APPA

Just A Taxi

I went downstairs and saw my dad in the doorway.
 
It must have been cold in whatever country he came back from,he was still wearing his coat.
 
"Hey,my baby."
 
He hugged me and I couldn't help giggling,he felt so big,"Appa,welcome back."
 
He pulled away and looked me up and down,"You don't look too good,but its nice seeing you out of bed."
 
I raised an eyebrow,"Wow thanks dad,for assuming sick people should always stay in bed."
 
He laughed,"Aniya,I thought you were so sick you couldn't stand or something."
 
I nodded and Youngjae came in.
 
My dad stared at him,"And this is?"
 
"Appa,its Youngjae,Yoo Youngjae,remember?"
 
Youngjae shook hands with him while my dad slowly registered his name.
 
"Yoo,"his eyes widened,"Your father."
 
I nodded,"Appa,don't take this out on Youngjae,I don't care what happened between you and his dad,but he's my friend,since young you know that."
 
My father stared blankly and shook his head,"I'm going to see your mum,and clear this,"he waved at us,"Or whatever is going on here."
 
I folded my arms and watched my dad leave.
 
Youngjae sighed,I knew what that meant.It wasn't going to be easy.
 
He looked at his watch,"I need to go back to school,my dad's probably wondering where I've been."
 
"Can I go with you?"
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"I don't wanna get stuck here."
 
He smiled and pushed me upstairs,"I really shouldn't do this,but change first."
 
I giggled and went upstairs to change.
 
We left the house,Youngjae holding my hand,walking to his school.
 
We reached his school and Youngjae stopped suddenly.
 
"Oppa,kwenchana?"
 
He squinted a little,"That,that's my mum's car."
 
We moved closer to take a look,with Youngjae confirming it.
 
"That means my mum's back from those school exchange meetings."
 
We entered the school and went to Youngjae's father's office.
 
We heard some shouting inside and I froze,my dad's voice.
 
"What do you think you're doing huh?!Letting my daughter meet your son?!Whatever that is happening should never involve my daughter!"
 
"I don't know what in the world you're saying but my son has done nothing wrong and he never hurt your daughter!"
 
We heard people coming down the hallway and we quickly hid behind some lockers.
 
Youngjae pulled me close to him,making sure nobody could see us.
 
My heart was beating abnormally again,now even Youngjae could feel it.But my hands were on his chest,and his heart wasn't very normal either.
 
He chuckled quietly,embarrassed,and I hit him lightly,putting my finger to his lips.
 
"My daughter is sick today,but your son is doing a lecture at my school in a while."
 
"Well,I don't see why our husbands are still angry at one another."
 
"I know right,friends one moment and then they become enemies for a few years."
 
"What was the problem anyway?"
 
"Some boys disturbed my daughter because her skirt got torn or something and Youngjae took his jacket and tied it around her waist."
 
"Oh right,while kneeling in front of her right?"
 
"Did he actually think a twelve year old boy was a ert or something?"
 
"Well fathers are always protective of their daughters."
 
"That's true."
 
"Oh wait they're fighting again."
 
Our mothers entered the office and Youngjae and I started laughing.
 
I laughed into his chest and he hugged me tight.
 
We were tearing up.I couldn't believe my father was so sensitive,no wonder he was trying to get Youngjae to stay away from me.
 
We came out from our hiding place and he quickly went through his locker.
 
"I forgot about the lecture,I need to rush down."
 
I smiled and closed his locker for him,"Pali,go educate some kids today."
 
He chuckled and kissed my forehead before running to my school.
 
I took a slow walk back home and thought about Youngjae.
 
I don't really want to know what happened between my parents and Youngjae's,because that's just silly.
 
But,why is my heart acting weird recently?
 
I opened the door and ajusshi came over,"Nice to see you home Miss."
 
I nodded and rubbed my still warm forehead,"Ajusshi,what exactly happened when I was twelve?"
 
He smiled and sat me down on the sofa.
 
"Well,since you've already met Youngjae,I shall tell you."
 
I waited.
 
"It was a convention your parents organised.All the big time principals came for it,it was a normal educational thing.
 
You were wandering around in your little dress,even though you weren't supposed to,but you were twelve,the curious ages."
 
I blinked at him.
 
"One thing we didn't know was that someone was there to hurt you."
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"Your father offended a teacher's child without realising it,and so happened the teacher and her child was also there."
 
"What were we kids doing there?"
 
"It was bring your child to work day and the convention was right after that."
 
"Oh."
 
"So there were kids running about,your only friend was Youngjae and he was tasked by your father to look after you."
 
"You kidding?"
 
"No,Youngjae was rather matured for his age."
 
"He's twelve,those curious ages."
 
"But still,as your friend,your dad wanted him to stay with you."
 
I nodded,understandable.
 
"But his father called him over for a short while and that teacher's child,which was a boy,brought over his little group of friends and bullied you."
 
I raised an eyebrow.
 
"I'm serious,they were slightly older than you,but you're a girl,alone,bullies target those."
 
"Wow."
 
He chuckled,"So they pushed you around and you fell,tore your dress and cried.Youngjae heard you and got there before anyone else could."
 
I smiled slightly.
 
"He got those boys out of the way,took his jacket off and tied it around your waist,just when your father got there."
 
"Oh."
 
"Those bullies were gone by then,even though your father knew those kids did it,your father still held Youngjae and his father at fault."
 
I scoffed,"Wow,the circle of life."
 
Ajusshi laughed and got me upstairs,"Okay enough stories for the patient,time for you to rest."
 
I giggled and went back to my room.

 

=======================================================================================================================================

A/N:Okay! That's today's update! Thanks to my subscribers and please comment! ^^