Chapter 11

When Dreams Come True (Sequel to Cinderella)

*author's note* Sorry it has taken me so long to update this story :P I hope you like this chapter ;) Thanks to FaiSeop for adding her writing expertise on this chapter :D PLEASE comment below!!! I wonder if you guys still read my stories anymore since I had the issues with my laptop/internet. Kamsamnida ^^

 

Jayne was sitting in the secluded dressing room for the bride at the local city hall. Staring at her reflection in the mirror, she could not believe that the big day had finally arrived. It was taking every ounce of self-control to not panic and hyperventilate. Mi-Cha had a poker face on as she was applying makeup to Jayne’s face. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for Yumi who was pacing around the room nervously, wringing her fingers as she was taking deep breaths in and out.

“Yumi, seriously...hajima! You’re making me nauseous with all that movement!” Sarah whined as she turned her body away from Yumi’s line of view.

“I can’t help it...I have a zillion thoughts careening through my head at lightning speed. This is just too much for my brain to process.” Yumi covered her eyes with her hands as she paused for a moment. Sighing out loud, she went back to her pacing without realizing what she had done.

“Pabo, Yumi. If anyone should be nervous it should be me! What has got you all wound up? Come sit down next to me and I’ll help you relax. Sarah, do you mind getting some water for Yumi to drink?” Jayne said with her eyes closed as Mi-Cha applied the eye shadow and liquid eyeliner. Sarah went to find a water cooler and cup, leaving Yumi the opportunity to grab a folded chair and place it against the wall facing Jayne.

"How can you not be affected by this? I feel awkward being the only one spazzing out like this. Is something wrong with me?” Yumi pouted, directing her question to Mi-Cha.

“Of course nothing is wrong with you. I guess I’m so used to putting my emotions in a tiny box and locking away the key from doing my profession as many years as I have.” Mi-Cha replied as she stuck out her tongue.

“That makes sense. Did you have to contain your feels when you first started working for the guys?” Yumi asked with intrigue. Sarah came back a few moments later with some water for Yumi. Trying her best to hold the cup steady from her nerves acting up proved to be a little bit difficult.

“Yumi, do you need me to hold that for you? I don’t want you to spill it all over your dress!” Sarah said in a soft voice, so as not to make Yumi any more anxious than she already was.

"Uh...I’ll b-be f-fine.” Yumi played it off as she took a sip. Not wanting to have her words backfire on her, she started to gulp what was in the cup. Once she was done, her hands started to crunch the plastic cup, making everyone else’s ears cringe.

“Done already? You must have been thirsty. Poor thing. Do you want me to get you some more?” Sarah held out her hand. Yumi glanced at the empty cup and then at Sarah before she placed it in Sarah’s outreached palm.

"You look so pretty Ms. Fleming...I mean...soon-to-be Mrs. Shin. Wow...that’s going to take me a while to get used to calling you that.” Yumi giggled. Jayne let out a small chuckle as well.

“You’re telling me! I think the only reason why I haven’t passed out yet is because my brain hasn’t processed what all is happening right now.” Jayne replied calmly as she forced her mind to focus on other things.

“Well please don’t! We can’t have the bride being comatose on her wedding day.” Mi-Cha shook her head as she closed the eye shadow case.

“Here you go, Yumi. Don’t drink it too fast. Wouldn’t want you to have a potty emergency in the middle of her wedding.” Sarah said as she handed another full plastic cup of water to Yumi.

“Knowing me, that would just be my luck.” Yumi spoke to herself, but not quiet enough for no one to hear.

“Don’t jinx yourself! This day is going to run smoothly and everything is going to be wonderful!” Mi-Cha declared. Yumi nodded as she finished the cup once again.

"In that case, I’ll just get you one more and that will be it. So, try to drink it slower.” Sarah sighed as Yumi hesitantly handed over the empty cup.

 “I’m here. Hope I’m not too late!” Jenna exclaimed as she burst in through the door. Yumi waved as did Mi-Cha.

 “Not at all. We are just getting the finishing touches put on. How was it getting here? Was traffic bad?” Jayne asked from her chair.

 “Nothing major traffic-wise. Your mom said she’ll be in momentarily. Most of the guys are here as well. I can’t believe this is happening!” Jenna replied as she stopped where she was standing to catch her breath.

 “That’s good to hear…” Jayne started to say but was interrupted by a very loud hiccup. All eyes focused on Yumi. Yumi tried to downplay what just happened, but another hiccup proceeded.

“Oh…*hiccup* n-no. I *hiccup* can’t have *hiccup* the *hiccup*” Yumi’s eyes started watering as she tried not to cry.

“Poor Yumi. What happened?” Jenna asked as she walked towards her to get her to calm down.

“Now, Yumi, remember what I said about this cup of water. Please drink it slower this time.” Sarah said as she walked back into the room. Noticing the attention gathering around Yumi, Sarah grew quite concerned. “Um...is everything alright?”

“I-I’ve g-got the *HICCUP*” Yumi’s body leaned forward as her head hung in shame.

“Oh no! Well, we’ve got to try and get rid of them before the ceremony!” Sarah looked down at the cup of water she was holding. “I’d tell you to drink some water, Yumi, but I think this is how you got them in the first place…”

“Well looks like there’s only one way to get rid of them quickly…” Jenna spoke up.

“We’re open for suggestions.” Jayne said as she got out of her chair.

“Most effective way I know of is for someone to scare her.” Jenna said softly, not knowing how they’d react.

“Who’s gonna do that?” Mi-Cha asked as all the females looked to one another.

“Well, no one can just come right out and do it. She has to be caught off-guard. Most of the guys should be here. Should I see if I can find them?” Jenna got the nod from the others and sprinted for the door.

“Poor Yumi. Just try to stay calm. Everything will be fine.” Jayne reached over and planted a soft kiss on the crown of her head.

“I...I r-ruined *hiccup* every *hiccup* thing.” Yumi sobbed.

“Nonsense. Don’t make a mountain out of a mole. Cheer up. You’ll be back to normal in no time.” Mi-Cha patted her back. “Make sure to come see me when you’re cured so I can touch up your makeup.” Yumi nodded which made Mi-Cha wink in turn.

“I found them. Now come on!” Jenna came skidding into the room moments later. Not giving Yumi a moment to breathe, Jenna yanked her from the chair and the two of them vanished.

“This should be interesting…” Sarah mumbled as she placed the cup of water on the table that Mi-Cha was using for Jayne’s makeup.

“Well, we have to have some excitement on my wedding day. What fun would it be if everything went perfectly?” Jayne laughed.

 “True. Need to have some fun memories to look back on.” Mi-Cha pointed to the chair for Jayne to resume her position so that Mi-Cha could finish making her masterpiece.


“Jagiya, what’s wrong? Jenna said that you have the hiccups!” Kevin said sympathetically as he opened his arms and embraced her.

“I-it’s all my *hiccup* fault.” Yumi pressed her face up against his chest as she wrapped her arms strongly around him.

“Ssssshhhhhh...it’ll be okay.” Kevin caressed her back and tried to soothe her to see if it would help calm her nerves. “Don’t talk like that. You could never ruin Jayne’s wedding. Don’t be so silly. Pabo!” Kevin took his right index finger and gently pressed on the tip of her nose. Yumi stuck her tongue out at him. “You’re so cute. You know that, right?”

“No I’m not…” Yumi became embarrassed; her cheeks turning a crimson red. Not liking her answer, Kevin dipped his head down and let his lips brush over hers. At first, Yumi stood there with her eyes wide open. The kiss caught her so off-guard that she was frozen for a moment. Hesitantly, she closed her eyes and let the sensation of his soft lips take over.

“Yo, Kevin...whose wedding day is this? Aigoo! Come here, I need your help with these cufflinks.” Eli shouted out. Immediately, the couple broke apart. Kevin’s face was now the same shade as Yumi’s.

“Mianhae...I’ll be back in just a moment.” Kevin said shyly, but not before stealing one more kiss.

“You didn’t see anything…” Yumi downplayed her intimate moment to Jenna.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get back at Eli later.” Jenna smirked. Yumi giggled. Before she was able to say anything else, a humongous pair of arms wrapped around her body and picked her up.

"BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” The male voice screamed, causing Yumi to squeal as she flailed helplessly. Once she was put down, she turned around to see who the culprit was.

“YEO HOONMIN!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!” Yumi started swinging at his body with her frail arms. Hoon instantly tried to shield himself from her blows.

“It’s Jenna! She told me you needed to be scared. Mianhae...mianhae.” Hoon pointed to Jenna, hoping it would make Yumi stop her attack on him. Yumi stopped mid-punch and looked behind herself.

“N-now Yumi...let’s not ruin the nice dress you have on.” Jenna tried to reason with Yumi.

“Yumi, wait!” Hoon reached out and held on to Yumi’s right arm. Yumi shifted her body to face him. “Did it work?”

“What are you talking about?” Yumi huffed.

“Your hiccups! Are they gone?” Hoon started to get excited.

“W-wait a minute…” Yumi paused to reflect and after a few moments of silence, she placed her hands over . “OMO! I think they are!” Hoon’s eyes started to sparkle as he picked her up and spun her around.

“See, I knew I could do it!” Hoon boasted as he gently placed her on the ground. All three of them started to high-five each other.

“Party all the time time, party all the time!” Yumi started to sing.

“What is going on?” AJ asked as he came to see what the commotion was all about. He started to shake his head as he saw Jenna, Yumi, and Hoon dancing and singing the chorus to the uBEAT song.

“C’mon, AJ, this is your song. Join in!” Yumi pulled him in as they started to dance around each other.

“Yah! Guys...as much as I would love for all of us to just get down and party...that will be later on at the reception. We need to get ready for the wedding.” Eli came over and tried to break up the impromptu celebration.

“Jagiya...what gives? Why are you being such a stick-in-the-mud?” Jenna frowned as she reached out and held his hands lovingly.

“Hey...I never wanted to be the ‘bad guy’ in this situation. Poor Soohyun is a nervous wreck and I guess it’s starting to rub off on me.” Eli took a deep breath as he intertwined his fingers around Jenna’s.

“Aaaawwww, poor Soohyun! I hope he feels better soon. I need to get going. Mi-Cha said she wanted to touch up my makeup.” Yumi gave Hoon and AJ a quick hug before making her way back to the bridal suite.

“Poor baby...I know something that will calm your nerves.” Jenna whispered against Eli. He gazed at her to figure out what she was suggesting and felt a tug at the back of his neck from her hand. Their lips met in a soft kiss and his hands wrapped around her waist as his tension started to fade away.

“HEY! No fair! If Yumi and Jenna get to kiss, why can’t I with Mi-Cha?” Hoon pouted as Jenna and Eli were lost in their fantasy world.

 “You??? What about me? I don’t have anyone at all. Soohyun’s getting married today. You have Mi-Cha, Kevin has Yumi, Eli has Jenna, Kiseop has Sarah...the only one that’s single besides me is Dongho. I don’t even know if that should count or not since he’s not really interested in girls right now…that I know of, at least.” AJ turned to walk away.

 “Jaeseop…” Hoon called out. AJ stopped and felt strong biceps around his frame. “Don’t worry...I’m sure you’ll find a wonderful woman soon!”

 “Would be nice…” AJ gently patted Hoon’s hands. “Being alone . I know I’m picky. I don’t want to date just anyone...but argh…just forget it. Forever alone is what it looks like for the time being…”

 “With an attitude like that, it will be.” Kevin butted in. “Guys, we need to go back to the groom suite. Soohyun is getting even more paranoid wondering where we all are!” Hoon and AJ nodded as they turned to leave; the two lovebirds still lost in their intimate moment. “AHEM! Today would be nice…” Kevin said loud enough to get their attention.

 “I’ll see you in a little bit.” Jenna blushed as she gave him one last kiss on his lips.

 “Can’t wait! Bye jagiya.” Eli whispered by her ear. Looking up, he gave Kevin a look that showed disbelief at being called out. “Wow, really, Kevin? Wasn’t it just recently I was breaking you and Yumi apart from face?”

“ face? Aren’t we calling the kettle black? I wasn’t depriving Yumi of her oxygen like you were with Jenna just now.” Kevin scoffed. Eli rolled his eyes as he walked past Kevin.

“Whatever. Just hurry up. You did mention that Soohyun was wondering where we were, right?”

 

Yumi decided to take a look at the very room Jayne and Soohyun would be getting married in. It was empty, seeing no one was there she decided to go in to look around for a few minutes. What was the worst that could happen? All she’d have to say was “sorry I was just looking” if someone caught her. She was careful walking by a vase of flowers, since knowing her, she always bumped into things. She admired the flowers for a few seconds before she felt someone tap her shoulder. She jumped scared at the sudden touch and turned around to see Kevin, who immediately looked regretful for startling her.

"I recall you doing something similar when we first met.” She pouted crossing her arms.

“I did?” He was confused for a few short seconds before finally remembering what she was talking about. “Oh that, I remember. Mihane…” He smiled cutely.

"You know, someone would call that, sneaking up on someone while they’re distracted.”

“Speaking of distracted...have you already been to see Mi-Cha about getting your makeup done?” Kevin asked as Yumi face-palmed herself. “I guess that’s a ‘no’ then.”

“I can’t help it. Look at this place. It’s just so gorgeous.” Yumi said as she twirled around slowly. Her bridesmaid dress fanned out around her, catching Kevin off guard. He was mesmerized by her beauty.

“Yes, you are...” He whispered as he stopped her and gently held on to her hands. Yumi looked down and slowly let her eyes climb up his torso. Both of their hearts were starting to beat erratically. “Yumi, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on.” His right hand gingerly reached out and cupped her chin as he closed the space in between them. Their lips connected in the sweetest kiss they had ever shared.

“Yah! What are you two doing in here?” Eli called out to the two. He had been looking all over since he noticed Kevin didn’t follow him into the groom suite. Yumi jumped at the sound of his voice, jolting Kevin back to reality. She took a breath, holding a hand over her heart from the scare.

“What’s the matter, Kev? Guess you were making up for the kiss that I interrupted you two from earlier. Now you two are busy getting married, huh?” Eli teased pointing to the floor. Both Kevin and Yumi looked down to see they were standing in the very places the bride and groom stood to get married.

“We weren’t getting married!” Yumi blushed protesting.

“Right...” Eli teased them even more.

“Knock it off, it was just a coincidence.” Kevin pouted, stepping away from the spot as well as Yumi.

“Even if you did on purpose, you can’t before Jenna and I.”

“Since when do we call dibs on when we marry?” Kevin looked at him confused.

“Didn’t you guys just become a couple like three weeks ago? Marriage is a little too soon don’t you think?” Eli raised his pierced eyebrow.

“What makes you think we’d get married this soon? Seriously, how long are you going to keep this up?” Kevin exclaimed embarrassed.

“It’s my fault for coming in here. My curiosity got us here.” Yumi apologized covering her blushing face.

“You know I’m just playing around, C’mon we should head back to the Bride and Groom.” Eli joked, motioning for them to exit to room.

“Alright, I’ll head back… I guess I’ll see you two soon.” Yumi nervously sprinted away.

“You two are so cute.” Eli ruffled Kevin’s hair just a little bit, without ruining it.

“Thanks, but will you please cut it out.” Kevin sighed pushing his hand away and proceeded to head back to Soohyun and the others.

“There you guys are! Where were you?!” Hoon asked them as they walked in.

“Mihane, Kevin was getting married.” Eli joked.

“Yah! Eli! What did I just say!?” Kevin turned around, not too happy about Eli’s confession.

“Jinja? You got married? Is that true?” Soohyun asked curiously. Since they were at city hall, anyone could if they wanted to.

"No, Yumi and I just happened to be standing in the room and Eli thinks it’s funny to joke about it.”

“What were you doing in there anyway?” Kiseop asked.

“Well I saw her in there and was asking her why she was there. She was just looking… that was ALL.” Kevin looked at Eli with a knock-it-off face.

“Awh cute, like a pretend marriage?” Hoon joined in on teasing Kevin as well.

“I’m just wasting my time by saying knock it off to these two right?” Kevin sighed looking over to Soohyun.

“They’re just having fun is all, don’t be a bad sport. I think you two are cute as husband and wife, at least if you ever got casted for ‘We Got Married’ you’d know what it’d be like.” Soohyun chuckled a little at Kevin’s reaction.

“Even so, I’m not sure we should be joking about that around my girlfriend, I’ve noticed she gets startled and embarrassed easily. So if you could just not do that around her, I don’t mind.” Kevin looked at both Hoon and Eli. “Last thing you want to do is make her uncomfortable, and get the ‘ahjumma glare’ from Jayne.” He added, making their smiles and laughter fade instantly.

“Don’t wanna upset noona, that’s for sure! It’s like poking fun at her daughter, even though Yumi’s not really her daughter...but they have that kind of bond… I’m kinda jealous.” Dongho spoke, snacking on some cookies that were provided in the room as refreshments.

“Long story short, you can tease all you want about my pretend marriage to my girlfriend when she’s not around, since I know you won’t ever stop even if I begged.” Kevin sighed defeatedly.

“Speaking of marriages, we should focus more on Soohyun’s marriage instead of Kevin’s pretend marriage don’t you think? It’s almost time.” AJ pointed out. Immediately Soohyun began to feel the nervousness kick back in.

“Yes, thank you, jeez.” Kevin sighed with relief. “So how are you feeling now? Ready to marry Jayne?” He smiled towards Soohyun.

“I’m ready, I’ve been ready for a long time now! I’m so happy today is the start of our lives together as a married couple. Once I put that wedding ring on her finger, she’s mine.”

“Sounds a bit possessive, don’t you think?” AJ chuckled. “She’s mine, she’s mine/gyeot nunjireun geuman/She’s mine, she’s mine/eodil gamhi neombwa/nae yeojaran marya/geondeulji marayo/neon na hante marya/sang daedo andwaeyo.” AJ started to sing a new song he had composed. Kiseop got up and started dancing along to his own beat.

“I’m telling you, Jaeseop...the song really sounds like a hit! Don’t be surprised if manager-nim picks it later on.” Soohyun grinned. “So...this is really happening, right? It’s not just a dream?” Soohyun gulped nervously at his last statement.

“Well, if it was, I’d say that would be the best dream ever!” Eli said as he heartily patted Soohyun’s back.

“No, you’re not dreaming, Soohyun. All you gotta do is make it down the aisle without fainting.” Hoon playfully punched Soohyun’s upper arm.

“Thanks, that sure helps.” Soohyun looked at him, clicking his tongue. “I don’t think I’ll faint. I’m just a little nervous is all.” He looked down to his slightly shaking hands. “Hoon, did you give me your shaking syndrome? Aish!”

"It’s a medical condition! I can’t help it!” Hoon said self-consciously.

“Everything will be fine, don’t worry about it.” Kevin assured him.

"Kevin’s right, look at him, he just got pretend married and he’s totally fine.” Eli went back to teasing.

“As if that’s the same as a real marriage.” Kevin rolled his eyes.

 

Yumi returned to Jayne and Mi-Cha, who immediately asked where she was.

“I was checking out the room you and Soohyun will be getting married in.” Yumi answered taking a seat next to Sarah.

“How was it?” Jayne asked nervously.

“It’s pretty. I like the flowers in there.” Yumi answered a bit quietly.

“You’re quiet.. did something happen?” Sarah noticed right away.

“Well, I ran into Kevin and Eli, or well Kevin found me and Eli found us and…yeah.” She said, slowly hugging her nervous body.

“What did they do?” Jayne asked with a tone that portrayed a mother who knew her kids were up to trouble again.

“Eli was teasing us about getting married because we were standing in that spot.” Yumi blushed while explaining.

“Awh really, that’s so adorable! I wish I could have been there to see it!” Mi-Cha cheered.

“I miss this?! Wae!?” Jayne pouted.

“Sounded like fun.” Sarah joined.

“As usual, me getting teased is something everyone likes.” Yumi hung her head, she didn’t think they’d react this way. She thought Jayne would have said something like ‘I’ll be sure to scold Eli,’ since whenever they were teasing her she’d give them the ‘ahjumma glare.’ “I’m no longer safe from the teasing men called U-KISS, am I?”

“Oh don’t be like that, we just find it adorable is all.” Mi-Cha assured Yumi with a smile.

“I’m thirsty.” Yumi spoke up, trying to deviate the conversation from going any further. Sighing, she looked around to see if the cup Sarah had earlier was around.

“No, no water for you! We can’t risk you getting the hiccups again!” Mi-Cha protested.

“Speaking of which, you should probably make a pit stop before we have to line up.” Sarah pointed out.

“That’s a good idea.” Yumi started to get up to escape the taunting she was receiving from the women, but Mi-Cha grabbed her hand.

“Um, just where do you think you’re going? You just got here. I still have to touch up your makeup, remember? You can go afterwards. It shouldn’t take but a few minutes.” Mi-Cha guided Yumi to the chair where Jayne sat moments before.

“Oh, honey...you look amazing!” Jayne’s mother exclaimed as she walked into the room. “I can’t believe my baby is getting married!” She had to turn away for a moment to not let the tears fall from her face and ruin her makeup.

“Thanks, mom. You look wonderful, too!” Jayne said as the two of them hugged.

“Are you ladies almost done? We have about twenty minutes before we start.” Mrs. Fleming took a deep breath in to steady her composure.

“Well, I’m just putting the finishing touches on Yumi, but that should only take five minutes, max.” Mi-Cha said as she was re-applying some BB cream on Yumi’s face with a makeup sponge.

“Excellent. I’ll let the others know. I’ll be back to get you all in just a few minutes.” Mrs. Fleming made her exit.

“Wow...so this is really happening???” Jayne started to take deep breaths in as reality started sinking in.

“No no no no no...you need to sit down and relax!” Jenna dragged Jayne to a nearby chair and found a program on the table to start fanning her with.

“Just close your eyes and relax your breathing. You’ll be just fine. You can do this! We’re here with you every step of the way.” Sarah soothed as she gently held Jayne’s hand. Jayne closed her eyes and started to block out everything around her. The slight breeze that Jenna’s piece of paper made was starting to feel good against her flushed skin. Her mind started to daydream about the past memories she shared with Soohyun: bumping into him at the coffee shop, the concert where he sang “Cinderella,” the night he proposed to her, etc. A smile overtook her face and gently she opened her eyes.

“I’m ready. I’ve never been so excited to marry my best friend!” Jayne said with a burst of confidence.

“That’s what I’m talking about! Let’s do this!” Mi-Cha cheered as she put the finishing touches on Yumi’s face. All of the girls formed a circle around Jayne and wrapped her in a group hug.