Chapter 8

When Dreams Come True (Sequel to Cinderella)

                *Author's Note* I'm SO sorry that it has been so long since I updated this story :( I kinda lost my momentum on what to write for the next chapter and I said to myself "I'll write one shots to get inspired" and then I had several requests and got so caught up in that to the point of neglecting this. Mianhae!!! But, this chapter is nice and long, so I hope I made up for it ;) Okay...I don't know how many of you reading this/subscribed to this read my other stories, but based on my Hoon one shot I wrote, I decided to include the female character from that one shot in to this story. So, if you have not read it, here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/434743/forbidden-love-oneshot-hoonukiss-ukisshoonmin-hoon-hoonmin-confession-ukisshoon Enjoy!!! Love you all SO MUCH!!! Thank you for being patient with me! ^__^

 

                “How are you feeling right now? Are you excited about coming along with us?” Soohyun asked Jayne as they exited the company van outside of Seoul Incheon International Airport.

                “Very excited! This will be a new experience for me. I haven’t travelled outside of Korea besides what I’ve done in the US.” Jayne pulled the hoodie over her head and wrapped her hands around the straps of her backpack. She prayed she would blend in and not cause any fans that may have gathered at the airport a reason to get upset. Their manager guided all of them to the designated counter at the terminal to get their tickets and check in their baggage. A few fans had gathered to see the guys off. Because the crowd wasn’t too overwhelming, they acknowledged them and took a few pictures. An announcement was made over the intercom calling the boarding for their flight. The members said their goodbyes to their fans and Jayne waited for them along with their manager at the tunnel that led to the airplane entrance. Taking their seats in the first class section, Soohyun put his and Jayne’s backpacks in the overhead bin above their seats. Half an hour later, the door to the airplane closed and started making its journey down the runway for takeoff. Soon after the plane started to ascend into the air, Jayne glanced at the time on her phone and stretched slightly as she yawned.

                “You seem tired, jagi-ya. Are you going to take a nap?” Soohyun whispered softly, placing a sweet kiss on her forehead.

                “I probably will. What are you going to do?” Jayne asked as she smiled from his kiss.

                “I don’t know. I might see what movie they will be showing for the flight. Maybe listen to some music or play on my phone.  I’ll probably fall asleep soon though, too.” Soohyun hit the button for the flight attendant to stop by. Five minutes later the female flight attendant arrived.

                “Yes sir, is there anything I can help you with?”

                “May I have two pillows and a blanket, please?” He grinned. She nodded and within a few moments reappeared with what he requested. He thanked her and turned to Jayne. “Here you go, sweetie. I want you to be as comfortable as possible.” Jayne leaned slightly forward so he could place the pillow behind her head. He loosely draped the blanket over her body.

                “You are so thoughtful and kind. I’m so lucky to be yours. Saranghae, yeobo.” Jayne said softly. Soohyun gently her cheek and when he was done, tilted her chin up so that he could kiss her. Their lips met and sparks flew between them. The kiss was tender and sweet. They both took their time exploring each others’ mouths, not having a care in the world who was around them.

                “Aaaawwww, they’re so cute. They need to just get married already!” Kevin said to no one in particular.

                “It’ll be so weird for Soohyun to be married, tho. I mean, we’re all bound to have it happen to us in the future. I guess I just didn’t think it would happen so soon.” Kiseop replied from his seat.

                “I wonder if they’ve set a date, yet. Do you think they’ll get an apartment together?” Hoon asked with curiosity.

                “I haven’t heard of a date. I’m sure if they had picked one out, Soohyun would be blabbing about it nonstop.” Dongho said as the others agreed.

                “Well, I’m glad that they’re both happy. I wish nothing but the best for them and a long and prosperous future as husband and wife.” Eli sighed as he hoped his relationship with Jenna could end up like theirs in the future.

                “As soon as Soo moves out, I’m taking over his bedroom. I can’t wait!” Dongho cheered as Hoon glared at him.

                “YAH! What makes you think you’ll be getting his room?” Hoon called out from three seats away.

                “Uh, because I’m the maknae. I need room to grow. I AM the tallest one in the group right now.” Dongho flashed a smug grin.

                “It’s because you’re the maknae that I deserve to get Soo’s room. I’m older than you, so you need to show respect for your hyung and allow me the honor of getting what will rightfully be mine.” Hoon replied as Dongho rolled his eyes. Before Hoon could get another word in edgewise, Dongho slipped his earbud headphones into his ears and plugged it in to the outlet on his phone.

                “Aish…” Hoon seethed thru his teeth. AJ gently placed his hand over Hoon’s arm.

                “Just let it go, Hoonie. You need to pick which battles to fight over…this isn’t one of them. Let Dongho think he won and when the time comes, show him otherwise.” AJ said calmly as he felt Hoon start to relax under his touch.

                “You’re right. Nothing to get so upset over…” Hoon sighed.

                “Just enjoy your flight. We have a good 6.5 hours before we land. Make the most out of it.” AJ returned to reading his book.

                Soohyun interlaced his fingers between Jayne’s and softly her thumb as she reclined her seat back. “Sweet dreams, darling.” He cooed as he softly kissed the tip of her nose. Jayne smiled and closed her eyes.

***

                “Looks like you guys have quite a gathering of fans waiting for you.” Their manager frowned as they were walking thru the tunnel to lead them to the terminal of Singapore Changi Airport. “Jayne, why don’t you stick with me. I don’t want the swarm of fans to do something crazy.” Jayne nodded and once they had received their luggage, the entourage made their way to the lobby. Jayne couldn’t believe her eyes as she saw a literal wall of fans lined up waiting to catch a glimpse of the guys. She admired their devotion, but at the same time was taken aback at the lengths they went to do so. The members of U-Kiss were so nice and loving towards their fans, tho. Kevin beamed his humungous grin and was waving to the cameras on the fans’ phones. All of them waved and acknowledged the fans. Luckily there was enough airport security to keep the fans back at a safe distance. It took a good fifteen minutes to finally reach the van waiting for them outside. Once they were buckled up and their luggage was placed in the trunks of several cars, they were on their way to the hotel.

                “Oh my word…so that is what you have to deal with from fans every now and then? I can see why it’s hard for you to go out and do certain things. Aigoo.” Jayne said as she glanced back to the airport that was fading in the distance.

                “Are you okay, jagi-ya? You don’t regret coming along with us, do you?” Soohyun said worriedly.

                “Not at all. I guess I just never knew fans could be like that. I’m sure it’s not all of them. I guess because I don’t really go with you behind the scenes and watch from the fans’ point of view, I never thought about the other perspective.” Jayne replied quickly, trying to reassure her fiancé.

                “You seem a bit shell-shocked. I’m sorry we didn’t warn you about the potential of what some fans do. We love them all, but sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming. Sad to say, we’ve gotten used to it by now. Maybe that’s why we’re not as weirded out by it as you are. I guess it comes with the territory of being a KPop Idol.” Eli stated as he softly rubbed Jayne’s back to soothe her.

                “I guess I am a bit, huh?” Jayne chuckled as the others nodded. Dongho started to imitate her face and then pretended to be a crazy fan. The whole van erupted into laughter. Twenty minutes later they pulled up to the hotel and made their way into the lobby. Once they had checked in, they made their way over to the elevators to go to their designated rooms.

                “Jayne, I decided to put you in a room with the beauticians. I hope that’s okay.” Their manager said as he handed Jayne her room key.

                “Of course. Why would I have an issue with that?” Jayne replied as the manager smiled. She waved to the guys after they got off the elevator and searched for the room number that was designated for her. After placing the electronic card into the key slot and gaining access into the room, she placed her luggage over by the desk in the corner of the room. Having a bit of free time before the guys were going to their first event, Jayne decided to relax on the bed. She had just closed her eyes when she heard the door open and close.

                “Mianhae. I didn’t mean to disturb you.” The female voice spoke in Korean as she tip-toed over to the spare bed.

                “It’s okay. I was just relaxing. No need to apologize. I’m Jayne Fleming. Pleased to meet you.” Jayne replied back in Korean as she stood up and slightly bowed.

                “Wait…THE Jayne Fleming? The one that Soohyun keeps gushing about?” She exclaimed as Jayne started to turn a crimson red.

                “Yeah…that’s me.” Jayne shyly replied.

                “It’s so nice to meet you. My name is Pak Mi-Cha. I’m the hairdresser and makeup artist for U-Kiss.” Mi-Cha bowed back. They sat down opposite each other on their beds. Jayne went to brush a strand of her hair behind her ear, when Mi-Cha noticed the engagement ring on Jayne’s finger. “Omo… is that what I think it is?” Mi-Cha gasped. Jayne looked slightly confused until Mi-Cha pointed to where she was looking.

                “Oh, the ring? Yeah. Soohyun proposed two weeks before their debut of Collage. I still have days where I can’t believe we’re going to be getting married.” Jayne sighed contently.

                “Have you decided on a date, yet?” Mi-Cha asked bubbily after observing her ring up close.

                “Not yet. I know they have their tour now and stuff they’ll be doing individually over the summer. I’m willing to work around his schedule. It’s hard. I want it to be memorable but not be too over-the-top. I don’t want to stress myself out with all the minute details.” Jayne said as Mi-Cha nodded.

                “I can’t blame you one bit. I hope everything will fall into place smoothly.” Mi-Cha said as she ran a brush thru her hair. “Well, we have about two hours before leaving for their first appearance. Did you want to see what movies are on TV?” Mi-Cha asked as she held up the movie guide that lay on the nightstand between their beds.

                “Sure. Let’s see what one might be fun to watch.” Jayne grabbed two pillows that were behind her and lay on her stomach, her arms and chin resting on them. After flipping thru a few choices, both females decided on one to watch and became engrossed in the TV.

***

                Two hours later a knock was heard on Jayne’s and Mi-Cha’s room. Mi-Cha got up and answered it since she was closest to the door. Turning off the TV with the remote she explained that they needed to head down to the lobby to meet the others. Slipping on her shoes, Jayne checked her appearance in the mirror and grabbed her hoodie and sunglasses. It wasn’t long before the van had pulled up to the radio station that the guys would be making an appearance on. They were ushered to a designated room where the hair and makeup would be applied. The attire was more casual since it was a radio interview, but some pictures would be taken, so outfits were chosen for the guys to wear. Jayne mingled with some of the members and the other two beauticians that were doing hair and makeup for the guys.  When U-Kiss was ushered into the recording booth for the radio interview, Jayne joined the staff for some dinner a few doors down. They had a mini radio to listen to the DJ conducting the interview and occasionally they would burst out into laughter based on how U-Kiss answered some of the questions. Once the radio show was done, everyone was taken back to the hotel so they could get the sleep they needed for the early morning ahead.

                “Jayne, come to my room. I want to spend some time with my beautiful wife-to-be.” Soohyun purred in her ear after the elevator brought them up to the floor they were staying on.

                “Mmmmm. Okay, yeobo.” Jayne sighed as she held his hand. “Mi-Cha, I’m going to Soohyun’s room for a bit. I’ll be back later. I’ve got my key, so I’ll try not to disturb you in case you fall asleep.” She explained as Mi-Cha grinned at the engaged couple.

                “Have fun. If I’m not awake when you come in, have good dreams.” Mi-Cha replied as she made her way to their room.

                Soohyun was sharing a room with Hoon and AJ. The rest of U-Kiss was gathered in the next room getting ready to watch a movie. “I thought with the others next door that we’d have some time to spend as a couple. There’s something that I’ve been meaning to ask you.” Soohyun said as he opened the sliding door to the balcony. He waited for Jayne to cross over the threshold and slid the door back into place. There were two lounging chairs that they both settled into. He gently brought her left hand up to his mouth and planted soft kisses on the back of it. “We need to think of a wedding date. I’ve got a clearer picture of our schedule now that we’re on tour from manager-nim. Do you have a certain date that you’d like for us to marry?”

                Jayne sighed and pondered for a few minutes. “Um, why don’t you tell me what all you have going on in the next few months and I’ll decide from there.”

                “Well, we have a few tour dates. After here we go to Indonesia and then from May 31st to June 15th, Kevin and I are going to be in a musical called ‘Summer Snow.’ That will be in Japan. The end of July we’ll be doing our concert at several venues in Japan until the end of August.” Soohyun replied.

                “Yeobo, I have a confession to make. Please don’t be mad at me.” Jayne said nervously. Soohyun shifted in his chair so that he was focusing all his attention on her.

                “What is it, jagi-ya?” He asked softly, urging her to continue.

                “I don’t want a big over-the-top fancy-schmansy wedding. I know this will be a day that both of us will remember for years to come, but I don’t want either of us getting stressed over the little things. I want it to be small and intimate. Is that okay?” Jayne said quietly, hanging her head for fear of seeing his reaction. He softly placed his hand under her chin and tilted it up so their eyes connected.

                “Baby, I’d do anything for you. I know you’re not one to be materialistic. It’s fine. Have you thought of where you’d like to get married?” Soohyun asked as Jayne relaxed.

                “We can do a traditional Korean wedding. Invite the guys and a few guests. I know it may be difficult for my family to fly out. Maybe we can have a small ceremony the next time I plan on visiting the States.” Jayne breathed in the cool breeze that was passing by them.

                “No family at all? Can you at least see if they can try to make it? I know my mom and sister would love to meet your mom and dad.”

                “Well, let’s think of a date and I can pass along the message. The worst they can say is ‘no,’ right?” Jayne replied as Soohyun nodded. “You mentioned a break between your musical with Kevin and the Japanese tour dates. How about we get married near the end of June? Is that too soon?”

                “I think that sounds perfect. Where should we go for our honeymoon?” Soohyun said with excitement.

                “What about Jeju Island? I’m sure it’s so beautiful there.” Jayne sighed contently.

                “I’d love that! I feel so happy, Jayne! C’mere…” Soohyun grabbed her arm and pulled her body onto his lap. Their mouths instantly connected and Soohyun felt like his body had exploded in sheer joy. Their lips devoured each other hungrily as Jayne’s hand softly played thru his locks.

 

                An hour and a half had passed by before AJ and Hoon made their way into the room. Jayne and Soohyun faintly heard the sound of them coming in and glancing at her watch, she stood up and mentioned to Soohyun that she needed to head back to her room. He captured her lips once more with a goodnight kiss. After saying her goodbyes to AJ and Hoon, Jayne walked down the hallway until she was in front of her door. Placing the card key into the slot, she gently opened the door. Mi-Cha had fallen asleep, so Jayne made sure to be as quiet as possible. Slipping under the covers, Jayne couldn’t wipe the grin off her face as she realized in two months she would become Soohyun’s wife.

***

                Three days had passed quickly and Jayne was catching a flight back to Korea with AJ, Eli, and Kevin. The three members of U-Kiss had formed their first sub-unit called uBEAT. Although AJ and Eli were the true members, Kevin was debuting on their first album. They had a week before their next show on their tour for Indonesia. uBEAT had their first appearance back in Korea, so it was the perfect opportunity for Jayne to go with them to return to her job at the hagwon. Eli and AJ had seats on the left side of the plane, while Kevin and Jayne had aisle seats. They were in first class again, and moments after take-off, Kevin and Jayne started chit-chatting about little things.

                “So, does Yumi enjoy going to Pai Chai University?” Kevin asked. It threw Jayne off guard because she was under the impression that the two of them were communicating with each other. Then again, with U-Kiss’ Korean comeback and their 3rd full album underway, it made sense that Kevin’s schedule would be hectic to say the least.

                “She seems to enjoy it. I know she has her moments where she feels overwhelmed and frustrated. Sarah has been such a blessing, though! I’m glad that they have gotten close. Have you been able to keep in touch with her?”Jayne asked as Kevin started to blush.

                “Um…I’ve sent her a few texts here and there. We talk when we can.” Kevin shyly replied, trying to downplay the new color in his face.

                “I see.” Jayne said coyly. Kevin just nibbled on his lip and nodded. “Kevin, give it up. I know that you like Yumi. Anyone would be blind not to notice.” Jayne smirked. Kevin looked at Jayne in shock. “Why are you so surprised? You think this noona wouldn’t see it from a mile away?”

                “I figured you had a clue, but you never mentioned anything…” Kevin mumbled quietly.

                “So, what do you plan on doing about it?” Jayne asked in all seriousness.

                “Well, I was kinda hoping you could help me out with that…” Kevin gave her an aegyo pout and battered his eyelashes.

                “Aigoo…you’re hopeless, child. What can noona do for you?” Jayne rolled her eyes, making Kevin laugh.

                “I need some advice on how to ask her out.” Kevin nervously played with her fingers.

                “Ho ho…what makes you think she wants to go out with you?” Jayne nudged him with her arm. Kevin looked like he had his heart ripped out from his body. “Oh geez, Kevin..I was just joking!” Jayne quickly said, trying to reassure him.

                “Are you sure? I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t want to be with me.” Kevin hung his head.

                “Am I missing something here? What would give you an impression like that? Did something happen that I don’t know about?” Jayne started to worry.

                “N-no. Not that I can think of. You really think she likes me?” Kevin asked meekly.

                “I know for a fact that she does. I don’t get to talk to her too often, but she has asked certain things about you. She gets that dreamy look in her eyes when we’ve Skyped when your name is brought up. My advice is to take it slow, Kevin. The both of you deserve to get to know one another and not rush into this. Besides, Yumi is pretty much like a daughter to me. You break her heart and I break your face, capiche?” Jayne grinned as Kevin swallowed nervously. “Aigoo, Kevin…sometimes I wonder if you know when I’m joking. So, tell me how you plan on asking her out. I’m tickled to hear what you have up your sleeve.”

                “Well, here’s what I was thinking…” Kevin started to explain thoughts that were going on in his head. The remainder of the flight went smoothly. Jayne and Kevin hashed out the plans for Kevin’s first date with Yumi. The smile on Kevin’s face would not be easily erased for the remainder of the day.