Reasons

EXO and the 12 Maidens: Genesis [HIATUS]

 

Lots of crude language is used in this chapter (courtesy of Opal) please don't read if you're not comfortable! Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that all the EXO members were present, Baise could now begin.
 
"There are still some things I can't tell you, I hope you're aware"
 
Kris nodded his head in agreement and spoke as EXO's representative. "Of course...that's understandable."
 
"Then I'll start from what I can tell you. We had you take the ESMAD exam in order to see if you were qualified in all necessary areas to be a Shade Troupe member. We had an issue with your second to third portion of the exam, so it got postponed. We've never had to postpone an exam before, so we had an emergency meeting. It was decided that you become members and that's that."
 
Kris opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it. 'That's that'? I guess it wasn't that big of a deal huh?
 
Suho spoke up. "Was the decision made by vote or one united choice?"
 
Baise shifted her gaze from Kris to Suho. "Neither. I was not present at the meeting because I had to take care of the issue I mentioned earlier. Therefore there was no vote or united choice because all leaders were not there to decide."
 
Sehun frowned. "So you decided to just go ahead and decide our fate with only 11 leaders?! How reckless. It seems you aren't treating us as seriously as you should be." Some of the members hummed in agreement, while others just kept quiet.
 
Opal came to Baise's defense. "It seems you can't keep your mouth shut, huh? Read the situation, dip! You are in no position to be demanding any seriousness from us or telling us what the we should be doing. Let me repeat what I said earlier outside. Your fame and fortune won't do for you here, and we don't give a about your status or the fact that you have powers. And 'decide our fate'? Be glad your 'fate' is that your is still alive right now and your beheaded body isn't nailed to the door on display!"
 
Sehun reached his boiling point. He wasn't going to let this smart talker of a criticize him or his hyungs. His poker face was long discarded, replaced by blinding red rage. "What the did you just say?!" he yelled, furious.
 
Opal was about to start striking blows when Celestia put a forcefield barrier between her and Sehun. Lumia restrained Opal while D.O. restrained Sehun.
 
Baise started talking again in a calm voice. "Celestia, if you would please use your forcefield barriers to Opal and Sehun here down to the dungeons. They can do a bit of...reflecting down there. D.O., you may let him go now. Lumia, you too."
 
As soon as Celestia left with Opal and Sehun, Baise got up from her seat and bowed 90 degrees. "I am deeply sorry for my acquaintance's unbecoming behavior."
 
EXO was shocked. Was the Commander of the Shade Troupe really bowing to them in apology? Panicking, EXO– minus Sehun– got up and bowed too. "W-We are also sorry for our maknae's behavior and use of profanity."
 
Baise smiled. "I am glad that I am forgiven. Is there anything else you would like to know?"
 
Kris shook his head. "No, that's pretty much it. Thanks"
 
Baise grinned, showing of her pearl white teeth. "No problem"
 
 
+++
 
 
Celestia threw the two troublemakers into one single prison cell. Almost immediately, the two scooted to the farthest corners from each other and glared at one another. Celestia could see them giving off waves of hate and face palmed. 
 
"You know, this is a pretty good time for you guys to try to become friends."
 
Sehun and Opal gave her an incredulous look. "Friends?!" They looked at each other in reproach. "With that guy/girl?!?!"
 
Celestia threw her arms up into the air and started to walk away. "You know what, forget it. Just....stay there and be good."
 
Once Celestia was out of earshot, Opal mocked her in a high pitched, whiny voice. " 'Just stay there and be good'...what am I, a dog?!"
 
Sehun said nothing, but silently agreed in his mind. Celestia could easily pass off as a nagging mother, he thought, I feel sorry for her future children
 
Minutes went by and all that was heard was the sound of Sehun shuffling his feet and Opal cursing under her breath. Once in a while they would look up and glare at each other. Then they'd go back to whatever they were doing. After a while, it got so boring that the two grew too lazy to even glare at each other.
 
Sehun wanted to do something to break the silence. He didnt know why, but he felt he had to. It was hard to explain.
 
"What's your last name?"
 
Opal looked up and gave him a look. "Why the hell do you want to know?"
 
"Look. Celestia said we should use the time to become friends. I'm not saying we should be friends but I think we should at least know each other better. At least."
 
Opal rolled her eyes. "Whatever. So what's your favorite color?"
 
Sehun gave her a look. "You didn't answer my question. What's your last name?"
 
"Don't have one."
 
Sehun raised his eyebrows in confusion. Before he could ask, Opal continued.
 
"I ran away from home because of family problems. Don't ask." 
 
That shut him up. The next few minutes or so were tantalizingly quiet. Sehun was itching to find out what exactly were Opal's family problems, not for the purpose of teasing her about it but to possibly give her some helpful advice. 
 
There was a time when Sehun had family problems too and he thought that maybe he could help Opal even if it was a little bit. However, he just couldn't revive the conversation. I mean, what can you say to someone who's slightly introverted and regards you as an enemy? Opal had immediately shut down his attempt to get to know her, and it looked like she wasn't going to put up with any more questions. 
 
"Red"
 
Opal turned her head toward Sehun. "What about 'red'?"
 
"You asked me what my favorite color was, so I said red."
 
"Can I ask why?"
 
"You'll have to try and find out"
 
Sehun wore a mischievous smirk as he said that statement, silently challenging Opal. 
 
Oh, it's on, Opal mentally declared.
 
The two seemed slightly less awkward now, though not close enough to stop clawing at each other's throats. 
 
And maybe...just maybe...this was a beginning to something...
 
___________________________________________
 
Yay! Okay....let me just say that I fangirls a lot while writing this chapter!
 
Maybe Sehun and Opal are gonna get it on....*hint hint*
 
This might be the last update before I leave to go to Chicago...actually, this IS the last one.
 
But do not fear! When I get back I will update a ton! So don't forget to comment or subscribe and keep an eye out for updates when I get back!