Henry

By Tomorrow

{Before daybreak….}

Henry needed to get new strings for his violin. He held snapped violin string and sighed as he looked at his bedside table. He was wide awake at 4 AM and he had decided to play the violin for a little while. His string had snapped when he was about to play a melody that he had not played in years.

 

He sighed and picked up a photo from the bedside table. He sighed. She was not able to come to his first show with Super Junior M because she was sick at the time and she died shortly after. Cancer took her from him.

She promised that she would come and watch him perform when he got famous.

He was famous now. Where was she?

Not on Earth.

 

He stared at the photograph. It had been the last day of high school and she had her camera with her to take photos. When school let out, she had jumped on his back and snuck a kiss on his cheek as she snapped the photo of them. “{Name}…why did it have to be you to die?” he muttered to himself.

 

He missed her terribly.

He got dressed and walked out of the dorm, at 9 AM. He had been in his room for five hours, wide awake and pondering what would have happened if he had never left.

 

He had his violin with him, hoping to replace his string and then go to the graveyard. As he thought about it more, Henry realized that it was the anniversary of her death. He bought his string and replaced it right in the store, before trying out the new string and smiling a bit in satisfaction.

 

He walked the street to the graveyard, noticing that there were many flower shops open. He walked over to one and asked for a bouquet of white calla lilies. {Name} loved calla lilies.

“Is this for a girlfriend?” the woman asked him.

Henry shook his head. “Indirectly.” He said.

He paid for the flowers and headed to graveyard.

 

He found her gravestone with ease, having been here every month. He set the flowers down and sighed. “It’s been a year since you left, {Name}. I don’t know how I managed to pull through all the hurdles as part of a famous boy band over the past year without my best friend by my side.” He said his voice soft. Tears caressed his pale face and he wiped them a bit, before straightening up and putting his violin on his shoulder.

 

He was going to play the song she loved to listen to him play. Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.

As he played the melody, it began to rain, his tears mixing with the rain drops.

He stopped and lifted his head. He was getting soaked, but he was happy.

 

“And you never knew this, {Name}….but I’ve always loved you.” He said, looking to the gravestone with the white calla lilies.

 

As he walked away, there was a slight shimmer and a ghostly figure of a {hair color} girl stood there, watching him walk away.

“I’m sorry, Henry. I love you.” She said to the wind, because he was too far to hear her speak.

 

{….Two persons’ smiling faces become a yellowed photograph….}