Secrets

EXO and the 12 Maidens: Genesis [HIATUS]

 

 
Read the author's note at the bottom. Thx!
______________________________
 
It had been a week since the unfortunate incident, but the gloom surrounding Shade Troupe headquarters did not fade. One thing did change though: EXO's outlook on the world.
 
Or more correctly, their world. 
 
Baise had said those women were being held captive in the warehouse to be sold as slaves. This automatically implied that the noblemen were partaking in this act of human trafficking. It disgusted all of them that someone like them– male, wealthy, high- class, and powerful could stoop so low.
 
But even if such a thing was "frowned upon by society," that didn't mean it was going to happen any less. The selling of female slaves, whether for pleasure or labor, was a frequent thing....it was just kept in the dark and out of the public eye.
 
Which raises the question: What is wrong?
 
If something like slavery and human trafficking is not considered right, but not wrong either, than where is the line that dictates right from wrong? 
 
Is there even a line? What if it was just a blurry outline; a discolored, hazy smudge? 
 
The boys were spending a lot of their time doing some heavy thinking. Was this mission supposed to tell them something about the world they were living in?
 
+++
 
"You all know this is nothing new. We have lost many before....and as painfully each death is for all of us, we must look up. We must lift our heads and look forward."
 
Baise's words echoed in the room, which amplified the impact in her words. It was evident that the recent mission had taken an emotional toll on everybody. But as a leader, she must be there to bring everyone out of that state of sadness. 
 
"Those women died for a purpose. They died for OUR purpose. Never forget why you joined this troupe. We all are here to bring justice upon this world, to strive to bring freedom for all women across Therlym. I know it's hard. Deaths are hard. But you have to make sure that their deaths are not in vain. You have to make sure that their death MEANT SOMETHING."
 
Baise paused for her message to sink in before she spoke again.
 
"You are dismissed."
 
All the girls slowly stood up from their seats and exited. They all knew that Baise was right. They needed to get their crap together for the sake of the future.  
 
Xena was walking down the stairs when she saw Suho turn a sharp corner, his face scrunched up in worry and panic. Interesting. She would have to check this out. 
 
+++
 
"All of you come here for a second," Suho ordered. The look in his face meant business.
 
The other eleven gathered around him, waiting to hear what the leader had to say. 
 
Little did they know, Xena was hiding right around the corner. Unfortunately she was too far away to hear what they were hearing. If only she had enhanced hearing like the twins! 
 
Deciding to use her ability– magnetism– she set her eyes onto Tao, who was the closest to her. Waving her fingers in a slow movement, she coaxed the Syncsys (which had been nestled into Tao's back pocket) out and into her hands. She the recorder and whipped out her own Syncsys. 
 
Xena pressed a few buttons and soon her Syncsys was linked to his. She then used her ability to guide the piece of metal back into Tao's back pocket, but not before she hit the recorder button. 
 
She was now able to record the conversation and save it into her own Syncsys. 
 
Time to do some spying, she thought. 
 
_________________________
 
Alright! Another super short chapter (sorry!) but u decided I had a little time so why not?  And besides....I updated yesterday so I guess it kinda works.
 
To clear up some thing: 
 
 
THIS IS A PREQUEL.
 
This means that this fic is just to set up the situation for the main story (which will come in parts). Hence the title "Genesis" which means "beginning"
 
This also means one depressing thing: The prequel is about to come to an end. 
 
I treated this prequel just like a main story, so I'm kind of sad to see that it's about to end. Now some of you may be thinking, "There are so many things that are still unanswered!" Or "It's so short!"
 
I know....the fic is pretty short. But again. It's a prequel, so I think ending it around the 20s would make sense. 
 
And yes there are many unanswered questions. But that is just so I can keep you guys guessing and so I can answer them in the main story (or stories) Your questions shall be answered!!!
 
Feel free to ask a question or just leave a nice statement down in the comments box. 
 
SEE YOU AT THE NEXT CHAPTER ;)
 
Thanks! - SeriouslyOMG