Chapter 10

When Dreams Come True (Sequel to Cinderella)

             Jayne was beyond ecstatic when she exited her car in the parking lot of Seoul Incheon International Airport. In a mere two days, she would be the blushing bride getting married to her best friend, Soohyun. Making her way into the airport, she glanced at the monitors that displayed the flights with their departures and arrivals. Once her eyes connected with her family’s flight, she noted the time and glanced at her phone. Deciding on preoccupying her mind to keep from going insane, she noticed a coffee shop inside the terminal a few feet away and decided to get an iced coffee to pass the time.

            “That’s just what you need, Jayne...coffee to keep you calm!” Jayne berated herself in the recesses of her mind. After absentmindedly chewing on her lip, she decided to get the caffeinated drink anyway and peered at the time on her phone once more. Moments later, a female voice prompted an announcement over the loudspeaker of her family’s flight arriving. Her heart immediately started to skip a beat. After giving the cashier her payment, she took a tiny sip of her vanilla iced coffee and walked towards the area where the passengers would be gathering at the baggage claim. Jayne knew that her family would be a bit longer than normal passengers off the flight since they would have to go through customs.

            Jayne’s phone chirped a tune, notifying her of a new text message. “Annyeong <3 How are things going at the airport? Still waiting on them? o.O” Jayne immediately went to work on her response.

            “Hey, Yumi ^^ They should be arriving any moment. I’m spazzing out so bad right now xD” Jayne sent the message and smiled at the picture of Soohyun on her phone for the background screen. She allowed her greyish-blue eyes to scan every detail of her engagement ring. Her mind began to wander over past details of the wonderful memories her and Soohyun shared.

            “JJJJJAAAAAYYYYYYNNNNNNEEEEEEEE” A distant male voice screamed. Snapping herself back to reality, she lifted her head to the direction of the voice. A humungous grin overwhelmed her face and she ran to meet him halfway. They both arrived at the same spot minutes later and Jayne was scooped up into a tight hug while being spun around simultaneously.

            "Stephen! It’s so good to see you. How’s my big brother? I’m so glad you were able to make it for the wedding!” Jayne said as she tried to catch her breath once he gently placed her back on the ground.

            “But of course I had to come! I wouldn’t miss it for the world! So, decided to marry a local guy, huh? I trust your judgment, though. Remember, if he ever breaks your heart...I’ll break his face!” Stephen ruffled her hair, making Jayne shoot him a death glare.

            “Seriously, Stephen??? We’re not kids anymore. Aish! Just because you’re taller doesn’t mean you have the right to ruin my hair. Urgh!” Jayne pouted with tons of aegyo, making Stephen wonder what in the world she was doing.

            “Wait until I show you around! There’s so much for you all to see!” Jayne said getting hyper.

            “I bet! I’m sure a nap will be in order first. So, are there any hot chicks here you can introduce me to?” Stephen elbowed her lightly.

            “You never know...I just might. Guess you’ll have to treat me nice to find out.” Jayne stuck her tongue out. Before Stephen could respond, Jayne’s mom and dad walked over and wrapped their daughter in a hug.

            “I can’t believe my baby is all grown up! Getting married...I still can’t process it!” Jayne’s Dad replied as he kissed her forehead.

            “Mom, is Dad going to be like Steve Martin from Father of the Bride???” Jayne asked nervously.

            “I’ll make sure to keep him in line. Don’t you worry about him. I know you have enough on your mind with what will be taking place in the next few days.” Jayne’s Mom grinned as she placed a kiss on her cheek.

            “Thanks, Mom. I know I can always count on you! So, how about we get the luggage and I’ll take you guys back to my place.” Jayne winked at everyone before they went to the baggage claim area.

***

   

            “So, Jayne, you like living here in Korea?” Her mom asked as they pulled up into the parking lot of her apartment.

            “I really do. Of course I miss certain things that you can only experience back in the States, but Korea has really grown on me.” Jayne sighed contently. After unloading their luggage from her car, the four of them made their way up to her apartment. After keying in her code, Jayne was surprised to hear some voices inside.

            “Yah! Don’t make fun of me! You make it sound as if I like being in this predicament.” Yumi’s voice carried out from the bedroom.

            “Hello? Who’s here?” Jayne called out hesitantly as she held the front door open wide enough for her family to walk through.

            “NOONA!” Dongho bounced excitedly into the living room, but stopped short upon seeing the guests accompanying her.

            “It’s okay, Dongho,...they don’t bite. Mom, Dad, Stephen,...this is the youngest member of the U-Kiss group.” Jayne grinned as Dongho bowed respectively towards them.

            “It’s a pleasure meeting you.” Jayne’s mom spoke up as Dongho smiled sweetly.

            “Dongho, who else is here? I wasn’t expecting anyone over here today. Did you forget I was picking up my family today?” Jayne asked curiously.

            “It may have slipped our minds. You know how hectic our schedule has been lately.” Dongho said sheepishly. “But, we figured today would be a good day as any to try and get Soohyun’s stuff moved over to your place before the wedding. Eli, Yumi, AJ, and I are here. I don’t know if the others will be by later or not. Did you want me to tell them not to come? I know it might get a bit crowded with your family here.”

            “Um...well, how much more stuff will you need to bring over?” Jayne asked as she motioned for her family to make themselves comfortable on the couch.

            “Not too much. We got most of the big stuff moved first. Do you want me to tell the others to take a break so you can spend time with your family?” Dongho replied.

            “Mom...dad...what do you think? Do you want some privacy?” Jayne inquired.

            “I don’t want them to leave on our behalf…” Jayne’s mom said as Jinx came waltzing into the living room.

            “Why don’t you have the others take a break for a minute so I can introduce them to the family.” Jayne spoke to Dongho as he nodded and went to find them.

            “So tomorrow is the dress rehearsal for the wedding? How exciting! Are you nervous?” Jayne’s mom asked as Jinx started to rub up against her leg, purring softly.

            “It seems all like a dream to me. I know it’s going to happen, but part of me just can’t quite comprehend it.” Jayne said nervously.

            “Yumi!” Stephen gasped in shock as he got up and hugged her tightly.

            “Stephen, you got to make it? It’s so good to see you!” Yumi’s face brightened immensely at seeing Jayne’s older brother. Eli, AJ, and Dongho stared dumbfounded at the exchange between the two.

            “I guess introductions are in order…” Jayne spoke up as she cleared . “Mom, dad, Stephen, this is AJ and Eli.” Her family and the members of U-Kiss exchanged greetings. “Guys, my brother, Stephen, is a good friend of Yumi.” Jayne added as an afterthought.

            “So, what was all the commotion about earlier when we were coming in? Does big brother, Stephen, have to come to Yumi’s aid?” Stephen raised his eyebrow as he glanced in the guys’ direction. At 6’3” he was quite a force to be reckoned with! AJ, Eli, and Dongho nervously gulped at his suggestion.

            “Oh,...you know boys will be boys. I was being made fun of for not being able to lift the boxes. I can’t help it that I have spaghetti arms!!! I do better at unpacking and putting things in order, anyway!” Yumi crossed her arms in front of her chest and huffed, causing a few strands of hair around her face to move.

            “Well, if anything, you can use the empty boxes as weights to build up muscle, right?” Stephen teased as he ruffled up her hair.

            “YAH! First the guys, and now you...urgh! Ms. Fleming...make them stop!” Yumi whined. Jayne immediately went over and consoled Yumi.

            “It’s okay, Yumi,...noona is here. Shame on you guys for treating her this way. I expect better from you!” The ahjumma glare Jayne beamed in the direction of the U-Kiss members, including her brother, made them think twice on saying anything further. “Let’s go to the kitchen, Yumi...I have something that will make you feel better.” Jayne escorted her there and moments later Yumi was squealing in delight.

            “For me??? Seriously? When did you get these? You’re the best!!!” Yumi bounced up and down.

            “Let’s just say I know a friend who knows a friend…” Jayne giggled. This conversation had piqued the guys interest and they looked at each other and then towards the kitchen before Yumi skipped out to have a seat at the dining room table.

            “YOU GOT COOKIES??? NO FAIR! NNNNOOOOOONNNNNAAAAAAA, where’s mine???” Dongho pleaded.

            “Not just any cookies...OREOS...BOOM! How you like THEM apples!” Yumi  gloated.

            “Mom, dad...would you like a snack? Some coffee, tea, or a drink?” Jayne offered, ignoring Dongho’s request.

            “Uh, if you want to make some coffee, I’ll have a cup.” Her dad suggested.

            “Would it be too much to ask for a cup of tea?” Her mom asked.

            “Not at all. I’ll get started on both.” Jayne smiled. Dongho took this as his cue to corner Jayne in the kitchen and get her to give in to his sweet tooth.

   

            After Jayne’s family and three members of U-Kiss had a bit of time to socialize and chat over a snack, the guys and Yumi went back to their task of unpacking.

            “Jayne, sweetie, would it bother you if I went to take a quick nap? I guess the time zone has gotten the best of me.” Jayne’s mother asked.

            “Of course not! Why would it be a problem? Feel free to sleep in my bed.” Jayne led her mom down the hallway to her room.

            “I think I’m going to do the same. It was nice getting to know you.” Jayne’s father addressed the guys before tagging along behind Jayne and his wife.

            “Noona, we’re going to leave and get some more of Soohyun’s stuff from his place. Will that be okay, or should we wait until your parents wake up from their nap?” Eli said after Jayne came back into the living room.

            “As long as you guys are quiet, I don’t see a problem. Is there a lot of stuff left?”

            “I’d say maybe two or three more car loads. Shouldn’t take too long if we use all the hands that are here.” AJ grinned his kitty smile. Jayne gave them a thumbs up and upon her approval, Eli, Dongho, Yumi, and him left to gather the next load.

            “Well, looks like I’ll be going through the boxes and seeing what I can unpack. If you need anything, let me know.” Jayne kissed Stephen on the cheek.

            “I’m feeling a bit sluggish. You won’t mind if I crash on the couch, would you?” Stephen yawned.

            “Are you sure you don’t want to sleep in the guest bed?” Jayne said as she glanced at the couch, not thinking it to be as comfortable as the bed.

            “I’m sure. Besides, I’m sure they’ll be bringing more boxes into that room, right?”

            “Oh...yeah...didn’t think about that. Well, if you’re sure…” Jayne trailed off. Stephen shooed her away, making Jayne go to search for a box where she could begin unpacking.

 

            Soohyun pulled his car up into Jayne’s apartment parking lot with a humongous grin on his face. With a bouquet of fresh flowers in hand, he made his way up to her door. Not knowing if she would be home or not, he keyed in her passcode to the front door and quietly closed it behind him.

            “Who are you?” A male voice asked. Soohyun immediately turned around and saw a tall, white male stretched out on the couch.

            “I’m sorry. This is Jayne’s apartment, right?” Soohyun stuttered in shock.

            “It is. I’m wondering who you are, though.” The tone in his voice was not welcoming at all.

            “I’m her fiancé, Soohyun. And you are?” Soohyun gripped on to the flowers to make sure he didn’t drop them.

            “She didn’t mention me at all? I’m surprised...I thought you would have known by now…” He continued. Soohyun’s face turned pale as he started to question what was going on.

            “What do you mean by that?” Soohyun was wondering where everyone was. Why would this guy be at her apartment all by himself? Something didn’t feel quite right.

            “Yeobo!” Jayne gasped as she was making her way into the kitchen to get a drink of water. “Aaawww, are those for me?” Soohyun glanced down at the flowers and then nodded as he held them out for her.

            “So, I see you’ve met my brother, Stephen. He’s not giving you a hard time, is he?” Soohyun shook his head vigorously and laughed as he realized how foolish he was to think that Jayne would do something like that to him.

            “Not at all. We were just getting to know each other.” Stephen smirked.

            “Don’t mind him. He just likes causing trouble. Come into the kitchen with me and help me find a vase for these flowers.” Jayne said to her fiance. He happily obliged to rid himself of the awkward environment. He didn't know if it was his imagination, but he could have sworn he saw Stephen taking his two fingers and pointing them at his own eyes before directing them towards him; almost like an “i’m watching you” gesture.

            “I’m so sorry I didn’t call before coming over. I forgot about you mentioning that you’d be picking up your family. Where’s your mom and dad?” Soohyun took a pair of scissors and cut the stems before placing them in the vase Jayne provided.

            “They’re taking a nap in my bed. Eli, AJ, Dongho, and Yumi were over earlier. They went back to your place to get more boxes.” Jayne fluffed the flowers to make sure they surrounded every inch of the vase. Upon turning around, she draped her arms around Soohyun’s neck and gingerly played with his hair.

            “So, tomorrow we’ll be doing the rehearsal for the wedding, huh? Can’t believe we’ll be married in two days!” Soohyun said in amazement.

            “You’re telling me! I’m so excited!” Jayne sealed her declaration with a sweet, passionate kiss.

            “Two more days, jagiya...I won’t have any to hold back any longer...every inch of your body will be mine.” Soohyun teased against her neck. Jayne felt like her whole body was Jell-o.

            “Soo...you need to stop…” Jayne blushed a crimson red at the mention of his words.

            “You make it sound like that’s a bad thing.” Soohyun pouted, making Jayne giggle nervously.

            “No,...it’s just...I guess I’m a bit anxious as well as nervous. It will be our first time. I know it’ll be so special; especially since we’ll be husband and wife.” Jayne stuttered as she spoke in a barely-audible whisper.

            “You’re not the only one, jagiya. You’ve waited for me all this time through all the trials and tribulations that comes with my crazy lifestyle as a KPop idol. You are my rock and someone that I love dearly. You are my Cinderella and it will be my honor to make every dream you wish come true!” Soohyun softly her cheek before kissing her once more.”

            “Saranghae, yeobo. Two more days until we get to spend the rest of our lives together.” Jayne touched her forehead against his and gave him an Eskimo kiss, as she closed her eyes and sighed contently.

            “A..AHEM” Jayne and Soohyun nearly jumped out of their skin at the sound. Looking up, Jayne saw her brother, Stephen, standing at the entrance to the kitchen.

            “Good-ness, Stephen...are you trying to wake the dead? Is there something I can help you with?” Jayne asked as Soohyun loosened his hold around her waist.

            “Sorry, sis. I didn’t know how to break up the lovefest going on between you two. Uh...I don’t mean to be rude, but I’m kinda hungry. You have a snack I can munch on?” Stephen battered his eyelashes to make his point.

            “Uh...sure...lemme see what I have. Anything in particular?” Jayne made her way over to the refrigerator and took a glance inside as her hands started to shove items to the side to see what was in the back.

            “Whatever you think will do. I trust your judgment.” Stephen looked to make sure that Jayne was still preoccupied with the food in the fridge before shooting daggers in Soohyun’s direction. After a few minutes, Jayne emerged with some leftover bibimbap.

            “How about I heat this up? It may not look like much, but it will satisfy your hunger.” Jayne walked over and showed Stephen the contents.

            “Sounds good. I’m so hungry I could eat a horse.” Stephen rubbed his stomach to emphasize his point. After the meal was done in the microwave, Jayne handed him the container and a pair of chopsticks.

            “How am I supposed to eat with this?” Stephen asked puzzledly; his eyebrow raised at the thought of using them.

            “Aigoo...I’m so sorry. I didn’t even think about that.” Jayne grabbed the chopsticks and placed them back in the drawer where they came from. Handing him a spoon, Stephen grinned and gave her a peck on the cheek.

            “Thanks, sis. You’re the best!” Stephen made his way to the dining room table and started to shove enormous bites into his mouth.

            “Kinda reminds me of Dongho.” Jayne giggled to herself. Shaking her head, she slipped her hand into Soohyun’s and led him to the couch. Once they were both seated, Jayne snuggled up next to him, breathing in his faint cologne. “This seems so surreal. Looking at the boxes earlier, I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.” Jayne whispered up against his neck.

            “I know...I feel the same way. Are you happy to have me move in?” Soohyun searched her expression.

            “Sssssooooooooo excited. I hope I can be the best wife ever.” Jayne blushed.

            “Why are you even questioning yourself? I know you will be.” Soohyun gently tilted her chin up and delicately kissed her soft lips.

            “Mmmm, that was actually pretty good. You sure know how to make your meals hit the spot. I guess I’ll be able to take that nap now that I meant to take earlier.” Stephen interrupted. Soohyun bit his lip trying to refrain himself from saying something he shouldn’t.

            “Well, here, go ahead and have the couch back. I need to call the guys and see when they’re coming over with the next load. Lemme grab a pillow and blanket to make you more comfortable.” Jayne rose from her sitting position and went to gather the items from the spare bed. Soohyun immediately grabbed his phone from his pant pocket and made a beeline for the bathroom to escape the awkward environment.

             “Here you go. Sweet dreams.” Jayne planted a kiss on her brother’s cheek upon returning.

             “Hey Dongho...heard you were helping out earlier. When will you guys be returning? I need you to do me a favor when you get here.” Soohyun texted. He took a glance at himself in the bathroom mirror and couldn’t shake the uneasiness in the pit of his stomach. Before he could ponder on his thoughts, his phone vibrated on the bathroom sink.

             “Shouldn’t be much longer. We were just packing up a few other boxes. Did you need me to bring something over? What’s the favor you need?” Dongho replied.

             “Oh no...nothing like that. Just need your opinion on a situation. Well, look forward to seeing you guys. See you all in a little while.” Soohyun sighed as he pressed the “send” button. Deciding that Dongho’s answer was sufficient to calm his nerves, he took a deep breath and slowly opened the door to exit into the hallway.

             “Oh good, there you are. I just got off the phone with Yumi. She said that they are almost done with loading the cars and should be here in the next half hour or so.” Jayne beamed.

             “Yeah, Dongho said the same. Well, looks like we’re almost done with the move. All we’ll have to do now is unpack everything.” Soohyun stuck out his tongue, making Jayne giggle.

             “Fun, fun, fun.” Jayne replied with a hint of sarcasm.

             “Have I mentioned how happy I am to be starting the rest of my life with you?” Soohyun said in a low, husky voice.

             “Mmmm...I don’t know. I guess you’ll have to show me.” Jayne smirked while feigning innocence.

             “Oh I will do just that, jagiya...it’ll be my pleasure.” Soohyun forgot about his worries for the moment as a devilish grin overcame his face. Checking to make sure the coast was clear in the hallway, he captured her lips in a passionate kiss that sealed his previous statement. Jayne moaned softly as her delicate hands s up from his pecs to his neck.

             “I love you, Soohyun!” Jayne whispered in between kisses.

             “I will always love you, Jayne. Forever!” Soohyun deepened the kiss, making Jayne’s body feel like it was burning from the inside out. She loved feeling completely and utterly consumed with his love. Her heart started beating erratically as she drew him closer to her. Their bodies were aligned up against the wall as one, and for once, neither of them cared what distractions could possibly happen.