Chocolate-dipped Strawberries

The Psychologist

[This chapter is dedicated to love_lust, as my apology. Enjoy!]

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6XLNsJ9YrA

Sistar- Give it to Me


 

Somehow, fate decided to play with Miyoung and Taemin that they ended up booking the same hotel, on the same floor, in the same room with his room just beside hers. And Miyoung was relieved by that fact.

"Miyoung stop walking" Jiho's voice filled Miyoung's ears. "You've been walking around in a circle since 30 minutes ago!"

"They didn't let me see him and I feel responsible as his psychologist" Miyoung sighed, walking to the male and sat beside him. "They said that Naeun must be the one beside him when he's awake, that's the WGM emergency script"

"Why do you care so much for him, anyway?" Jiho asked, circling his arms around her shoulders without Miyoung's knowing because she was too occupied with her own thoughts.

"I told you I feel responsible as his psychologist" she twisted her lips. Jiho leaned his head against her shoulder. "I promised his manager to take care of him, and what would Key-ssi say if I-- Jiho, you're not even listening to me!" Miyoung yelled.

"Don't be mad, ahahaha" the boy laughed, pulling his hands back. "You're my fiancee anyway, why couldn't I touch you?" he his upper lip, to Miyoung's annoyance.

"Stop it, Jiho. You're disgusting" she squinted at him. "I'm going outside" Miyoung stood up and exited the room. She looked to Taemin's room. A 'DON'T DISTURB' sign was hung on the closed door's handle. She huffed and stood beside the door, waiting.

She has changed her clothes into a beige colored blouse and a pair of baggy pants, but she still wore Jooyoung's bikinis underneath. Miyoung's gaze locked itself to the gold-colored carpet on the floor. Her mind traveled to Jooyoung. *Right, she asked me to take a picture of myself in these bikinis* she huffed.

Suddenly, the door opened. Her head instantly turned to the sound's direction. Naeun stepped out from the room without cameras trailing behind her. Miyoung looked at her as the memory of her highschool days flooded back into her mind.

"Oh, you" Naeun noticed her presence. "What are you doing here?"

Honestly, Miyoung found her question a little offending, but she just let it go. "Don't you remember me?" she asked.

Naeun sharply exhaled, to her surprise. "You're a fan, right? Whose fan? Taemin oppa's or mine?"

"What do you mean--"

"Oh come on,  you asked me whether I remember you or not, when I just met you today! Won't a fan do that?" she shook her head, grinning in a mocking way. "Where's your paper? You want my signature, right?"

Miyoung squinted at her, shocked. "What? Why would I want your signature?"

"Because you're my fan?" Naeun replied in a 'duh' tone.

"I'm not one of your ing fans" Miyoung hated it when people overestimated themselves in front of her. And she didn't care who those people were, like how she didn't care about who was Naeun. "I came here to see Taemin, you stupid "

Naeun was taken aback by Miyoung's cussing words, proven by her widened eyes. fell agape when she saw Miyoung's stabbing glare towards her. But then, she glared back.

"Don't you dare using those kind of words against me" Naeun answered sharply.

"I do whatever I want to do" Miyoung walked a step closer to the shorter girl. "You're so irritating, no wonder they bullied you that time. And me, I just wanted to save you from them. But guess what?" her fists clenched. "You accused me for something I didn't do"

"What?" flashbacks ran in Naeun's mind. "So... You're that girl?" Naeun only got bullied once in her whole lifetime. And that was because she talked to the most popular boy in her school. The boy's fangirls went mad and they despised her so much.

"Do you know how many times I lied to my parents about the wounds? When they asked me about the bruises? You know my answer?" Miyoung stepped even dangerously closer to Naeun. "Hit and run"

The door of Taemin's room suddenly opened, revealing a middle-aged man with stacks of paper in his hand. "Naeun-ssi, let's continue the filming" he said before noticing Miyoung. "Excuse us" he said. Naeun entered the room, leaving Miyoung outside all by herself.

Naeun closed the door as Miyoung kicked the ground, fuming. She didn't like that girl, even for a bit. *She's the guilty one but she didn't want to admit it, she even said that I'm her fan! Eeeww!* she went into her own room.

---------------------

 

Taemin hesitantly opened his eyes, just to see a bunch of cameras surrounding him. His head was attacked by stabbed feelings and something cold. His hand reached the freezing thing on his forehead when another hand stopped him.

"Let it be, oppa" Naeun said, slowly letting go of his hand. "Your head must be compressed with that cloth"

Taemin nodded, not knowing anything. He tried to calm down but the imaginary thumping against his head grew harder. Plus the cold cloth on his forehead wasn't helping at all. The pain spreaded all over his body and he eventually sat up.

"Can't you please just take this off from my head?" he asked, pointing to the cloth. "It's not nice"

"But that's for your headache, oppa" Naeun sat beside his bed.

"But it's not nice" Taemin insisted. "I'm the one suffering the headache, and that means I'm the one who felt the pain. Now take the cloth off from my head and let me rest by myself"

Naeun slowly picked the cloth from Taemin's head and dipped it into the bowl of cold water on the nightstand. "I'm sorry oppa. That girl told me to compress your head with cold water" she looked onto the floor.

One of the cameramen finally talked. "She told you to compress his head with warm water, Naeun-ssi"

"Oh!" she gasped. "I must've misheard her!"

"I can do it myself" Taemin got up from the bed. "I'm going to get some food. I'm starving. Please don't follow me" he said, going out of the room in a rush since they could've just forbid him to go out due to the unfinished filming.

He half-ran into the elevator, which was nearly closed, but he managed to slid a hand into the small gap between the lift doors and as expected, the elevator opened. Taemin entered and pressed the button to the 1st floor, which was already pressed by someone who got into the lift before him.

The elevator closed and began to go down. Taemin exhaled and leaned back towards the cold steel behind him. His headache didn't dissapear, his goosebumps were rising like crazy. "Taemin?" he heard a voice beside him.

"Taemin? You okay?" a hand was placed on his shoulder. "Taemin, look at me. Who am I?" the hand became hands as they came to a contact with his cheeks.

His eyesight was blurry, but he knew the voice's owner. "Park Miyoung"

"Why are you out here? Without disguise?" Miyoung asked, eyeing him from head to toe. He was wearing a checkered shirt and a pair of deep blue jeans. He himself didn't know who changed his clothes.

"I don't know" he simply replied. "I'm hungry and I wanted to escape the filming. Plus, my headache really hurts"

"Didn't the warm water help you? I asked that Naeun girl" she lowered her voice at the Naeun part. "To compress your head with warm water. I should help a lot"

"She did it with cold water" Taemin confessed. "What are you doing here, by the way?"

Miyoung frowned. That girl sure didn't learn her lesson, did she? Is Naeun just trying to make her angry? "I'm staying here. I was supposed to go to Bali but something happened so yeah. My room is just beside yours. You want to come with me? I can heal your headache"

"Bring me with you" he desperately replied. He had nothing to do and nowhere to go, why decline a friendly offer? Moreover he was bored with the filming and his own head.

-----------------

 

"Jiho?" Miyoung called when she opened the door. She heard nothing in response, so she just went in. "Come in" she gestured Taemin to step into the room, which Taemin did.

"Jiho?" she repeated, walking to the mini kitchen. Taemin sat on the bed and turned the TV on, not feeling hesitant at all. Maybe it was the side effect of his headache.

Miyoung walked to the fridge upon seeing a sticky note stuck on it. She read it.

 

 

"As expected" she mumbled, shaking her head. *It's just 4 in the afternoon and he went to the bar already* Miyoung crumbled the paper in her hand before trashing it into the trash can beside the fridge. Then she walked back to the main room.

Taemin was lying on the bed, watching TV. He seemed to be so engrossed to the TV, but Miyoung knew that his attention wasn't focused on the square thing. He was holding his pain in, she knew it.

"You want something to eat?" she asked him. "I can call the room service to order some foods"

"Chocolate-dipped strawberries" he snapped, somehow wanting that food so badly. Miyoung nodded, slightly amused. She reached the telephone and called the room service.

"Room service, can I help you?" a sugar coated voice filled Miyoung's ear. She cringed for a while before answering.

"I want to order a portion of chocolate-dipped strawberries. The large one. And please deliver 2 glasses of orange juice here" she said, looking at Taemin for once a while.

"Okay, so you ordered--"

"Yeah. Just deliver them here" Miyoung cut the girl, not wanting to hear her voice anymore. She quickly hang up and sat beside Taemin. He was still busy watching the TV, eventhough it only showed some commercials.

"You want panadol? I remember bringing some" she stood up to take her bag but Taemin pulled her back down to sit beside him. His grip on Miyoung's wrist was firm enough to send the girl into her surprised state.

"My head" he whined.

"Yeah I'm going to take the panadol so you can eat it. Lie down, I'll compress your head" she pushed his shoulder mildly, making the boy's back finally touched the bouncy matress. Taemin refused to let go of her wrist so Miyoung sat beside him, rummaging through her bag with one hand.

"Here it is... Taemin please let go, I need to prepare the compress" she tried to yank Taemin's hand away, which she did. She quickly scampered to the kitchen and poured some hot water into a bowl, and then she also included in some cold water from the fridge.

Miyoung brought the bowl back to the main room, along with a piece of cloth, which was dipped in the water. She turned the TV off since Taemin seemed to be focused more on his headache than the commercials.

"Have you eaten the panadol?" Miyoung asked him, surprised. He nodded, more to her shock. "Without any water? Could you even swallow it?" Taemin nodded once again, weakly. Miyoung shook her head in disbelief before lifting the piece of cloth from the water in the bowl.

She squeezed the cloth to reduce the water in it, then she placed it on Taemin's forehead. A sharp gasp escaped his lips when the material came to a contact with his skin. "Is it too hot?" Miyoung asked. "Hold on, I'll--"

"No" he grabbed her wrist. "It's good enough"

She nodded slowly as Taemin led her hand to his head until her fingers touched his scalp. "Can you massage my head?" he asked. Miyoung promptly nodded, again, pressuring some weight onto Taemin's head with her fingers. Fortunately she had cut her fingernails back in Seoul, so they couldn't hurt Taemin's skin.

The moment passed like in dramas, with a comfortable silence lingered around them. Taemin, in his half-conscious state, reached out his hand to hold Miyoung's free one. "I need assurance" he forcefully said. Miyoung chuckled, intertwining her fingers with his.

"You'll be okay" somehow she felt like smiling all the time. Somehow her assurance to him calmed herself down. Somehow holding his hand seemed so right. Somehow intertwining her fingers with his boosted her mood up.

Somehow seeing his face made her happy.

Just then, Taemin's grip loosened against her fingers. He could feel the silver metal around her finger and suddenly he just felt uncomfortable to hold her hand. To squish her fingers.

She felt slightly dissapointed by his action, but she hushed that feeling away. *I'm just dissapointed because he didn't reply my assurance. Yeah, that's the cause. Of course* she thought. The doorbell suddenly rang, to her relief. At least she could escape the awkward situation, if there was any.

She opened the door, just to found a waitress with a tray in her hands. "Your orders, miss" she bowed her head a little. The waitress wanted to come into the room, but Miyoung swiftly snatched the tray away from her slender fingers.

"Thankyou" she stepped backwards and kicked the door close before bringing the food to the bed. Miyoung didn't mean to be harsh towards the waitress, but it would be the worst decision to let the waitress walked in to find out that SHINee's Taemin was in a room with a girl.

"Eat up" she placed the glasses of orange juice on the nightstand and pushed the tray with the food to Taemin. He looked at it for a while, picked a strawberry and dipped half of it into the bowl of melted chocolate. Miyoung wondered if the chocolate would last that long before eventually froze as a solid form.

"You eat too" he demanded. Miyoung shook her head.

"No, I'm full" she reasoned.

"Then, because my head is hurting," Taemin lied back down. "Feed me" he shifted his head's position on the pillow and finally got a comfortable one. "Come on"

"What?" her eyes widened.

"I'm waiting" he opened his mouth a little, fixing the cloth on his forehead since it has fallen off the moment he sat up to eat the strawberries. "I'm waiting" he repeated upon feeling that she didn't do as he said. Closing his eyes, he parted his lips wider.

Slowly, Miyoung pinched the red fruit with her fingers and inserted it into the sweet, dense treat called chocolate. She hesitated before directing the heavenly dessert into Taemin's mouth, so he made a move by pulling her hand closer; close enough for him to take a bite.

His fingers were still circled around Miyoung's wrist when he praised the delicacy. "Mhmm" he the remaining chocolate on his upper lip, making Miyoung gulped in response. He lifted a corner of his lips to show a light smirk. "Why are you gulping?"

"Because I suddenly feel hungry too!" she snatched another strawberry from the bowl, to Taemin's surprise. His smirk dissapeared, replaced by a warm grin. *Is she really a psychologist? She doesn't act like one* he mentally laughed.

------------------

 

Taemin's eyes fluttered open as a yawn exited his mouth. Sitting up, he stretched his hands upwards and looked at the clock on the wall. It was 11 in the night, and he was still in Miyoung's room.

It took him exactly 5 seconds to realize his condition. ". The filming!" he cursed aloud, rushing to the door. He left the room without anything but the thought of the fuming PD in his head.

Running, he dashed to the room beside Miyoung's, gripped the door's handle, and pushed the door open.

Of course, the door was locked.

"Naeun?" he knocked the door. "PD songsaenim?"

Nobody answered. Taemin remembered his phone and reached it out from his pocket almost instantly. Sliding his finger along the screen, he found out that he had 12 missed calls from the PD, 10 missed calls from Naeun, 7 new messages from Naeun, and only a new message from the PD.

He chose to read the PD's message first.

 

From: WGM's PD

Forget about the WGM filming in Jeju. You're flying back home tomorrow to film it in Namsan Tower. Please do cooperate with us this time, Taemin-ssi.

 

Scratching his head, Taemin opened Naeun's messages.

 

From: Naeun

Where are you, oppa?

 

From: Naeun

Oppa it's been 2 hours since you went outside! Where are you?

 

From: Naeun

Oppa! The PD is crazy right now, you better come back!

 

From: Naeun

Oppa this isn't funny. I'll call the police if you don't come back now!

 

From: Naeun

Sheessh, just tell us where you are, Taemin oppa!

 

From: Naeun

Oppa.

 

From: Naeun

We're going back to Seoul. You'll be flying home too tomorrow, oppa. We'll be filming at Namsan Tower. Don't be late, okay? Take care.

 

He sighed between his gritted teeth, thumping his head against the wall. Well, his headache had gone earlier. Ruffling his disheveled hair, he leaned against the wall, staring at the ceiling.

"What have I done..." he muttered. His gaze wandered around and stopped right on Miyoung's opened door. He didn't close it earlier when he made a ruckus about the filming, so he immediately entered the room again, since he had nowhere to go.

*Where is Miyoung, by the way?* he mentally questioned. He overslept on the bed earlier, and he didn't see her beside him. Hey, it was her bed, she was supposed to sleep there, right? No, no, Taemin would never think anything erted about that stupid psychologist. Or so he thought.

He didn't found her anywhere, even in the kitchen. *Where could she be?* he thought, walking to the bathroom to pee. Opening the bathroom door, his eyes instantly bulged out of their sockets.

Miyoung was sleeping peacefully in the bathtub with her pajamas and bathroom sandals. There were pillows in the bathtub, so that she wouldn't hurt her back by lying on such a hard material. The hem of her top was lifted a little, revealing her tattoos.

Taemin has been admiring her tattoos since they met on the beach. Somehow they just attracted him. Alluring him to touch them. He walked closer to the girl, without thinking. Reaching out his hand, he slightly bent and...

"PUWAAAHHH!" Miyoung screamed at the sudden attack. Coughing, she looked up with her sleepy eyes, just to see Taemin, holding the shower above her. "What are you doing?" she choked in some water.

"Why are you sleeping here?" he asked back. "You're not supposed to sleep in the bathtub"

"So what? Why were you pouring water all over me when I'm asleep?" she hissed, standing up. "Is Jiho here yet? What time is it?" Miyoung shook her head harshly, letting her drenched hair sprinkled water everywhere, including Taemin.

"Easy there" he pushed Miyoung's forehead with his index finger to stop the girl from drying herself like a dog. "Jiho isn't here yet. And it's 11 pm" he informed. Miyoung stepped out of the bathtub and headed outside the bathroom.

"I'm hungry again" she clutched to her stomach. "Wanna go outside to eat? I saw some pojangmacha earlier near the hotel" she said. Pojangmacha refers to small tented restaurants on wheels, in other words, street stalls.

"I don't think pojangmachas sell foods during this hour" Taemin's brow raised. "They sell soju"

"Not brave enough to drink soju?" she asked. "You went clubbing almost everyday and you don't want to drink an authentic drink of our country?" her lips slowly formed a smirk. "Oh wait"

Taemin looked at her.

"Why am I behaving like this?" she was stupefied by her own questions earlier. "I'm your psychologist, I'm supposed to guide you away from those kind of things, not bringing you deeper to them!" she slapped her head repeatedly.

"Hey, stop--"

"What am I doing?!" she walked around, not believing the truth. The flashbacks when she went clubbing with Taemin and got drunk of Lemon Kamikaze appeared in her mind. When she challenged him to drink soju, something he shouldn't. She has never been like this before, she always did her job well. But what was she doing just then? What was happening? Why was she acting so comfortably around Taemin that she didn't do her job correctly anymore?


I'm sorry for the late update :( my school has started last thursday and hell, my new class .

I got new classmates who didn't even welcome me properly, wait. They didn't even realize that I was in that class.

Hope I can survive the school this year, wish me luck :D

Anyways, you like the chapter? And OOHH, thanks for the comments guys! :'D

I'm glad you like the story *well that's why you subscribed lol*, hope to hear more from you X)

And thanks for the upvote iJaemi! ^^