Kimbap, Jiho's girlfriends, and a package

The Psychologist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_SuAzll90

Lee Hi- Rose


 

Miyoung stirred to her left. Taemin fixed the blanket that covered her whole body. It's 3 in the afternoon and Taemin haven't had any meal since the morning. His stomach repeatedly grumbled but he refused to leave Miyoung alone.

"Hey! I'm sorry I just got a chance to come here now, I was so busy!" the door barged open, followed by Jooyoung's voice. Taemin's head moved to her direction. "Look, I bought food for you and Miyoung. Is she awake?"

"Not yet" he answered.

"I bought you 2 rolls of kimbap. And I bought 5 rolls for Miyoung. Please give it to her when she's awake, okay? I'm going now, I'm so busy!" she placed the plastic bag she was holding onto the floor and ran outside.

*5... rolls? 5 rolls of these?* he looked at Miyoung. *I never thought a skinny girl like you ate lots of calories*

"2 rolls are too much" he mumbled. "I'm going to get fat. But... who cares? I have nothing to lose" he smiled while opening the wrapper of the kimbap roll and started eating it. *Whoa... Where did she buy this? Isn't this street food? Why does it taste so good?*

"Hungry..." a voice beside him made his neck twisted to the voice's owner. "Give me... The food..."

"You're awake?" he asked, startled. "Which one hurts?"

"Here..." she held her belly. "I'm so hungry it hurts..."

"Ehk!" Taemin choked on a laugh. "Here" he handed her a roll of kimbap. She accepted it heartfully and ate joyfully. Taemin unconsciously stared at her, eventhough his mouth was busy chewing his food.

His eyes directed at her short, nicely-combed hair. Jooyoung combed her hair earlier when she cured her wound.

"What happened to you, actually?" he asked. "Why are you here when actually you don't have any schedule here?"

"How about you? You're here when it's not your schedule here, right?" she grinned at him.

"It's because you did it first, now that I'm involved, I ask you the reason" he said, biting the kimbap more. *Seriously, I'll ask Jooyoung about this food*

"By the way how did your talk with your parents go? Is it good?" Miyoung asked back, trying to divert the topic.

Taemin's face hardened. Those annoyed feelings rushed into his heart, again. The reason he came here is because of the talk yesterday. "Not good at all. Why did you leave me alone. I ended up quarreling again with my father. Seriously... You're the one who seemed so vibrant to help me, but you're the one who left me alone. I knew you're busy with your boyfriend, but you promised to help me. Didn't you say that I'm more important than your boyfriend?"

Miyoung was stunned at his bombarding of words. He never talked this much to her before, but when he finally did it, he was expressing his annoyance. And she knew that she caused it. His annoyance.

Deep inside, Taemin regretted what he just said. *WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY LAST SENTENCE?! WHY IS THAT STATEMENT KEEP LINGERING AROUND MY HEAD OHMYGOD*

"Taemin..." she said, putting the roll of kimbap on the sofa. Then she stretched out her hand to grasp Taemin's. Taemin stared at their intertwined fingers. *LOOK WHY THE AM I INTERTWINING MY FINGERS WITH HERS*

"I'm sorry" she used her free hand to cover their interlaced fingers. "Yesterday was a bad, hard day for me--"

"Of course, you were beaten into pulp like this" Taemin cut.

She giggled before continuing. "Because I'm going to get engaged in 2 weeks. That's the reason. I'm sorry. I'm very sorry" she ducked her head low.

Taemin's eyes went wide. "Aren't you supposed to be happy? I mean, you're not happy with your engagement?"

"Why would I?" she used her thumb to rub Taemin's hand. Her sad face was very visible, making Taemin hesitated to say his opinion. He just stayed still, not knowing what to do.

He looked at her sad face, once again.  *Well... I guess it's okay if I... If I...*

His thought was interrupted by the sound of the door opened. Miyoung quickly pulled her hands from his as a tall, ulzzang-like figure stepped in.

"Jiho" a word escaped . Taemin looked at the latter.

"How are you?" Jiho asked, kneeling beside the sofa, not caring about Taemin. "What happened to you? Who did this? OH MY GOD YOUR HAND! YOUR HAND, MIYOUNG!" he pointed at the wound on Miyoung's arm. "LET'S GO TO THE HOSPITAL!"

"Let go of me, stupid" Miyoung smacked her fake boyfriend's head, laughing. "I'm okay"

"No you're not! You're going to the hospital with me" Jiho insisted.

"I said I'm okay" she replied. "Stop being so overprotective, Jiho"

Taemin stared at the fake couple. *Am I the third wheel here? Third wheel is the devil, right* he sighed.

"Oh, Taemin, I forgot to introduce the two of you properly" Miyoung snapped.  "Taemin, this is my boyfriend, Kim Jiho" she gestured to Jiho. "Jiho, this is Lee Taemin, my client"

"Nice to meet you" Taemin said.

"Nice to meet you too" Jiho smiled.

*Oh, so this is her boyfriend... He kinda look like G-Dragon sunbae...* Taemin admitted. *He seemed to be a good guy*

"You haven't answered my question. Who did this to you?" Jiho asked Miyoung again. Taemin looked at the girl, wanting to know the answer too.

Miyoung sighed. "My hair is getting longer and longer, and it annoys me. So I cut it" she explained. "And this wound, I accidentally cut my own hand when I was cutting my hair"

"And it bled like this? Don't lie to me, Miyoung! I knew it's one of my girlfriends, right?" Jiho barked. And Taemin's gaze instantly shifted to him. "Is it Hwe Ji? Or Mikki? Or Shin Yeong? Or Ah Ri? Or--"

*WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS MAN* Taemin thought as his eyebrows pinched, once again. *WHY DID HE ADMIT ABOUT HIS GIRLFRIENDS SO EASILY IN FRONT OF HIS GIRLFRIEND... AND EVEN SAYING THEIR NAMES!*

"None. It's all an accident, Jiho. Don't blame your girlfriends so easily" Miyoung answered. Taemin's eyes slightly moved to her.

*WHAT THE-- WHY IS SHE ACTING SO CALMLY WHEN HER BOYFRIEND HAS ANOTHER GIRLFRIENDS? WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER--- WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS COUPLE* Taemin thought, his nose scrunched.

"Ugh, okay if you don't want to tell the truth. I cancelled my meeting with the new girl in the office just for a girlfriend who lied to me" Jiho pouted, sitting down beside her, leaving Taemin sitting on the floor alone.

Jiho then busied himself with his phone. Miyoung took the kimbap she placed beside her just now and ate it again. "Don't you want kimbap?" she offered Jiho. "Oh, by the way, you bought the kimbap?" she asked Taemin.

"No, Jooyoung bought it" he answered. *Oh, so the food's name is kimbap. I'll buy some when I get home*

"Miyeok-yah--"

"My name is Miyoung not miyeok!" Miyoung cut Jiho's sentence, smacking him on the head.

"Fine, fine. Miyoung-ah..." Jiho corrected.

"That's better" Miyoung commented.

"Borrow me your phone" he said.

"What for?" Miyoung asked, rummaging inside her pocket to find her phone, but she didn't find any. "Ah, it's not with me. Where is it?"

"Here" Taemin handed her the phone, which he kept since she was still unconscious.

"Thankyou" she  said to Taemin. "What for, Jiho?"

"I need to call my mom and my phone died" he pouted. "Low battery"

"Oh" she gave him the phone.

*Ah... The message* Taemin suddenly remembered. *The message in her inbox. I wonder what does it mean?*

"..."

"..."

"...min!"

"TAEMIN!" Miyoung's voice brought him back to reality.

"Uh? Huh? What?" he blinked repeatedly.

"Your phone is ringing" she informed. Taemin quickly fished out his phone out of his pocket and pick the phone up. "Hello?"

"Taemin? Where are you?" came a familiar voice.

"Manager hyung?"

His manager, on the other line, was very surprised by how Taemin called him. 'Hyung'... It's been a long time since the last time Taemin said that word. A smile slowly curled on his lips as he lifted his chin up.

"Yeah it's me" he answered.

"I'm at my psychologist's" Taemin said, not realizing what his 'hyung' word can do to his manager. "What's up?"

"Ehm, your father sent something to you. We haven't opened the package, and your father wanted you to open it" his manager informed. Taemin nodded.

"Okay I'll get going" he hung up. "Guys--" he was about to say goodbye to the couple when Jiho stomped his foot against the floor, making a loud thud. Then he stood up.

"I knew it! You lied to me!" he screamed at Miyoung. Taemin looked at him, confusion filled his mind.

"What the--"

"THIS!" Jiho threw Miyoung's phone onto her lap, cutting her words. "AND YOU SAID YOU CUT YOUR HAIR BY YOURSELF! Oh my God Miyoung... You don't need to lie to me, okay..."

Taemin could see tears b in Miyoung's eyes. She wiped them with the back of her hand and ducked her head low. "I... I don't want to disturb your real love life... I want you to be happy with your choice, not with your parents' choice, me..."

"There's plenty girls in this world! Not only Hwe Ji, Ah Ri, Shin Yeong, the new girl... Miyoung, who sent you that message? Tell me"

"I don't know..." she rubbed her eyes with her fingers. And somehow the men in front of her found that cute. "It was sent with a private number..." she sobbed. Taemin looked at another direction, not being able to see her crying.

"I'll just leave them all" Jiho walked away but Miyoung held his hand. "DON'T STOP ME, MIYOUNG! THE ONE WHO SENT THIS MESSAGE, IS THE ONE WHO HURTED YOU TOO, RIGHT?!"

Miyoung let go of his hand, looking at him. "Even if you stood them up, she'll still be able to hurt me. Please, Jiho. Just let this go"

"I'm not hearing you" Jiho quickly dashed out of the room, leaving Miyoung and Taemin alone.

----------------

 

"I'm home" Taemin greeted the seemed-to-be empty dorm. He knew that the others are there, they just didn't want to show themselves. "I bought kimbap for you guys" he said and ran to the dining room to put the plastic bag on the dining table, then he sprinted into his room.

*It's been a long time since the last time I bought food when I got home* he giggled mentally. *But it feels good, actually*

"Whoa, kimbap!" he heard Jonghyun's voice outside his room. He smiled for a second, but he shook his head to wipe that smile out of his face. Then he remembered the incident at Miyoung's workplace.

*Something is indeed wrong with them* he thought. *How could a couple acted like that*

Suddenly he felt vibration in his pocket. His phone. He took it out and immediately found a new message was there. He opened the message.

 

From: Stupid psychologist

Taemin, please forget whatever you saw earlier. It's just an accident, okay?

 

He exhaled. How could he forget that scene? Of course he couldn't. He was the one who witnessed her condition first and he knew how severe that wound is. She's lucky that the attacker didn't cut it too deeply, or else the wound would have cut her arteries. And that's not good---

Wait.

*H-- How could the wound made so perfectly that it didn't touch any of her blood vessel? The attacker must be good at human's anatomy. I'm sure of that. I'm very sure* he thought as his thumbs began to type a reply.

 

To: Stupid psychologist

Whatever.

 

Okay, that might sound ignorant (because it really is) but he didn't have another choice. He must contact Jiho as soon as possible. And that means right now.

He ran outside with his car keys in his hand, leaving his bandmates who were surrounding the kimbap he bought. Of course, they were eating it.

-------------------

 

"Aahhh..." Taemin groaned. He has been searching for 3 hours and still, he didn't get anything. No presence of Jiho in his office, in his house, at his neighborhood, well maybe he's still busy with his girlfriends.

Taemin weakly drove to Bloody Mary, the last place he thought Jiho would be at. After arriving there, he entered the club and looked at the dancefloor. Somehow he didn't feel like dancing tonight. He walked to the bar, but he didn't want to drink anything. His goal here is just to find Jiho.

He checked the male's bathroom but he couldn't find him there. He went to the 'special' rooms upstairs of the club but the staff said there's no couple staying over. He even went to the parking lot to see if Jiho was that poor that he wooed his girlfriend in a place like that instead of going to the 'special' rooms, but the only thing he found there were cars, cars, and cars, and cars, and a corpse, and cars, and cars...

"CORPSE?!" he unconsciously yelled and walked back to the corpse. Walking closer to the motionless body, he found out that--

"No, it's not Jiho" he sighed. "Hey, you!" he called the parking staff there. "There's a corpse here!"

"It's okay!" the staff yelled back. "He sleeps there everyday!"

"Disgusting" he mumbled while walking away. Now that he didn't have anywhere else to find the man who was supposed to be Miyoung's boyfriend. Blowing a raspberry, he stumbled into his car. *Ugh. Where else?*

He was about to start the engine when he spotted a familiar figure limping across his car. It's Jiho.

He got off the car and ran to him. "Hey!" he slapped his shoulder. Jiho slowly looked at him, hyperventilating. Not because of seeing Taemin, it's because of what he had before. A nightmare.

"Man, are you alright?" Taemin asked, worrying a bit.

Jiho didn't answer, he tried to control his breath instead. He was trembling, his lower lip was shivering. His face was pale, he seemed to be so weak. Especially after he got that new walking style. Limping.

"I... I..." Jiho stuttered. Taemin sharpened his hearing. "I... I broke up with all my girlfriends and-- and-- and they chased me! One of them... One of them hit my leg-- my leg with a baseball bat! Wo-- Women are such-- such a dangerous creature!"

DOENG~! Taemin shook his head. Unbelievable. *I thought he ran into a motor gang or something. It's just his girlfriends*

"I thought you were beaten by someone, so that you hyperventilated" Taemin shot him an are-you-ing-kidding-me look.

"I was indeed beaten, man!" Jiho reached Taemin's shirt and pulled it. "I was beaten by women! How unmanly, man!" he wobbled.

"Oh my glob, this man" Taemin tch-ed. "I've found something important. I think you should know it" he said, suddenly in a serious tone. "Let's go to my car" Taemin led the way to his car. Jiho, still limping, followed him.

Taemin took the driver seat while Jiho took the passenger's one. Then he started the engine. "Eh, wait. You didn't bring your car, did you?" he asked Jiho, afraid that the same accident of him left his car on the club will happen to the man beside him.

"I told you they chased me. THEY CHASED ME. I ran all the way from my house to the club" he said. Taemin's lips jutted forward as his neck motioned a nod. "So what's the thing you wanted to tell me?"

"It's about Miyoung's incident" he started. "I've found out that the wound isn't that deep to touch any of her blood vessel. Need an expert to do such thing like that. Cutting the flesh without cutting the arteries. Right?"

"Yeah, yeah you're right" Jiho squinted his eyes, thinking.

"And I think the one who can do it is a doctor. A nurse, at least. Or someone who's good at human body's anatomy" Taemin stated. Jiho stiffened.

"You mean... Like... Someone who worked for the medical field?" Jiho asked, trembling again. *Please, don't say yes... Don't say yes...*

"Of course" there goes Jiho's hope. The only girlfriend he hasn't stood up yet. Ryu Hye Ju. His most-beloved girlfriend. Is the attacker. Is the one who did all these to Miyoung. Is the one who sent that message to Miyoung. Is the one who worked as a nurse at a nearby clinic.

He sighed. He loves her. With all his heart. He trusted her with all his mind. He loved her more than anything else in this world. But now that she did this, he didn't think he could forgive her anymore.

*But I still love her...* he sighed.

-------------------

 

Taemin stared at the brown-wrapped package in front of him. That is the package his manager told him. From his father.

He slowly opened the wrapper and found a box underneath it. He opened the box. There's a book inside it.

"How to be a good son" he read the title of the book, then he threw the book outside from the window. Luckily the windows were opened, if it wasn't, well, Taemin was still going to throw the book away.

*I thought he changed, that old man!* he gritted his teeth, annoyed. *What a stone-headed son of *

A frustated feeling crept into his brain. *Oh how I hated him. He called himself my father?! I knew all he wanted from me is my money!* he slammed his body against the bed, lying down. * it*

 

"Taemin" his father started a conversation.

"Hm" Taemin answered absentmindedly because of the phone call saying that Miyoung was crying.

"Are you still mad at my divorce with your mother?" his father asked.

"Of course" he answered honestly.

His father sighed. "Taemin, seriously. Don't act like a little kid who was mad about everything"

"I'm not" Taemin replied shortly.

"You're not mad?" this time his mother joined in to ask him.

"I said I'm not a little kid, I didn't say that I'm not mad" Taemin rolled his eyes.

His mother looked below, seemed to be sad. Taemin's father sighed, once again.

"Taemin, don't be disrespectful to your mom" he warned.

"It's none of your business since you're already divorced with this lady" Taemin said calmly. "And don't tell me what to do. Eventhough I'm technically still your son, but mentally I'm not your son anymore. I'm not anybody's son. Not yours, not this lady's" he pointed at his mother. "I don't care about the two of you and I will never want to care"

His mother trembled. Tears started forming in her eyes.

"Taemin you better apologize for what you said!" his father's tone got louder.

"You better shut up because I don't take orders from you and I don't apologize to someone who's not related to me. Now stop all this and I'm going home" he took his car keys and stood up, but his father held his hand.

"You're not going anywhere because I want you to. Now sit back down and let's do this in a peaceful way" his father's grip against his arm got tighter but he didn't care.

"I was living peacefully until the two of you divorced" Taemin responded, saying the truth. "I'm not going to obey you, because as I said, I'm not anyone's son. And we've been sitting here for 2 hours yet still you wanted a peaceful way. Then why didn't you talk from the beginning? Now stop bugging me and let me live my peaceful life alone"

"You little--"

His father swung a palm towards his cheek, wanting to give him a hard slap, but he caught his father's hand on time. He quickly jerked that hand away from his face and gave his father a death glare.

"Don't you dare to hurt me. I'm more powerful than you and you know that. Stop saying disgusting things to me and goodbye. It's such a rotten luck to meet you two" Taemin said before walking out from the restaurant.


20 subbies? Thankyou so much guys TuT

I'll update soon because I'm in my holiday yippie~

PS: Miyeok means seaweed :) See you next time, I love you all! ^^

PPS: And sorry if this chapter is too crappy and too focused to Taemin. Next chapter I won't do the same mistake :D GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE (idk about you but it's already night here lol)