Deep Trouble Arises

EXO and the 12 Maidens: Genesis [HIATUS]

"..up....ake up.... WAKE UP!!!" 

Kai jolted up out of bed only to knock heads with Sehun.

"OW! Aish, chincha...", they both chorused, rubbing their aching foreheads and sending each other glares. Just then Tao poked his head into the room. "What's with the ruckus?! You know some of us are still trying to get some of our much needed beauty sleep!"

The two Korean maknaes turned their heads to glare at Tao.(A/N: Okay, I know that China and Korea don't exist on the planet of Therlym, but just bear with it okay? I just used it so it would be easier to distinguish the maknaes from each other) "Beauty sleep, my ..." Sehun muttered under his breath. "I heard that,  Oh Sehun" Tao said, sending Sehun yet another piercing glare. "Tao hyung, it's already eleven. I think you got enough of your beauty sleep" Kai interfered. 

No more words were exchanged, just more glares and curses spoken in their minds. All them were brought out of their little staring competition by Kris's thundering command. "GET YOUR ASSES OUT OF BED BEFORE I GO UP THERE AND SET ALL OF YOUR FACES ON FIRE!"

At that, the whole maknae line came scrambling down the stairs, fearful of Kris's wrath. Trust me; Kris doesn't get mad often, but when he does, it's certainly not pretty. Once the three of them reached the living room area, they saw all of EXO, excluding them, gathered in a circle. Instantly, they knew something was wrong. The only time their hyungs would all gather together was to discuss matters of great importance such as when invaders of a neighboring planet came to try and seize Therlym, their beloved planet and home. Since then, there were no major incidents where they, EXO Elite Task Force, had to go out and take order.

But today was different. Lay spoke up first. "Who the hell do they think we are? Some minor force that they think they can wipe out by themselves?!". "Calm down, Lay. I get where you are coming from, but we need to rationalize and start planning how to solve this....it's not something we've encountered before. Think carefully," said Suho. "Hmm....what do you suppose we do, then?" Chanyeol asked.

At this point, all three maknaes were utterly confused. What exactly were their hyungs talking about? Who thought they were a minor force? What was this thing that they had not dealt with before? I mean, they thought they had experienced pretty much everything there was out there in the world! Their heads and eyes darted back and forth between Suho, Lay, and Chanyeol as they spoke. It was like watching a ping-pong match!

"Ah, hyung.....if it isn't too much to ask, what the hell are you talking about?" Kai asked carefully. Sehun was quick to agree; "Yeah, who are you talking about, exactly?"

Everyone turned their heads to look at the three maknaes. Xiumin then spoke; "You don't know? I thought everyone would've known by now!!!" The trio looked at each other and then looked back at Xiumin, shaking their heads. "Aish, and I thought kids these days would know everything about what goes on in town and such..."

Just then, D.O. cut in; "Ay, what would they know! They've been cooped up in their rooms playing those silly and worthless video games. You know what you should do, Tao, Sehun,Kai ? You know what game that's fun and useful but could also come in handy? Chess. Rubix cubes. Heck, even sudoku would work! All you guys do is go pew pew pew all day!"

Immediately, Tao spoke up. "Well those games help train us for strategical thinking! And, I did in fact hear the rumor that was going around town. I'm not ignorant like these two dimwits" Tao announced, pointing to the two other maknaes and defending himself, "Someshopkeeper told me there was a little strike at Palmear City...and that's all he told me"

"You know Tao, this 'little strike' you heard about is way more serious than that shopkeeper made it seem",Baekhyun stated. Sehun looked up and tilted his head."Then what's the big deal?"

A long silence hung in the air. It was as if no one wanted to answer that question. After a few moments, Kris's authoritative side kicked in and he cleared his throat. "Well, you see Tao,Sehun, and Kai, this strike that Tao was told of ....it's actually a planet wide protest by all the women in Therlym. It is said to be led by an unknown number of leaders who bear grudges against the high ranking class and it is believed that the leaders are at least, if not more, than six in number and are all female."

"WHAT?! That means that their leaders are about half the size of EXO....maybe even more!!! Wah, that's gonna be a real problem" Kai exclaimed. Meanwhile, Sehun still tilted his head only this time, his eyebrows scrunched together and he was sporting a frown. "I still don't see the danger here, I mean we have supernatural powers. Why not just get rid of them?"

Chen got up and leaned toward Sehun. "You moron, use your head! If we kill off all the women, how in the world do you think the men are going to reproduce and make heirs?!" That stunned everyone to silence. To be truthful, no one even considered that thought since women in Therlymian society were ALWAYS inferior to the men. They were nothing more than vessels that were used to give birth to babies and were often also used as slaves. The high class consisted entirely of men and the lowest class, the women. 

Everyone seemed to be having the same thoughts at this point. What were they going to do? They knew that the current king of Therlym, King Priam, was going to order them to disband and tear apart the protest sooner or later, but how would they do it without sealing the doom of their race? They had to think of something, and fast too.

We're in some deep trouble, man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! First chap is up! 

I was in a VERY bad mood because I accidentally deleted the whole bottom portion of the chapter and had to retype it. Anyway, I apologize for the little, scrawny, and short update....hope to write longer chapters soon.

Till then, Signing off!

- SeriouslyOMG ( aka SP♠DE )