KNOWING

Just A Taxi

I sat on the bus,working on this equation that Blondie made me solve.
 
I reached home,"1."I raised an eyebrow,"1 what?"
 
I trudged upstairs and my phone rang."Yeoboseyo?"
 
"Answer?"
 
"1."
 
"Meaning?"
 
"Mollayo."
 
"That's not the meaning."
 
"Yah,what's 1 for?"
 
Blondie chuckled,"1 hour,see you later."
 
He hung up.I stared at my phone,"Later?Again?"
 
I checked my clock,it was seven.An hour would mean at eight.
 
"Minhye,come and sit down."
 
I threw my bag down and went to my mother who was waiting at the dining table.
 
Ajusshi served our food and we ate silently.I kept glancing at my mother,she looked distracted.
 
"Umma."
 
She stared at her food blankly.
 
"Umma."
 
Still staring.
 
Ajusshi came in and I looked at him,shooting glances that something is bothering my mum.
 
He put his finger to his lips,telling me to be quiet for a while.
 
I shrugged,I've been quiet since I came home.Well other then talking to Blondie.
 
The house phone rang and ajusshi went to retrieve it.My mother didn't hear it at all.
 
"Its your father."
 
"Oh?"
 
I took the phone,"Appa."
 
"Hello sweetie,how's school?"
 
"Fine,got another tutor though."
 
"That's good."
 
I rolled my eyes,"When are you coming back?"
 
"No idea,where's your mother?"
 
I looked at her,"Distracted."
 
"Can I talk to her?"
 
"Umma,appa wants to talk to you."
 
She snapped up and took the phone from me.They talked for a while,till I got bored with my food and went upstairs to bathe.
 
I got changed,it was almost eight.I went to my parents' bedroom to spin on the office chair.
 
My mother ordered one for me so I could spin in my own room,but it would only come in tomorrow.
 
My knee knocked the drawer and I grumbled,dusting my jeans.
 
I stared at the drawer and opened it,I never went through my parents' things,but it wouldn't hurt would it?
 
I flipped through the papers,LTE high,TS high,LTE high,TS high.
 
What's LTE high's information doing in here?
 
My phone vibrated and I checked the paper I was holding,"Principal,Mr Yoo."
 
I sighed and closed the drawer,"How many Yoo's are there in the whole of Korea?"
 
I checked my phone.
 
-Public library.-
 
I went back to my room and grabbed my wallet,stuffing it in my bag along with my phone.
 
"Umma,ajusshi,I'm going out for a moment."
 
"Be careful."
 
"Nae ajusshi."
 
My mother went upstairs without saying a word.I sighed and took a bus down to the library.
 
I went in and grabbed a book,maths again.I sat down and read through all the different formulas.
 
I grabbed a pen and sat there solving the questions they had.
 
At exactly eight,I felt someone sit next to me.
 
I took a glance,Blondie.
 
"You're early."
 
"What are we doing here?"I eyed him.
 
He looked at my book,"Let me see that."
 
He took the book and my workings,evaluating it.
 
I put my hand out.He watched me and took his iPod out.
 
I played with those brain training exercises till my head ached,why can't I beat his high score?
 
I grumbled and passed it back to him,"Yah,how smart are you exactly?"
 
He chuckled and handed the book back to me,"Well you're quite clever yourself."
 
I checked my work,all correct.
 
"Yah,why'd you call me out here?"
 
"I'm your tutor."
 
"So?"
 
He shrugged,"Extra lessons?"
 
I scoffed and stood up,"Well thanks,even though I absolutely don't need the extra lessons."
 
He laughed quietly and took my hand,"Lets go."
 
I stared at him but followed.It felt familiar,the way he held my hand.
 
The air was cold,but it didn't really bother me.I was wearing jeans and long sleeves.
 
Blondie too.He held on to my hand and I didn't grumble or anything,it was nice.
 
He squeezed my hand,"I'm not used to it."
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"Seeing you covered and everything."
 
"Byuntae."
 
He laughed,"I don't want my girlfriend to reveal herself too much."
 
I nodded,"Figures."
 
We walked in silence.
 
"I need to tell you something."
 
I looked at him,"Yeah?"
 
He smiled weakly,"Your mother is TS high's principal right?"
 
I nodded slowly,"So?"
 
He shrugged,"Just thought it would be fair to tell you that my dad's the principal of LTE high."
 
I wasn't expecting that,"Okay,is that why you called me out?"
 
He nodded,"At least I'm not the only one knowing things."
 
"About that,I still don't know your name you know?"
 
He cocked an eyebrow,"You obviously weren't paying attention during the lecture."
 
I shrugged,"Sorry bout that."
 
He smiled,"Youngjae,Yoo Youngjae."
 
My eyes widened,"B-Bwoh?"
 
"Is something wrong with my name?"
 
I froze,"Chakaman,Y-Yoo Youngjae?"
 
He nodded,"Yah,what's yours?"
 
I faced him and looked him up and down.
 
No way,no way in a million years would I have been with him and not know it.
 
I felt tears coming to my eyes.
 
My mother's reaction,the reason why she wanted Youngjae to have lectures and be my tutor,LTE's principal was Mr Yoo,my father not wanting me to transfer,because he had a disagreement with Youngjae's father before.
 
Everything just clicked.
 
I stared at him,eyes wide and desperate,but I didn't know how to start.
 
"Yah,you're turning pale,you okay?"
 
My lips trembled,"Oppa,its me,Minhye,Choi Minhye."

 

======================================================================================================================================

A/N:Ooh the big reveal..Keke,goodnight guys! I have school tomorrow! Thanks to my subscribers and please comment!