Mission: Team 1

EXO and the 12 Maidens: Genesis [HIATUS]

Team 1 was a very eccentric bunch. You had Opal, a trained assassin and master of deception, paired with Sehun, poker-faced and short tempered. You had Falni, who was a spark of fire packed into a petite figure, with Xiumin, the oldest EXO member and the most loyal to the King. You had Aiven, one of the hyper twins, and Chanyeol, who was very.....energetic, to put it nicely. 

 
And then you had the leaders of the group, Celestia and Luhan. They were at the front of the group, leading with quiet steps towards their destination– the warehouse where abducted women were being held captive. Celestia, raised in a temple amongst priests (one of the few places that men and women still lived together in peace), was very careful and clear headed. Years of building up mental strength through meditation definitely helped. She didn't trust anyone that easily, and kept to herself most of the time.
 
Luhan, like the rest of his EXO members, was raised in a female-less household. He remembered his father's many slaves. None of them were female. When the Great Division had occurred, his father had openly declared his dislike of the gender race, but made no move to enslave or torture any. Luhan, therefore, didn't have as much pent-up hatred toward the female race as his EXO brothers did. However, that didn't mean he wasn't just as careful.
 
He didn't know how dangerous these women could be. Back home, stories of women were usually described in the negative– weak, worthless, lazy. But now that he was living amongst some of the most powerful women out there, he could plainly see that they were not weak, worthless, or lazy at all. There were....cunning and very, very powerful. More powerful than he, the heir of one of the most important noble families on Therlym, even.
 
Was this the real face of the female race?
 
Celestia eyed Luhan carefully, silently assessing him. If I do recall, he had the power of telekinesis, she thought, I wonder how powerful it is? 
 
She decided to test her theory. Using her power, she summoned up an invisible forcefield and pushed a barrage of fallen leaves toward him, and stopped to look at his reaction.
 
Luhan was looking down at the ground when he heard the crunching of leaves. Wha– WOAH!, he mentally swore, alarmed. Immediately activating his telekinesis, he pushed all of the leaves away from him and into a heap on the floor. Beads of sweat coated his forehead. It took a lot of concentration and energy to push every single individual leaf away from him. 
 
Looking out of the corner of her eye, he saw Celestia looking at him as if she was thinking about something very deeply. He almost jumped when she suddenly talked. 
 
"How do you do it?"
 
"Huh?" Luhan had no idea what she was talking about.
 
"Your power. I can see it took a lot out of you to dodge the leaves, but how exactly do you bring forth all that power?" 
 
Luhan frowned. So it was her. She was the one who flung the heap of leaves at him.
 
"So you used your power to barrage me with leaves huh? What's your power?"
 
Celestia ignored him. "I asked first."
 
"Well, I'm a man"
 
"And what does being a man have to do with whether or not you answer my question?"
 
"It has everything to do with it! I am a man, and you are a woman. That means I outrank you and you are obligated to answer my question."
 
Celestia smiled. "And?"
 
"I'm the son of the High Duke!!!! You must answer me!!!!" 
 
Luhan gasped. He didn't mean to suddenly reveal his identity to her! What was he doing, blatantly exposing himself to a complete stranger, and a Shade Troupe leader at that! 
 
"Oh? Well, two people can play at this game. Luhan sshi, you are talking to the daughter of the Seventh Priest of Order."
 
Luhan eyes bulged out. He searched her face for any signs that she may have been lying. He found none.
 
The Seventh Priest of Order?!?!?!?!?! That was one of the seven most influential priests on Therlym! he thought, recognizing the seriousness of the situation he faced. The King often sought out the Order's advice and they were exempt from any taxes or restraining laws binding them to the land. And because Celestia was one of the priest's daughter, that meant she outranked him. By A LOT.
 
"Wha- Why- How.....?"
 
Celestia laughed and Luhan was surprised at how carefree her laugh was. How was it that she wasn't freaking out? 
 
"Do you see now? Being man or woman makes barely a difference when your father is part of the Order. And before you ask, I was not abandoned by them. The Order is one of the few places left where both genders can live together in peace. I do have to say though, my father was not happy about me joining the Shade Troupe, but has yet to disown me."
 
Luhan was shocked. He never knew that there were still places where both genders could reside together! He had thought– and was told his entire life– that after the Great Division, there was no more hope for a peace between male and female. Living together in the same society was unheard of. So why was it that there was still a community that did just that? And a community that was so closely tied to the king as well! What was the meaning of this?!
 
Celestia seemed to sense his confusion. "Luhan, I will tell you all you want to know. However in return, there is one thing I ask of you."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Tell me more about you"
 
+++
 
"You're dumb."
 
"You're dumber!"
 
"You're even dumber!!"
 
"You're the dumbest!!!"
 
"Oh yeah? Well you're the DUMBEST-EST!!!!"
 
"WHAT?!?! There's no such thing as a dumbest-est!!!!!"
 
"Yeah too!"
 
"No there's not!"
 
"Uh huh!!!"
 
"Nuh uh!!!!"
 
"WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP?!?!?!?!"
 
"Hey, don't yell at me!!!"
 
"I HAVE TO!!!!"
 
"STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 
"....."
 
"....."
 
"....."
 
Xiumin sighed. I haven't yelled that loud since forever, he thought. 
 
Chanyeol tugged at his hyung's sleeve. "Sorry hyung....."
 
"You better be!" Xiumin scolded lightly. Just a few minutes ago, the four of them were walking peacefully behind Luhan, Celestia, Opal, and Sehun. Then Aiven decided to comment on Chanyeol's hyper state, and it turned into a childishly annoying debate on who was more dumb. Falni, his partner, had yelled at the two to shut up, but that had just made the two argue even louder. Finally, he couldn't take the noise anymore so he decided to put an end to the argument. 
 
Aiven decided this was a good time to apologize to her unnie as well. "Mianhe, unnie. Aiven didn't mean to."
 
Falni sighed and gave her a weary smile. "Whatever, just....try to control yourself okay?" Aiven immediately bobbed her head up and down. "Okay!"
 
As the two (Aiven and Chanyeol) skipped off in front, Falni and Xiumin let out another sigh simultaneously. 
 
"Those two are a handful, aren't they?" 
 
"Yeah, definitely."
 
It was as if Chanyeol and Aiven were the children and Falni and Xiumin were the parents, always having to keep an eye on their troublemakers. To lighten up the mood, Xiumin decided to crack a joke.
 
"So....you're pretty short aren't you? You're like, what, 4' 7"?
 
"EXCUSE ME?!?!?!"
 
Whoops! Wrong thing to say, he thought. "A-ah, I didn't mean–"
 
"I AM NOT SHORT! I'M PETITE! AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE TALKING! YOU'RE FAT!!!"
 
Oh no she didn't. She did NOT just insult mah baby fat. "I'M NOT FAT!!! I'M FUN-SIZED!!!!!! FUN-SIZED!!!!!"
 
Falni rolled her eyes. "Suuuuure."
 
Xiumin's eye twitched. This girl was not going to get away unscathed for insulting him. "SHORTY!!!!"
 
Falni gasped loudly. "YOU DIDN'T."
 
Xiumin narrowed his eyes. "I. JUST. DID. SHORTY!!!!!!!!"
 
Letting out a shriek, Falni bolted for Xiumin. The silly pair chased each other around, Chanyeol and Aiven watching on in amusement. "And they call us kids,"said Aiven. 
 
+++ 
 
"Don't touch me"
 
"Wasn't going to anyways"
 
Things weren't going very well with Sehun and Opal. But then again, nothing ever went well when those two were together. 
 
The pair didn't exactly get off on the right foot (They had a major fight that consisted of lots of cussing which ended with a trip to the dungeons a few chapters back), so Baise thought it'd be a good idea to pair the two together to help them "sort out their differences." Pft, yeah right.
 
At this time, Sehun had the brilliant idea to annoy the hell out of his partner/enemy. And Opal did not disappoint to give him an interesting conversation. 
 
"Isn't this stupid?" 
 
"This is stupid? No, you're stupid. Why the do I have to be partnered up with you of all people?"
 
"Language, Opal. You wouldn't want Baise to give you a spanking for using inappropriate language now, would you?"
 
" you"
 
"No thanks. You're not really my type"
 
"You know that's not what I meant"
 
"Oh? But I thought you wanted to me?"
 
"UGH! I DON'T WANT TO BED YOUR PATHETIC ALRIGHT?!"
 
"I see that you think about my ."
 
"...You only got that after all I said? God!"
 
"Oh so now you think I'm a god, huh? Finally, you recognized the y beast before you?"
 
"What? 'y Beast'? Ha! More like 'Fugly Man '!"
 
"Ouch that hurt...."
 
"Better have, or else I'd have stabbed you in the jugular with my Syncsys"
 
"Noted."
 
CRASH!!!!!!!!!!
 
An explosion sounded far off to the right. Sehun and Opal, as well as the rest of the group, stopped. 
 
At first there was nothing. Then a massive mushroom cloud could be seen. And in the direction of the warehouse they were heading towards. 
 
Opal cursed. "!"
 
Things were about to go down.
 
 
__________________________________
 
Hallo everyone! I'm back with another update! This was the last of the three mission intro chapters, and in the next there is going to be some action.
 
Also, I thought it'd be a good idea to read all of the previous chapters I've written to help with the flow of the story and future chapters to come.
 
One of the things I've noticed was that I stopped using ***FAST FORWARD*** and stuff like that and instead replaced it with this: +++
 
Saved me a lot of editing work ;)
 
On a side note, I got around to make some posters! Not story posters, but just the standard inspirational quote posters. Here are some examples:
 
 
 
 
 
 
I would also like you guys to know that I do make my own story posters (E&T12M, Pandora's Locket, Identity). So if you would like a story poster or just a simple one like the ones above, feel free to PM me the info. No promises that I'll even get to it or that it'll look good though.
 
-SeriouslyOMG