Granny's Day

IT'S YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School time ended and the long vacation started.

Suzy lay in bed only long enough to remember what day it was. It was her grandma’s birthday. She quickly made her bed, and stretched her arms. She looked at herself in the mirror and hastily twisted her long wavy hair into a bun, then, she left her bedroom and made her way to the kitchen. She saw her grandmother preparing the breakfast, so she moved quietly towards her grandma and gave her a back hug. She greeted, “Happy birthday, my dearest granny!”, and gave her grandma a kiss on the cheek.

Grandma Bae broke into a big smile and hugged Suzy. “Thank you, my dear. You’re really sweet!”

“Granny, how about we eat outside? I’ll treat you!”

Grandma Bae chuckled. “Ow. Don’t spend your money, my dear. It’s okay if we’ll just stay home.”

Suzy pouted. “Please, grandma? I’ll treat you. It’s your birthday today. We should celebrate!”

Grandma Bae smiled at Suzy and nodded. “Okay, okay, dear. But first let’s visit your parents tomb.”

Suzy nodded with a smile. “Okay, grandma!”

Suzy helped her grandma prepare their breakfast. While she was stirring her cup of milk, someone pressed the doorbell. She walked towards the door and pushed it open. A guy wearing gray V-neck shirt, black pants carrying a box of cake was standing in front of the door while smiling. Suzy’s eyes widened and hurriedly closed the door. She rushed in front of the mirror and checked herself, then went back to door again and opened it. She gulped and asked, “Wa-why are you here? It’s too early.”

“It was Grandma Bae’s birthday, right?” The guy answered. It was Kim Myungsoo. “I’ll never forget my girlfriend’s birthday. Will you allow me to come in?”

“Uh, sure. Come on in! Uhm…take a seat,” Suzy said. Geez! Do I need to be polite to him? Ugh! Well, he looks handsome today. Did he prepare for it? Tsk. And me, aish…never mind. Suzy called, “Grandma! You have a visitor!”

Grandma Bae answered, “Me? Who?” She walked towards the living room and when she saw Myungsoo, she smiled. “Ow, Myungsoo, is that you?”

Myungsoo stood up, smiled, went towards Grandma Bae and gave her a hug. “Girlfriend, happy birthday! You look more beautiful and young! Tsk. You must have a new boyfriend! Did you already forget about me?”

Suzy was looking at Grandma Bae and Myungsoo. She was smiling. Grandma Bae laughed and hit Myungsoo’s arm lightly. “Aigoo, you’re still such a tease, Myungsoo! Look at you! You get to be more handsome. Hmm, you must have a girlfriend. Who is she huh?”

Myungsoo looked at Suzy and smiled. He saw her smiling. Suzy gulped and left. Grandma Bae saw Myungsoo looked at Suzy and said, “Aigoo, these kids. Are you both keeping a secret huh?”

Myungsoo hooked his arms on Grandma’s shoulders. “Nope. You’re still my girlfriend, honey.”

Suzy went at the kitchen and continued stirring her milk. Grandma came beside her and asked, “He looks more handsome, isn’t he?”

“Grandma! Hm, yes?” Suzy smiled.

Grandma Bae teased Suzy. “It’s okay to be honest, my dear. I like him for you.” She smiled and prepare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter