Happy birthday, Taemin [part 1]

The Psychologist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBR-cTDkoPw

EXO K- My Lady


 

"Well, we're here" Taemin stated the obvious. Miyoung nodded weakly. "Let's go"

Miyoung's face brightened a little because Taemin wanted to accompany her. Both of them got off from the car and walked into the hospital after Taemin locking the car doors.

"I'll call my mother first" she announced, grabbing her phone out of her bag. She has taken a bath, of course. Taemin too. Taemin was wearing her father's clothes, which made a great disguise since the clothes were oversized that they covered his whole body. Plus, the top he was wearing was a hoodie. Perfect disguise mode on.

"Mom, it's Miyoung" she started a conversation right after her mother picked up. "I'm at the hospital already. What room are you in? Who's sick?"

"Lavender 429, dear. Come quick..." her mother sounded so desperate, making her to worry even more.

"On my way mom" she hung up. "Lavender 429. Let's go" she informed Taemin. The two of them entered the elevator. Miyoung pressed the button to go to the fourth floor. The whole trip there was spent with silence.

The elevator opened, letting them to go outside. Miyoung stepped out first, followed by Taemin. They immediately arrived at the room because Lavender rooms were the first ones to come in the corridor.

Miyoung knocked the door softly before opening the door a little. Exhaling, she entered the room slowly. Taemin still followed her. "Mom, I'm here..." she whispered.

There were 4 people in the room, surrounding a bed. Her mother was the first one to acknowledge her arrival. "Darling" she quickly hugged Miyoung and cried in her shoulder, making Miyoung's feelings gone wild. *Who the hell is sick?* she thought.

She patted her mother's shoulder and slowly led her mom to walk beside the bed. *Abeoji?*

Jiho's father was lying motionlessly on the bed, wires were everywhere stuck on his body. The only thing heard in the room was the beeping sound of the heart rate monitor. "What happened to abeoji?" Miyoung gently asked to her mother.

"Heart attack" Jiho answered it for her. He wasn't looking good as well, there were black bags hanging under his eyes. His mother sat down beside him, holding his hand all the time.

Taemin was standing alone behind them, near the door. He didn't want to interrupt at all.

Miyoung sighed, closing her eyes. She could feel her father's deadly glare towards her, and she knew why. "Miyoung, let's have a talk outside" her father said in a dangerously serious tone. She obeyed and went outside, walking past Taemin. Her father joined her outside before closing the door. Taemin closed the gap between himself and the door to eavesdrop. Somehow he really wanted to know what they're talking about.

"You filthy little !" he heard a man's voice. Must be Miyoung's father. Then a slap sound was heard. "Your soon to be father in law is in the hospital and you're coming with a man you probably slept with last night!"

His brows raised. *No, who would like to sleep with a girl with pokeballs bra?*

"No, dad. He's my client" Miyoung managed to sound calm.

"Yeah but did you have to come here with him? And you didn't come home yesterday! Aren't there enough proofs?!" her father yelled again. Another sound of a slap was heard.

"Dad I didn't sleep with him. I came here with him because I didn't want to spend my money for a taxi. Please understand my low allowance as a psychologist, dad" she pleaded.

"LOW ALLOWANCE, YOU SAY?! IF YOU DIDN'T SPEND YOUR MONEY FOR YOUR STUPID ONLINE POINT BLANK GAME THEN YOUR ALLOWANCE WON'T BE THAT LOW!!" another slap sound was heard. Honestly, Taemin couldn't stand the slapping sounds, but what could he do? Meddling? It's not his style.

"Dad, please. It's a public place" she said, her voice shaking.

"I scold you wherever I want to" her father answered. "And you better take my orders seriously from now on, Park Miyoung. Or else you won't be a Park anymore" he threatened before going into the room again, without Miyoung behind him. Taemin stepped outside and closed the door. Miyoung was still standing where she stood just now.

"I heard it all" Taemin decided to tell the truth.

"I'm sorry" she said, eventhough she didn't even know what's the meaning behind her sentence.

"Should I go back home?" he asked.

She slowly motioned a nod. "I'm sorry"

"Don't be" Taemin walked past her, patting her head in process.

--------------------

 

"Miyoung, dad's awake" Jiho informed Miyoung. They were eating lunch in the hospital's cafeteria. "Let's go"

"Yeah" Miyoung stood up and left the place, followed by Jiho. Their foods were already paid earlier. The two of them went to the room where Jiho's father was treated and without knocking, Miyoung just barged in.

"Abeoji, you okay?" she directly went beside the bed, worrying.

"I'm okay, my daughter in law" Jiho's father answered. "I'm a strong man"

"Appa" Jiho joined her.

"Jiho, I want to tell you something" his father said. "Listen"

Jiho sharpened his hearing.

"I want you to fully take care of the company" his father started his explanation. "And that means your marriage is coming really soon, because one of the company rules says that the director of the company must be married to lead the company"

The whole room turned silent.

"M-- Marriage? Dad we're not even engaged! And you can take care of the company, right? Why did you ask me to do it?" Jiho was the first one who commented. Miyoung nodded as well.

"I'm getting old, Jiho. I want to enjoy the rest of my life lazying around while seeing my grandchildren playing on the yard... Wow that sounds really good" his father smiled at the thought. Jiho's eyebrows creased.

"But dad, we don't need to rush it, people will be suspicious if the time distance between the engagement and the marriage is too near, right? They might think that Miyoung's already pregnant before our marriage" Jiho didn't know how did he get this idea, but it sounds like a reasonable reason for him.

Miyoung mentally gagged. *Who wants to be pregnant with a like you?*

"Well... That's quite right..." his dad nodded understandingly. "Wait... You didn't make her pregnant did you?"

"No, dad" Jiho made a -______- face. "So will we just wait?"

"Yeah... Maybe we should wait a little longer" his father scratched his head. "Just a little longer"

-------------------

 

"It's my first time visiting oppa's dorm... I hope he's home" Naeun grinned shyly to the camera before knocking the door. A sound of rushing steps were heard from the apartment. Then the door opened.

"Oh, Naeun-ssi!" Key was the one who opened the door. "What are you doing here? What's with the cameras?"

"Eh..." Naeun shyly bowed. "I came here to see Taemin oppa. We're going to have a WGM shoot"

"Oh, isn't your show only shot on Tuesday?" Key asked, not even letting the girl going into the dorm. One of the cameramen waved his hand back and forth, gesturing Key to come inside. Key sighed before saying, "Let's come inside first"

"Yes, oppa" Naeun followed Key into the dorm. Key shuddered at the thought of the girl behind him calling him oppa. He didn't like the people who acted like they knew him, but he held it in.

Taemin was in his bedroom, alone as usual. He was googling Point Blank game on his laptop. Somehow he was interested with that game since Miyoung's father mentioned it when he scolded his own daughter.

"Point Blank is a first person shooter game... Woah" he scrolled down through the page. "You can buy some cash in this game by paying real cash to the admin. With those cash you could buy some useful weapons" he mumbled, reading the writings on the screen. *I wonder how much did she get from her clients. Point Black, Alice Nine albums... No wonder she said she didn't have enough money*

Suddenly he heard some knockings on his door. He quickly closed his laptop and lay down on his bed, pretending to be asleep. His door was slowly opened by no other but Naeun. "Oppa's asleep..." she whispered. "So cute!"

Blinding light from the camera poked through Taemin's eyes, but he forced not to open them.  *What is she doing here? It's Thursday!* he thought. "Let's wake him up~" she tiptoed to Taemin's bed. "Oppa wake up!"

Taemin didn't have another choice but opening his eyes because he'd have to open them eventually. "Ugh... Turn it off" he pointed at the camera. "The light. It's too bright" he complained. "What are you doing here, Naeun-ah?"

"They said it's a sudden shoot! They'll give us a challenge and we'll get a gift from the PD~" Naeun chanted. "Now let's go!"

Taemin mentally sighed while getting off from the bed. "You go outside first. I'm going to change my clothes" he said.

"No you don't need to, Taemin-ssi" the PD said. "It's an indoor challenge, we could do it here now" he said. Taemin nodded absentmindedly as the PD pulled a box out of his bag and placed it on his bed.

"A puzzle?" Naeun asked, surprised.

"You have to finish the puzzle within an hour" the PD said. "Your challenge is just the same as the other couples' challenge. The puzzle was 250-pieced, and the whole arranged puzzle was shown on the cover of the box. Any question?"

Naeun shook her head while Taemin stayed still, extremely unattracted by the thing in front of him.

"Okay, challenge starts!"

Key was watching TV with another members. Jonghyun slept on the floor with his head on Key's lap. Minho was eating chickens with Onew. Lately, Onew has gained trust towards the rapper that he was that kind to share his chickens.

"Minho, hand me the remote" Key ordered.

"Why don't you just take it by yourself hyung" Minho said, still busy with the chickens.

"Because this dino is sleeping on my lap idiot" Key rolled his eyes. Minho pouted while giving Key the TV remote he wanted, then he went back to the food. "Eeww! Your hand is so oily Minho, why didn't you wipe it on your shirt before getting the remote?" he whined.

"Just take the remote and don't nag, hyung" Minho said.

"Ugh. Kids these days" the diva mumbled while flipping through the channel. "Oh, look! The Kim Corporation's director collapsed due to a heart attack!" he stopped right at a news channel. "Ah, they run one of my favorite restaurants! And ONEW'S CHICKEN RESTAURANT!" he deliberately yelled at the chicken restaurant part.

Onew's head jerked up. "WHAT?! NO! DOES IT MEAN THAT THE END IS COMING?! IT'S THE END!!!"

"You know what else is coming?" Key prepared his fist to smack the leader and his frog-eyed follower. Suddenly they heard the door being knocked.

"A guest?" Onew innocently replied. Minho immediately clutched on his stomach, laughing so hard. Key couldn't help but laugh too. "I'll open the door!" the dubu leader beamed while getting up from the couch.

Minho was still laughing.

"Oh, it's Taemin's psychologist!" Onew shouted when he opened the door. "Come in, Miyoung-ssi!" he welcomed the psychologist warmly and closed the door when Miyoung has stepped inside.

"Thankyou, eh--"

"You can call me Onew. By the way, we haven't had any formal introduce, have we?" Onew chuckled. "My name is Lee Jinki, but everybody calls me Onew"

"I'm Park Miyoung--"

"I knew you" Onew cut her. "Let's go inside, we're watching TV" he led the way to the TV. Minho was still laughing.

"Oh, Miyoung-ssi!" Key welcomed her as well. "How are you?"

"I'm fine... Is it Jonghyun who was sleeping on your lap?" she chuckled.

"Yeah, this dino is very attached to me" Key frowned as his fingers began flicking Jonghyun's forehead. "Hey wake up, we have a guest  here!" then he turned his face to Minho. "Minho you better stop laughing because if you don't then I'll throw all the chickens away"

"NO YOU WON'T!" Onew retorted. Minho laughed even more. "STOP LAUGHING YOU BASTARD! HE'S THROWING MY CHICKENS AWAY!!!" Onew exclaimed, yelling to Minho.

"I can buy more chickens for you Onew-ssi" Miyoung offered. "By the way you're so funny when you yell like that" she chuckled.

"Really?" Onew's eyes sparkled.

"Stop it, you old man. You're becoming more and more obsessed with your chickens. And Miyoung, what's up? Don't tell me that Taemin made more problems out there" Key frowned at his own sentence.

"No, I'm actually returning his clothes. He left them when he took a bath at my parents' house just now" Miyoung lifted a plastic bag with Taemin's clothes in it.

The atmosphere turned silent, the only thing heard in the room was the TV.

Miyoung seemed to notice the awkward situation around her and looked at each one of them. "What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?"

"Why did he take a bath at your parents' house?" Minho asked, his wide eyes widened even more. "Did you guys..."

"NO!" Miyoung knew what's inside Minho's head and she quickly declined it. "We went clubbing yesterday and I left my car at the rehab cause we went to the club with Taemin's car, and I was very drunk that Taemin brought me here. Then I asked him to bring me home but my mother told me to go somewhere else right after I arrived home, that's why Taemin took a bath at my parents' house. Because I wanted him to drive me to the place my mother told me to go to" she explained.

"Oh... I thought you two were doing... You know..." Minho rolled his eyebrows in a teasing way. Miyoung blushed, smacking his arm.

"Don't say that. He's just my client" Miyoung looked to her lap.

"Eh... Miyoung-ssi..." Onew called out.

"Yeah?"

"Could you repeat the story? I didn't get it" Onew scratched his nape, slightly confused.

Key sighed. "Ignore this slow grandpa. Taemin is at his room, but he's having a WGM shoot" he informed.

"I thought he has WGM schedule every Tuesday?" she asked.

"I don't know either. Maybe a sudden shoot" Key answered, shrugging.

"Oh..." Miyoung nodded. "Then I'll just give this to you then. Please give it back to Taemin" she handed Key the plastic bag. "I'll get going first. Lots of things to do" she smiled. "See you soon"

-------------------

 

"You're getting engaged tomorrow, darling! Don't eat too much food!" Miyoung's mother warned when she saw her cooking something. In the midnight. "What are you cooking?"

"N-- nothing, mom" she flicked the stove off. "Go to sleep, I'm just getting some snacks"

Her mother stepped closer instead, and looked into the pot on the stove. "Seaweed soup? Who for? You're snacking seaweed soup in the midnight?" her mother interrogated.

"My friend... Uh, it's her birthday tomorrow" she reasoned.

"Who?"

"Uh..." she couldn't say it's Jooyoung, because her mother knew that Jooyoung's birthday is on January and it was still far away. "Hana! Yeah, Hana. She's my friend, she guarded the rehab's receptionist along with Joo. She has the shift after Joo's" she lied.

"Oh..." her mother nodded. "Be careful with the stove, okay? Want me to help you?"

"No, mom. I'm okay" she smiled, relieving because her mother actually believed her. Her mother walked back to her bedroom and slept right away after she touched the bed.

She stirred the soup lots of times, obeying the recipe. The recipe came from internet, that's why she was cooking with her Galaxy tab right beside the stove. Don't try this at home.

"Next, simmer and cover the pot for 20 minutes before seasoning it with salt according to your taste" she read the recipe aloud, nodding. Then she did as it said. She covered the pot with its lid and grabbed her Galaxy tab to the dining table to prevent any damage to her beloved tablet.

20 minutes later...

Miyoung stared at the food inside the pot. *Something's wrong with this soup. The aroma isn't the same as the ones mom made* she thought, reading the recipe over and over again. Then she realized it.

"I forgot the beef..." she mumbled. "If I just put it in now, the seaweed will be overcooked because beef takes long time to soften. Aish" her shoulders deflated. *I'm very tired, though. Tomorrow is my engagement day and I don't want to fall asleep when Jiho's father announced it*

She decided to let the seaweed soup being seaweed soup. Without beef. Moreover, she already bought Taemin a birthday present. Pulling out a vacuum flask from one of the drawers, she poured the seaweed soup into the flask with the help of the ladle.

There was some left in the pot, so she spooned it into another flask. Then she placed the flasks inside the refrigerator. *I hope Taemin like it, though* she yawned, feeling extremely exhausted.

-----------------

 

Taemin looked at the calendar. It was July 18th, his birthday. Will the others congratulated him? Will they even greet him a good morning?

He sighed before going outside the apartment to get the newspaper. However, when he opened the door, he saw 2 vacuum flasks along with a medium sized box with ribbon beside them. There's a message on the box. He read it.

 

To: Taemin

Happy birthday! I made seaweed soup for you, hope you like it! I didn't put beef into it though, so I think the flavor will be strange hehe. Heat the soup in the microwave before eating it, okay? And I hope you like the gift!

Sincerely,

Park Miyoung

 

Taemin unconsciously smiled. He picked up the present and shook it near his ear, then he grinned. Bringing the present and the flasks into the apartment, he eventually forgot about his newspaper.

He poured the soup into a big bowl and heated it in the microwave for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, he kept the present in his bedroom, kept wondering what's inside that box. 10 minutes later, the timer of the microwave dinged before he came rushing to get the soup. He has prepared his own spoon and started eating all by himself.

"Stupid" he mumbled. "This is so delicious..." he didn't stop smiling while eating the soup.

Key suddenly passed by, surprised by the sight of the maknae eating seaweed soup on his birthday. And he was smiling.  "Mind if I join, Taemin?" he asked, getting ready to go away if Taemin didn't answer him.

It took Taemin a few seconds to nod. Key took his own spoon and ate beside him. "You cooked this by yourself?" he questioned, wondering. Maybe Taemin was so happy because he suceeded to cook his own seaweed soup for his own birthday, but wouldn't it sound... weird?

"Miyoung" Taemin's word was enough to send him into a silent state.

"That psychologist of yours changed you a lot, huh?" he smiled. *Thankyou so much, Miyoung-ssi. Our Taemin is now really talking to me! And this is because of you* he mentally grinned.

"Hm" Taemin answered, not even looking at him. But still, Taemin was talking to him and it was more than enough.


Yeaa~ Miyoung's father is such a jerk -....-

More surprise to come on Taemin's birthday! Stay tune~

Don't forget to leave comments! ^^

Btw, how's the new poster? chagimadu unnie made it for me ^^ Do visit her shop! :D

See you soon~