Engagement

The Psychologist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj0FvZGSzCo

Infinite- Paradise


 

"How did the talk go? Did you say something rude to your parents? You didn't do it, right? What did you talk about--"

"Shut" Taemin stopped Miyoung's blabbering with just a word. "I just arrived here too. 5 minutes ago. And we spent those 5 minutes staring at the table" he answered, not changing his facial expression.

"Then talk!" Miyoung snapped. "If they don't want to do it, then you do it!"

"No" his eyes searched the ground.

"I knew it" Miyoung walked in a small circle while holding her forehead. "You're nervous. I should've accompanied you"

"Now what?" Taemin asked, not declining Miyoung's statement. He knew himself, that he's nervous. Being in front of his divorced parents after 2 months of not seeing each other made his brain malfunctioned.

"Oh!" Miyoung suddenly snapped her fingers before running to a direction. Taemin followed her. She was going to her father's parked car. "I remember bringing spare clothes here" she rummaged the plastic bags in the car. "They were supposed to be taken to the laundry, though"

Taemin smiled at her silliness. But he quickly wiped off the smile. Then he realized it.

"What are you doing with those?" he asked, reffering to the spare clothes she talked about.

"I'm going to be 2 persons tonight" she grinned. "One being your manager, and one being a good girlfriend"

Taemin quickly shook his head. "No. Don't do that"

"I can have dinner with them anytime, but you? It's not everyday you got a chance like this. Besides," she paused, smiling. "This is your first mission from me. I have to help you to do it"

"But not like this!" he exclaimed. "I mean, your boyfriend's family is waiting there! Is your client more important than your boyfriend?"

"Yeah" she answered without any hesitation. "Why should my boyfriend be more important than my patient? It's not like he's my God" she entered the car. "I'm going to change. Don't you dare to peek. Turn around"

"You don't have to do this, really"

"Just turn around" Miyoung ordered.

"But you'll get into trouble!" Taemin warned.

"I don't care" Miyoung stuck her tongue out at him before slamming the car door close. Taemin sighed before turning his body around, pinching his nose bridge desperately. Guilt slowly consumed him. *She was going to have a dinner with her boyfriend's family and all I do was interrupting* he thought.

After waiting for about 5 minutes, the car door finally opened, revealing Miyoung in an oversized knitwork sweater and a pair of khaki colored jeans. She still wore the heels she wore earlier.

"Let's go" she said, wearing a pair of black LV glasses.

"You could just go back to the car and change your clothes back, then you can meet your boyfriend" Taemin said.

"It's okay!" she yelped. "You're more important than my boyfriend!"

One thing she didn't know is that Taemin stared at her right after she said those words. He squinted his eyes, wondering if he heard it right. *I'm more important than her boyfriend? How will her boyfriend react if he heard this?*

"Don't make any suspicious gesture" Miyoung said before entering the restaurant, lifting her chin up. Taemin blinked, snapped out of his daze before leading Miyoung to the table where his parents were.

Miyoung peeked at her parents' table. The elders were busy talking while Jiho himself busied himself with his phone, his serious face was very visible. She knew that Jiho faked that serious face as if he was contacting an important client.

Miyoung knew that he was making out with a girl via phone.

"Mom, dad" Taemin's voice diverted her gaze to the table in front of her. "This is my manager, Park Shinyoung" he said, changing her name. Miyoung didn't mind, though, as long if it could help him.

"Oh, take a sit, Shinyoung-ssi" Taemin's mother offered kindly. Miyoung sat down beside Taemin.

"Thankyou" Miyoung replied.

Then a silence occured. Miyoung swallowed a sigh while looking around. She was waiting for the family to talk. She didn't want to help, yet. *But why does it take so long? Father might be curious about me*

She patted Taemin's thigh and wrote something with her finger there. Taemin's eyes widened at the sight of her finger tracing along a part of his leg. He was about to slap her hand away when she nailed his thigh, hard.

"Ugh!" Taemin winced.

"Taemin-ssi, are you okay?" Miyoung quickly responded. "That's why you have to pay attention to MY CLUES" she said. Taemin realized the implicit meaning behind that sentence and waved his palm under the table, instructing her to continue what she was doing.

Miyoung's fingers went back tickling the area near his crotch. He bit his lip, unable to express how it feels. He felt embarassed yet annoyed. But he still paid attention to Miyoung's writings on his thigh.

 

WEATHER

 

Then Miyoung stuck her thumb up. Taemin understood that she asked him to talk about the weather to his parents. Inhaling, he started a conversation.

"What do you think about the weather nowadays, mom?" he asked without stuttering, to his surprise.

Taemin's mother was taken aback with her son's question. She expected him to be angry at her, like he did 2 months ago. But nope, the first thing he asked now is the weather.

"It's nice" Taemin's mother answered. She paused a while before continuing. "Are you doing well?"

Miyoung mentally squealed in delight. *YEAH! The weather topic works all the time!*

"Never worse" Taemin honestly answered. Miyoung's heart dropped.

*Why can't you just blend with the situation? Aishhh* she thought as she puckered her lips to whistle some tunes. Silence washed all over them, once again. Miyoung peeked to see her parents.

She saw that her father was looking at his watch while putting on a worried face. Getting up from her seat, she bowed. "I'm sorry... I-- I left my phone in my car. Excuse me" she dashed outside, not forgetting her father's car keys.

5 minutes later, she was back in the restaurant, wearing her dress. Walking to her parents' table, she sat down beside her father and placed the car keys on the table. "I'm sorry it takes so long. I met an old friend there" she smiled.

"Darling" Jiho leaned across the table and pulled something from her eyes. "It's not good to wear glasses in a formal dinner" it was the glasses he pulled. Miyoung nearly gasped and snatched the glasses from his hand.

"Uh... I'm sorry" without another words, she inserted the glasses into her handbag. "So has the food come?" she diverted the topic, not wanting Jiho to talk about the glasses any further.

"Not yet" Jiho pouted. Miyoung pinched his cheeks while grinning idioticly. Of course it's all acting. The parents smiled at their fake interactions. Jiho's parents looked at each other before nodding and turning back to the fake couple.

"Miyoung-ah, we have to talk about your engagement party with Jiho" Jiho's mother said gently, but in Miyoung's ears, those words heard like a thousand claps of thunder. She hesitantly turned her head to Jiho's mother's direction.

"What, eomeoni?" she smiled, not trusting her hearing.

"Your engagement party. With Jiho" Jiho's mother answered, almost squealing. "We've chosen the place and day, and we also already have your gown!"

Her eyes grew wide.

"Mom, isn't this too fast?" Jiho suddenly spoke. "You know, I'm busy with dad's business, and Miyoung herself is busy with her new client. Could we just wait?"

"Jiho, it's just an engagement party. It's just for a day, can't you spare your time? I'll tell your secretary to cancel all your meetings on that day, okay? The engagement party is in 2 weeks! Can you even believe it?" Jiho's mother giggled like a little girl.

Miyoung stayed in silence. This is not the reality she wanted. She didn't want to marry the man she doesn't love. Of course it's just an engagement party, but won't engagement party lead to a wedding?

"But mom, Miyoung is just 20" Jiho made another excuse.

"I was 20 too when I married your father. And you're 24, Jiho. You should be able to teach Miyoung about the things she doesn't know" his mother warded the excuse away.

"Mom, this is way too fast" Jiho pleaded.

"No no, you can't change our decision! Miyoung's parents already agreed with this, right?" his mother looked at Miyoung's parents for their assurance. And they nodded. Miyoung looked at her thigh, simply shocked by this one-sided decision.

"I-- I... I-- I need to-- I need--" Miyoung couldn't even think for an excuse to escape from this situation anymore. Luckily Jiho noticed this. He stood up and pulled Miyoung to stand up too.

"We need to talk about this now" he explained before pulling Miyoung out of the restaurant. She just stayed silent, even after they arrived inside Jiho's car. Both of them sat on the back seat.

"At the end I have to marry you" Miyoung sighed. "What a rotten luck I have"

"You're not the only one with the rotten luck" Jiho sighed. "What the hell is wrong with them? Obsessive parents!" he yelped, startling Miyoung. "I'm sorry" he apologized, looking down.

"So what should we do now?" Miyoung's lower lip trembled when she said this.

"I don't know" he replied.

Miyoung shakily fished out her phone from her handbag, then dialed Taemin's number. She couldn't do anything anymore after hearing about her engagement. Absolutely nothing.

"Where are you?" Taemin's voice filled her ears, and somehow she felt like crying.

"I'm... I'm sorry..." she started crying. She didn't even know why. Jiho snatched her phone from her ear before pressing it against his own ear. Miyoung tried to take her phone back but ended up sobbing alone beside him.

"Hey, this girl is crying and please don't disturb her any further. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience" and with that, he cut the line. He threw Miyoung's phone into her handbag and patted her head.

"I'm not letting this happen, okay? Trust me" Jiho ruffled her hair in a comforting way.

-------------------

 

Taemin strode towards a familliar room and barged in. It's Thursday and it means he didn't have any business in that place, but his anger kept bringing him there.

And there he is, looking at the dark room. It was 9 am in the morning and the room felt like a vampire's den. Rubbing the wall beside him, Taemin finally found the light switch. He turned the lamps on.

Just to find out that Miyoung was sleeping with her head on the table.

His feet led him to the girl as anger began to boil his blood. "Why you little--"

He stopped right before his hand arrived onto Miyoung's head to give a hard slap towards it. The scene in front of him was terrible, too heart-breaking. He took a step backwards.

Miyoung was sleeping soundly, still in her dress yesterday. She even wore the same heels. But it wasn't the one that shocked him.

Her mascara was ruined--- No, her entire make-up was ruined. There were dried tears' tracks along her cheeks. And a thing Taemin noticed the most is--

*Her hair* he bent down to squat on the floor. Picking up some strands of hair on the floor, he immediately guessed that they were indeed Miyoung's hair. He stood back up and found a pair of scissors in Miyoung's hand.

*She cut her hair?* his eyes widened, not because of the scissors but at something red on the floor. Blood.

"Hey!" he quickly shook Miyoung's shoulder. Lifting her hand which was holding the scissors, he let out a gasp. "Oh my God" was his only response at his discovery on her hand.

A long, deep cut decorated half of her hand. Blood was everywhere within Taemin's eyesight. The wound seemed new, her blood was still dripping down from her arm.

"Help!" Taemin ran outside the room and screamed for help, but it seems like nobody's there. He entered the room again and searched for Miyoung's phone. *WHAT SHOULD I DO?!!*

He found her phone inside her handbag, as expected. He opened the log menu and dialed a random number there.

"Yes, Miyoung--"

"Help me!" Taemin screamed. "Miyoung's bleeding! She's at her office and--"

tuut.tuut.

The person he called hung up.

"!" he threw the phone onto the ground and dashed towards Miyoung. He placed his hands to support her body and lifted her with a bridal style so that he wouldn't hurt her hand any further. "DAMMIT WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU STUPID PSYCHOLOGIST?!" he yelled frustatingly, but actually he wanted somebody to hear him and come to help.

He pushed the lift button repeatedly as if it would make the lift come faster. When the lift opened, he entered it but stopped by someone.

"OH MY GOD" it was Jooyoung. Taemin didn't know anything about Jooyoung and kept stepping inside the lift. Jooyoung pulled his shirt with all her strength and Taemin failed to enter the lift.

The lift closed.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!!" Taemin shouted. "WHY DID YOU PULL ME?!!!"

"Because I have this" Jooyoung lifted a first-aid-box. "Now let me do what should I do"

Taemin ran to Miyoung's office, followed by Jooyoung. He gently placed Miyoung on the analytic sofa while Jooyoung prepared her kits. "Oh my... It was too deep" Jooyoung bit her lip, preventing her tears to fall down.

Taemin didn't want to see the disgusting scene of Jooyoung stitching Miyoung's wound and turned around. Miyoung's phone was on the ground, right beside his sneakers. And the screen was lit up.

He took the phone from the floor and found out that there's a new message there. *Should I open it?* he thought. *I have nothing to lose, though* he thought as he opened the message. He could hear Jooyoung's sobbings behind him, but he felt a little relieved that Miyoung was already treated.

 

That's what you got if you stick near Jiho oppa. Cancel your engagement with him, or you'll get worse, .

 

Taemin's mouth fell agape at the message. It was from a private number, which means the sender doesn't want Miyoung to know her identity. Taemin even knew that the sender is a woman because--

*Wait. She's going to get engaged?* he thought. *And Jiho must be her going-to-be fiancee. That means... she went to a dinner with her boyfriend's family yesterday to discuss about this thing, and... I interrupted*

Uneasy feelings crept to his chest. He felt slightly guilty and his anger for Miyoung instantly dissapeared. *But why did she cry last night? I didn't hear it wrong, right...?*

"Finished" Jooyoung said while wiping the sweat on her forehead. "That was the most tensed 10 minutes in my life" she added.

Taemin slowly turned around and looked at Miyoung's arm. It was stitched and it looks disgusting, but he just shrugged that off. Now that he felt very relieved to see no more blood on her.

"So you're her new client?" Jooyoung asked, tidying up her equipments.

"Yeah" Taemin answered. "Who are you?"

"Kim Jooyoung, the receptionist. And Miyoung's best friend" she seemed proud to say that she's Miyoung's bestie.

"So the one I called earlier was you?" Taemin questioned.

"Yep" Jooyoung responded. "I just arrived here and suddenly got a news that my friend's bleeding" she laughed weakly. "You don't know how it shocks the out of me"

"Whatever" Taemin exhaled.

"I still have to do my job, could you please take care of her?" Jooyoung stood up, her first-aid materials were already in the box.

"But I have no schedule here for today" Taemin refused.

"Neither did she" Jooyoung said. "I have no idea how she got here and ended up bleeding. The psychologists who have schedules today didn't really know her and I couldn't trust her to them. Please"

"But-- Eh... Fine" Taemin sighed. Jooyoung smiled.

"Okay, I'll come here once a while! Thankyou very much!" she bowed before exiting the room.


OH MY GOD 15 SUBSCRIBERS TuT I love you all very much~!!

And for the ones who commented, thankyou so much! I'll update better and faster for you :'D

See you soon! :D