besides,if the kids there are so smart,it must be because of this right?"
 
She stared at me,"Don't tell me,you stole this?"
 
I scoffed for the billionth time that day,"Umma,I'm not that stupid please."
 
She heaved a sigh of relief,"So,where did you get it?"
 
"Aish,"I got up and shoved the iPod in my pocket.
 
"If this thing is such an issue,then I'll return it okay?"
 
I grumbled and marched out of her office to the cold air outside.
 
I went over to LTE high.
 
"May I help you Miss?"
 
I glared at the security guard,"Ajusshi,you know who I am,let me in."
 
It wasn't my first time entering the school this morning,I came here a few times before,just to be more familiar when I could transfer.
 
"Still,your student pass."
 
I flashed it at him and entered.Seems like it was also LTE's students' lunch time.
 
I walked around and some kids were staring at me.
 
I mumbled to myself,"Just need to return this to Blondie."
 
Some random kid knocked into me and I glared at him.
 
He kept bowing and apologizing I found it irritating.
 
"Yah,just say sorry once,what are you so sorry for?"
 
I rolled my eyes and continued looking for him.It was totally hopeless.
 
Finding one student,whose name I didn't even know was harder than talking to my mother.
 
Okay only slightly harder.
 
I went to the library and sat in the corner.I kept grumbling to myself and decided to listen to some music.
 
I turned the iPod on and plugged my ear phones in.
 
His music was not bad,I played a bunch of brain teasers and stuff while at it.
 
I didn't even realise someone standing in front of me.
 
He kicked my shoe a little and I glared at him.
 
I took my ear piece out,"Yah,I'm playing a game,can you disturb me later?"
 
Blondie chuckled and sat next to me.
 
I finished the brain exercise and handed the iPod back to him.
 
He took it and pushed his glasses.We sat there in silence.
 
"Have something to tell me?"
 
I looked at him,"Thanks for that iPod,even though my mother threatened to have an interrogation session with me."
 
He scoffed,"You really know how to thank people."
 
"Is that a compliment?"I pulled my skirt down out of habit.
 
Blondie took his blazer off and laid it on my legs.
 
I folded my arms and laid back.
 
"Sleepy again?"
 
I shrugged,"Not really."
 
"Its only lunch time isn't it?"
 
"So?What can I do if my body's clock is different?"
 
He smirked and got up,"Look,I need to eat,you too,unless you're some sleeping beauty that doesn't need to eat-"
 
I threw his blazer to him and stomped out,"Yeah thanks for all your compliments."

 

======================================================================================================================================

A/N:I'm kinda curious about something.How did you guys (my subscribers and readers) find out about this fanfic? Are you subscribed to my other fanfics or is Youngjae your bias or did you just accidentally get to read this? Cos I usually sieve through tons of fanfics just to find good ones to read. Thanks to my subscribers and please comment!