DINNER

Just A Taxi

I sat there,twirling the fork around my fingers.
 
Blondie looked extremely uncomfortable,to me though.My mother took no notice at all.
 
"So,LTE distributes iPods to all their students?"
 
I haven't even taken a bite of anything and my mother already started her interrogation.
 
I didn't help Blondie though,I wanted to see how he would control the situation.
 
"Yes,once we are officially a student,they would hand one out to every student."
 
"Is it personalized or something?"
 
"It has a chip,for every individual,they can track us from there."
 
"Oh,your school is incredibly strict."
 
He smiled politely,"Oh no,that's not the case,its just something our school keeps us occupied with."
 
"So your school can send stuff like work to you through that?"
 
"Yes,we never have any excuses for undone work."
 
My mum was obviously in awe,she couldn't keep closed.
 
She nudged me and I continued eating my rice,grain by grain.
 
"So,what did you teach my daughter today?"
 
Blondie choked and coughed on the water he was drinking.
 
I rolled my eyes and went over to him to pat his back,"Yah,kwenchana?"
 
He nodded and hit his chest a few times.
 
My mother pulled me to sit back down and I eyed her.
 
Blondie finally looked up,"Ah mianheyo,she,she's your mother?"He was talking to me.
 
That was the first time someone didn't refer to me as my mother's daughter,or the principal's daughter.
 
It doesn't seem much,but I always wanted something to be refered to as mine,not me belonging to someone else.
 
I nodded and looked at my mum,"You got a tutor for me,without letting them know you're my mother?"
 
She smiled innocently,"Well you also didn't say anything about being my daughter."
 
I closed my eyes and face palmed myself,"Chakaman."
 
I opened my eyes and looked at Blondie,"So who did you think I was?"
 
He shrugged,"I don't know,just a student in serious need of tutoring because even the principal is helping her out."
 
I couldn't help laughing,"Oh my goodness,you really think I'm a trouble maker?"
 
He chuckled and continued eating.
 
My mother watched us and we finished eating.My mother made me send Blondie out and I did.
 
"So,wait,I'll be coming over a few times a week?"
 
I folded my arms,"Guess so."
 
He smirked,"And you didn't want anymore lectures with me."
 
"Ironic isn't it?"
 
He nodded,"Okay then,I'll see you soon."
 
I shrugged and he walked off.I went back to the living room and my mother stared at me.
 
Uh oh.
 
"Is he gone?"
 
I nodded slowly.She took a deep breath,"Okay good,sit down."
 
Uh oh,not good.
 
I sat down and she looked right into my eyes.
 
"Sweetie."
 
"Y-Yes?"
 
"Are you okay with your tutor?"
 
I shrugged,"Yeah,I guess."
 
"Do you like him?"
 
I scoffed,"Umma,I don't even know his name."
 
Her eyes widened,"You don't know your tutor's name?"
 
"Is that important?"
 
Her eyes were clear,like she wanted me to know something.
 
"So,wait,the iPod that day,it was his?"
 
I nodded,"I told you I would return it to him right?"
 
She shook her head,"No wait,how long have you known him?"
 
"Since the beginning of this year I think,what's wrong with you?"
 
She held my hands firmly,"Minhye,you,oh my goodness after all those meetings and you still don't know his name?"
 
I shook my head.
 
She closed her eyes,then opened them again immediately,"Lecture hall,when he came to give all of you a lecture,he introduced himself didn't he?"
 
I wriggled in her grasp,"Umma,I had stuff plugged in my ears."
 
She sighed and let me go.
 
"Is there something I should know?"
 
She looked at me and sighed,"You probably already forgot,it was years ago."
 
I raised an eyebrow,"I'm not really old now you know?"
 
She looked away,"He must have forgotten as well."
 
I took a deep breath and stood up,"Mum,you're scaring me,I'm going to sleep,good night."
 
I went upstairs and took a bath.The water always made me forget everything for a moment.
 
I got dressed and tried to sleep.
 
Its funny though,even after a long day,I couldn't sleep.
 
I kept thinking,but this time,not of Youngjae.
 
I kept thinking of Blondie.Which made me frightened,I didn't want to forget Youngjae,but Blondie's images keep coming out instead of Youngjae.
 
I grumbled and plugged my ear phones in,only after an hour did I fall asleep.

 

======================================================================================================================================

A/N:Well seems like her mother knows something... Either ways,thanks to subscribers and please comment!