Happy birthday, Taemin [part 2]

The Psychologist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weIiaA-h4pk

Infinite- She's Back


 

Miyoung drove half-heartedly to the place where her engagement would be held, Jiho's family mansion. The event would start at night, but her mother forced her to check on the building first, adding some decorations if she wanted them.

"Yeah, mom" she answered her mother on the phone. "I'm not that childish to put balloons in my engagement party, mom" she facepalmed, since she was stuck in a traffic jam. "Yeah, see you later" she hung up, sighing.

*I can't believe I'm going to be engaged with that ert* she cringed at the thought. "Why isn't the traffic moving?!" she yelled frustatingly, slamming her fists to the steering wheel. *Why do I have to marry the person I didn't love at all?*

-------------------

 

Taemin was lying on his stomach, concentrating to his laptop lazily. He was looking at some fanmade articles about his birthday. The fans even said happy birthday to him, eventhough they didn't say it directly. And his bandmate? Key was the only one who cares. In Taemin's assumption.

Well, it was his fault afterall. No, it's his parents' fault.

He knew that the fans sent him presents, but he let them outside, in the living room, remaining untouched. He wasn't in the mood to celebrate his own birthday. The only things that kept him a little pleased is Miyoung's presents and Key's birthday greeting.

Oh, wait. Miyoung's present was still on his nightstand, waiting to be opened. He sat up and grabbed the box. Slowly, he ripped the wrapper off and revealed a red box, which he recognized as a shoes box, beneath it. He opened the box.

There was a knitwork sweater inside it. It was blue-colored and was knitted neatly. Taemin tried to find any price tag attached to it, not believing that Miyoung made the sweater by herself, but he didn't found it. He lifted the sweater and turned it over, then he found out that his name initial was sewed with black thread behind the sweater. L.T.M. Stands for Lee Tae Min.

Slipping himself into the sweater, he felt simply amazed by how exact Miyoung could measure his body size. The sweater fitted him so perfectly, and not to forget that it also warmed him up.

"Wow" he heard a voice coming from the door. His head instantly jerked to the door's direction and got the fact that Jonghyun was standing there. He flipped his hair and nervously looked back to his laptop. "Nice sweater. Where did you buy it?"

Taemin didn't answer him and continued staring at his laptop. Jonghyun didn't give up that easily. "Did Miyoung buy that for you?"

"She made it by herself" Taemin snapped, somehow annoyed by Jonghyun's statement that Miyoung bought the sweater.

"Wow" Jonghyun's mouth fell agape. "She's got some skill"

Taemin tried to ignore him.

"Happy birthday, man" Jonghyun said, making his attempt failed. He looked at the older boy. "I'm sorry I didn't get any present for you... I'll buy one later" he fiddled with his fingers behind his back. "So... Yeah. Happy birthday" Jonghyun shrugged in a jittery way before walking away.

Taemin's lips curled upwards a little. Maybe it wasn't a bad birthday afterall.

----------------

 

Miyoung looked at her reflection on the mirror. Unlike how Jiho's mother said, she prepared a dress for Miyoung, and not a gown. It was a turtle neck dress, purple colored. The dress didn't have any sleeves, and it stops 5 cm above her knees.

She liked the dress. Very much, indeed. First, because purple was her favorite color. Second, because it's not a gown. Third, because it's sleeveless.

But her fondness of the dress was nothing compared to her saddening heart. Would anybody understand that she didn't want to marry Jiho? She bet nobody would. Nobody would understand and nobody would want to understand.

Miyoung wanted to make her parents happy, but not this way.

She sighed, hugging herself. *Here I am, the psychologist who couldn't even control her own feelings* she released herself. "Fighting, Miyoung! You're going to be a big company heir's fiancee, do your best!" she cheered for herself.

"Miyoung, are you ready?" she heard her mother's voice from the locked door. "The party is starting in 3 minutes!"

"Coming!" she straightened her tidy dress and dashed towards the door. The party was held on the huge living room of the mansion, and she changed her clothes in the guest room earlier. Opening the door, she was welcomed by Jiho, who immediately took her hand and dragged her to sit down beside his father. His father was released from the hospital a day before.

"So, my friends, my business partners, my seniors and juniors, welcome to my son's engagement party" Jiho's father started his speech, standing up. "It's such a pleasure to have you here. Now I'm going to announce the couple"

Jiho stood up, along with Miyoung. Miyoung flashed a small smile since her father told her to do so. High-class people would never smile too wide to reveal their gums, he said.

"My son, Kim Jiho, will be engaged to one of my worker's daughter, Park Miyoung. She's a kind-hearted girl with smart brain and good attitude. She has changed my son so drastically that I could barely recognize him anymore" he joked, but Miyoung didn't laugh. Changed Jiho? The only person who could change Jiho is Hyeju, not her. "So I hope you guys will take care of them well. Now it's my son's turn to give a speech" he sat down, patting Jiho's back in process.

Jiho inhaled before starting to talk. "Good evening, all of you. It's my engagement day and I hope you all enjoy the party we held. We'll start the ceremony first. It's just a simple one, we're just going to put the rings on our fingers and then it's free time" he smiled professionally. His dad proudly nodded at his son.

His mother, who was sitting beside his father, handed him a small box. He opened it and took out a silver ring with a shining diamond on it. Miyoung gaped at the ring, she has never seen such a beautiful ring like that before.

"I love you, my fiancee" Jiho slid the ring into her ring finger, and it fitted perfectly. She stared at the ring on her finger, trying to be happy. She knew she failed, but trying wasn't a bad thing, right?

Jiho placed the box in her hand. She opened it and found another ring for her to put on Jiho's finger. His ring was a simple one, without any difficult patterns or gem arrangements.

"I-- I love you too, Jiho" she stuttered but no one seems to notice. Putting the ring through his finger, she faked a smile when Jiho leaned in to kiss her forehead. The audience clapped as they hugged each other.

"We won't be getting married, don't worry. I won't ever let that happen" Jiho whispered into her ear, making her smile went to a genuine one, not faked. She buried her face in his chest and patted his back.

"Thankyou" she mumbled.

"Now let's start the feast!" Jiho's father announced, followed by the cheerings of the people in the mansion. They stood up from their seats and started talking to each other to socialize. The aroma of deliciously cooked foods wafted from the kitchen, making some of the guests led their feet there.

Miyoung let go of her official fiancee and looked at the ring on her finger. "I love this ring! Where did you buy it?" she grinned at the thing circled around her finger. "It's so cute"

"It's not me who bought it, it's my mom" he confessed. Miyoung kept smiling at the ring, she could feel the chemistry between it and herself. "You like it?"

Then it hit her. "I-- I'm sorry, Jiho..." she ducked her head low. "How could I be so happy to see you suffer like this... I mean, you like this ring too, right? And you want to give it to Hyeju, am I right?"

Jiho kept it silent.

"I like this ring, but I know Hyeju will like it more. I'll give the ring back on time, I promise, Jiho" she held his shoulders. "Please be strong, Hyeju won't be happy to see you like this"

"You really are a psychologist, aren't you?" Jiho chuckled.

"Well I literally am" she grinned upon seeing his happy face. "Now you go socialize, I'm very hungry" she pushed him to a crowd of businessmen before heading to the kitchen to grab a bite. Walking towards the table where the foods were served, she took a serving of chocolate pudding.

*I can't socialize with these guys* she sighed, inserting the dessert into . Miyoung walked to the staircase and sat on one of the steps. There she enjoyed her pudding alone, not that she minded it though.

She sighed. She couldn't find any familiar face, and she wasn't the type who would like to start a conversation with someone. *And I still call myself a psychologist* she chortled expressionlessly in her mind.

Everyone acknowledged her presence there, she knew it. But nobody wanted to talk to her. *If only Jooyoung was here* she let out an exasperated exhale and stood up since she has finished her food.

Suddenly, a blonde boy popped out of nowhere. "Hey, Miyoung-ssi!" he called her. She looked to her side.

"Jonghyun's friend?" she wasn't sure what to call him, though. She didn't really know his name.

"It's Key, Miyoung-ssi" Key facepalmed, laughing.

"I'm sorry" she apologized. "By the way, Key-ssi, what are you doing here?" she asked, trying not to sound too harsh.

"Your fiancee is my cousin" he smiled. "I can't believe he's engaged to you! I thought he was a playboy, but his father described that you changed him. What a good thing!"

"Ah, it's not like that..." Miyoung shook her head, giggling.

"Don't be so modest, Miyoung-ssi" Key laughed.

"No, it's really not like that" Miyoung frowned. Not at Key, but at the fact that she has been lying to the people around her all this time. "Anyway, you're his cousin from his mother's or father's family?" Miyoung diverted the conversation.

"His father's family. My father is his father's younger brother" he answered. "Why aren't you with your fiancee, by the way?"

"He's socializing" Miyoung replied.

"I see. It's a must to socialize in a party like this if you're a businessperson" he nodded. "Want to take a walk with me?"

"Sure. I don't like being a loner in a party" she smiled. They walked outside, to the garden, which was lit up by some dim lamps. Fireflies flew here and there, but none of them crashed to the pair of humans.

The two of them sat on the bench, which was placed in front of a small fish pond. It was a cold night, but Miyoung believed that her layer of fat was enough to warm her up. However, she didn't have much amount of calories and ended up shivering.

There were people around them, but not many. They were talking about business, business, and business, which Miyoung disliked. She didn't hate business, she just hated the monotonous topic. Everytime the businesspeople met, they always talked about business. It annoys her.

"You forgot to put beef inside your seaweed soup" Key started a conversation. Miyoung blinked.

"How did you know?" she questioned.

"Taemin shared it with me"

That answer really lifted her mood up. Taemin. Shared. Those two words were combined together in a sentence, and she loved it. Her stubborn, arrogant client had finally gave up a little. Her lips curved upwards, making a smile on her face.

"Really?" she brightened. "He shared it with you?"

"Yeah. Well, I asked him whether I could get some, then he said yes" Key nodded. "And he said that you made the soup by yourself"

"Yeah I did" Miyoung chuckled. Eventhough it's Key who asked for the soup, she couldn't help but feeling happy. A progress is a progress, eventhough it's just a small one. "Did he like it?"

"Of course he did, he even the bowl when he finished eating" Key snickered. Miyoung sighed in relief. Her eyes traveled to the soft grass under her feet. The only plant existed in the garden is grass. Since Miyoung is allergic towards flowers, Jiho's family didn't grow any of them. As the result, the mansion's garden was the only dull place there. But still, Miyoung loves the garden. She couldn't explain the feeling on her feet if they touched the grass with a bare condition. It was fascinating.

"And did he like the present?" Miyoung turned her head towards the blonde, hoping for a yes answer.

" What present? I didn't see any" Key answered, shrugging. "You sent him a present?"

"Yeah. You didn't see it? It came with the soup" she stated.

"I don't know?" Key pouted, thinking. "Maybe he kept it somewhere safe"

------------------------

 

Taemin's eyes fluttered open when he heard his phone's ringtone. He sleepily grabbed the phone on the nightstand and tapped the screen to answer the call. "Yeah?"

"Taemin it's me Miyoung. It's 8 in the morning, wake up!" her voice filled his ears.

"What's up..." Taemin yawned and got up from his bed.

"Can you come to the rehab today?" she asked.

"But it's Thursday, I don't have any schedule there" he walked to the bathroom and headed towards the sink.

"Can you? Please, I can't come to the rehab tomorrow, something came up. We'll have a therapy session today, and we won't have any tomorrow! Please?" she begged.

"What came up?" Taemin said, smearing his toothbrush with toothpaste. "Is it that important?"

"Yeah" Miyoung didn't sound happy. "Please? You don't have any schedule outside today, right?"

"Nope. Okay I'll come. See you later" he hung up without even hoping for Miyoung to reply. Brushing his teeth with his right hand, his left hand ruffled his tousled hair. Will anybody beat Taemin's charms in the morning? Will anybody beat Taemin's bed hair? Answer it by yourself.

His phone rang again, this time from WGM's PD. He stared at the phone for a while before answering it. "Hello?"

"Taemin-ssi, it's me--"

"Yeah I know who you are" Taemin cut him.

"So, Taemin-ssi, it turns out that you and Naeun-ssi will be going to Jeju Island tomorrow because you won the puzzle game earlier.  Plus, Naeun-ssi said that she wanted to give you a birthday surprise. Congratulations!" the PD informed.

"Oh" was Taemin's only response. "So are you going to pick me up tomorrow to the airport?"

"Sure, Taemin-ssi. Any more questions?"

"Nope. Thankyou" Taemin hung up, again. Well, Miyoung picked the right day to have a leave.

-------------------

 

"Darling, make your decision quick! We don't have all time to buy the plane tickets!" Miyoung's mom rushed her daughter.

"Don't worry Mira-yah" Jiho's mother called Miyoung's mom by her name. "We can buy the tickets everytime. We can even use the company's private jet to get there" there wasn't any hint of boastful tone in her voice.

"So, baby, Jeju Island or Bali?" Jiho asked his fiancee.

The fake lovers' family were with them. Well, only their parents. And they forced their children to have a vacation so that they could be... closer, which was not going to happen. "Bali. I've never been there before!" Miyoung cheered full-heartedly. She presumed this vacation as a brotherly one with Jiho, and they definitely were not going as a couple.

"Yeah you're right. I choose Bali too" Jiho smiled. "We even have the same choice!" he pinched Miyoung's cheeks as some kind of fanservice for their parents.

"Okay, Bali it is!" Jiho's father grinned at the fake lovebirds.

Miyoung quickly excused herself from the family and went to the bathroom. She sat on the closed toilet and punched some numbers on her phone. Then she placed the phone next to her ear.

"Yeah?" Taemin's drowsy voice greeted her. She stifled a laugh.

"Taemin it's me Miyoung. It's 8 in the morning, wake up!" she grinned.

"What's up..." she could hear the sound of Taemin getting up from his bed. And then she heard his yawn.

"Can you come to the rehab today?"

"But it's Thursday, I don't have any schedule there"

"Can you? Please, I can't come to the rehab tomorrow, something came up. We'll have a therapy session today, and we won't have any tomorrow! Please?" she pleaded.

"What came up? Is it that important?"

"Yeah" she lowered her voice at the word. "Please. You don't have any schedule outside today, right?"

"Nope. Okay I'll come. See you later" Taemin bid her a goodbye before hanging up. She sighed.

*This is getting really, really deep* she thought. *If Jiho and I don't change our methods, we'll end up married to each other! And I don't want that to happen!* she shivered at the thought.

"Well, better enjoy my vacation tomorrow" she mumbled, going out from the bathroom. "Eh, wait. I have to tell Joo!" she stepped into the bathroom again and directly dialed Jooyoung's number.

"HEY STUPIDDDD GOOD MORNING!" she made a gap between her ear and the phone when Jooyoung screamed.

"Good morning, . How are you?" she asked, laughing.

"I'm good! Yeah, I'm very good even when my friend didn't invite me to her own engagement partayy!" Jooyoung faked a cry, but ended up chuckling. "To think about that, even if you invited me, I won't come because I don't like that kind of party"

"I knew it, that's why I didn't invite you. Ey, ey, listen. I'm going on a vacation tomorrow, can you write that on your administration book?" she asked.

"Sure, whatever for my friend!"

"Bestfriend you mean" Miyoung corrected her, chortling.

"Where are you going?" Jooyoung questioned.

"BALI~!" she exclaimed happily, wanting to make her bestie jealous. And she indeed was.

"WOWW! I want to go too!" Jooyoung pouted. "Oh, by the way, if you go to Bali, then you'll need a pair of cute bikinis! I'll lend you a pair! Come over, okay?" she offered.

"Me wanna, me wanna! But I won't come to your flat, just bring the bikinis later to the rehab. I'm coming there today" she said.

"Okay! See you later sweetie~" Jooyoung made a kissing sound.

Miyoung giggled. "Byeee!"


YAY MIYOUNG'S GOING TO HAVE A VACATION~

But... She's going to Bali and Taemin's going to Jeju Island...

However, do you like the update? Your precious comments really brighten my days up! Thankyou <3

See you next chapter~!

Oh and btw thankyou so much for upvoting:

ColorfulRainbow

KpopluvOmely

Taeminnie_babyface

KillerBee ! :D 

ps: sorry for the short chapter :( I've been very busy processing my driver's license lately hehe ;)