The past

Because of you, I change...

“Hey Yul… Are you at home?”Yoona asked as she opened the door to Yuri’s apartment.(she has the keys)

It was already 8 and their class starts at 9. She saw Yuri still lying on her bed.

“Yah!!! Wake up. We need to go to class. Did you go to the club again?”Yoona asked.

Yuri opened her eyes slowly and saw Yoona and smiled at her.

“You know it’s my usual thing to do if it’s on my mind.”Yuri said.

“But the thing is always on your mind these days. You need help.”Yoona said.

“More like, I need to dance to forget the past.”Yuri said as she got up with her messy hair.

Yoona was worried of her. For the past few days, she has been going to clubs nonstop just to dance and she knew why. She wants Yuri to forget the past but it’s always in her head. She looks at Yuri as she enters her bathroom.

 

After a long 30 minutes, Yuri finally finished getting dress. Yoona always pick Yuri up at her apartment and they go to I-Seoul together. Even if Yuri tells her to stop picking her up, she would still go to her house. Yoona love her like a sister and it hurts her to see that Yuri is suffering from her childhood memory. When Yuri first told Yoona her story, Yoona can’t believe that she has been going through so much and she hope Yuri does her best since she’s on a scholarship.

 

Both of them went to I-Seoul University on time and went their separate ways. Yuri is taking the music course while Yoona is taking the film and acting course. Yuri is one of the top students in the course she’s taking but she doesn’t really have friends because she’s the quiet girl in class. She became friends with Yoona because Yoona kept following her and talks to her every break until Yuri feels comfortable around her and became best friends. She was walking alone to another class. The hall was empty and she quickly ran to her class. As she was running, she bumped into a guy which caused her glasses to fall on the floor.

“Hey… Watch where you’re going.”He shouted.

“You watch where you’re going.”Yuri said as she got up and looks at him.

It was one of the popular guys, Top. Top was looking at Yuri and has never seen a beautiful girl like her in the University before. As he was about to say something, she quickly took her glasses and left in a hurry.

“Hey!!!”He shouted but she didn’t stop running.

 

Yuri quickly goes into her room and sat at her usual sit. The time went by so fast and it was time to go home. She looks for Yoona at the entrance but she was nowhere to be seen. She waited for a while but no sign of Yoona. She checks her phone but there was no message.  She decided to just walk since she has got a dance class to teach. As she was walking, she saw the popular guy with a girl walking to a café. “Another day, another girl.”Yuri said as she watches him enter with the girl.

“I’m pretty sure that’s his motto.”Yuri said while chuckling.

 

Top was with his sister, Minhee, going for some snacks after class since she wanted to spend time with her cute little brother. As he enters, he sat at his usual table facing the window. He was ordering something when he saw the girl that he met at the Art building.

“Can you wait a minute?”Top asked.

“Why? I’m not going to let you go somewhere else. You’ll ditch me.”She said.

“I promise I won’t.”He said.

“Not letting you go little brother.”She said as she held onto Top’s hand strongly.

“Aishhh… You just made me miss a chance with a girl.”He said.

“When will you stop playing with all the girls?”Minhee asked.

“When I find the right girl… I haven’t found one that I really care about.”He said as he smirks.

“You’re hurting girl’s feelings… If I weren’t your sister, I would hate you.”She said.

“Whatev… They love me.”He said as they ordered their foods.

“They’re just blind.”She said.

 

Yuri changed to her dance class outfit and went to the studio to teach the teenage girls. She has been working there for 3 years and they’re like a family there which is why Yuri likes to stay there for such a long time. Most of the dance teachers there come from a broken family or like her. They don’t judge which is why Yuri likes them and they share the same interest.

“Hey class…”Yuri said cheerfully to them.

Her class really likes her because she doesn’t get angry at them for getting the wrong moves. She laughs it off and teaches them again and again even if she’s tired.

“What song should we dance to as a warm up?”Yuri asked.

“Britney spears.”One of her students said.

“Okay then. I’ve taught you right. Let’s see if you guys remember.”She said as she turns on the music.

After dancing with her class, she felt great.

“You guys are amazing.”She said as she group hug them.

She started teaching them other dances. After 2 hours, all of her students went back home. She went to the front desk and signed her name.

“Kwon Yuri.”Mrs.Lee said.

Mrs.Lee is the owner of the dance studio. She is a dancer herself. She has got a son who’s studying in the US but Yuri has never seen him.

“Your classes are so popular. There have been great demands for you as their dance teacher.”Mrs.Lee said.

“As much as I want to have another class, I have to focus on my studies as well.”Yuri said as she felt so apologetic.

“I understand. As long as you’re still teaching here, I’m fine with it. My son is coming back, so he might be able to teach as well.”Mrs.Lee said.

“Your son is coming back??? I’m sure he’s such a great dancer just like his mom.”Yuri said.

“Yuriah… You like to compliment people don’t you?”Mrs.Lee said as she smiles.

Yuri smiled at her and bid goodbye. Mrs.Lee remembers the first time she met Yuri. She was a mess and looks so lost but when she dances; Mrs.Lee was so amazed by her dancing skills. That’s why she decided to hire Yuri. As time pass by, Yuri becomes more approachable and her classes are great. She felt like Yuri is one of her daughters. She was always smiling and happy but she can see through Yuri. Deep inside, she’s still lost and confused. Mrs.Lee knows about Yuri’s past and she felt really bad. She offered Yuri to stay with her but Yuri declined.

After teaching, Yuri went straight to her apartment and ate some dinner. She was watching tv when the bell rang. She opened the door to find Yoona standing.

“I’m sorry Yul.”She said.

“It’s okay.”Yuri said as she let Yoona in.

“Where were you?”Yuri asked.

“I had to stay back for an audition.”Yoona said.

Both of them ate dinner together. Even though Yoona can eat great food at her house, she likes to eat dinner with Yuri. Yuri was fine today and did not go to the club to dance. She slept as soon as Yoona left.