Chapter 6

When Dreams Come True (Sequel to Cinderella)

 

                Jayne and Jenna sat in the nail salon catching up over the events that happened while Jayne was on her vacation. Both girls were getting a manicure and pedicure.

                “So, Jenna, now that you have caught me up on all that juicy information I’m going to turn the tables on you; it’s your turn to talk. How are things between you and Eli?” Jayne grinned as Jenna sighed contently.

                “They’re going great. He’s truly an amazing guy. I can’t thank you enough for dragging me with you that one day to the café. Such a gentleman; but he has this goofy side to him that I can’t help but adore.” Jenna explained as the person working on her nails lifted her feet out of the whirling foot bath and patted them dry.

                “I am so glad to hear that. How long have you two been going out now?” Jayne smiled as her feet were given the same treatment.

                “About nine months now. I can’t believe that time has flown by. He truly makes me happy.” Jenna relaxed back into her chair as her toenails were being prepped for the nail polish.

                “Already? That was quick. Well, here’s to hoping that there will be many more months!” Jayne cheered. The two chit-chatted for the remainder of their time at the salon. An hour later Eli and Soohyun showed up to take them home. “Soohyun, what are you doing here? I thought Eli was the only one picking us up?” Jayne asked as he hugged her.

                “That was the plan originally. I came up with an idea. How about tomorrow night you and I go out and have a nice romantic dinner for two. I’ve missed you so much and want to celebrate you coming back. What do you say?” Soohyun’s eyes sparkled and Jayne nodded slightly as a blush crept over her cheeks.

                “It sounds amazing. I would love that.” Jayne replied as Soohyun gently held out her hands so he could look at the design on her nails.

                “Very pretty; I love the design. Tell you what…I want you to go all out tomorrow night. Dress up and mesmerize me with your presence. I’m getting too excited just thinking about it. I have so much in store for you. I hope I can make tomorrow night a night you won’t forget.” Soohyun whispered as he kissed her cheek. The four of them made their way out the salon. Jayne hugged Eli and Jenna goodbye before getting into Soohyun’s passenger seat of his car.

                “Are the others still back at the apartment?” Jayne asked after buckling her seatbelt.

                “No. I’m going to have to drop you off. We all have a meeting with the manager concerning our schedule for our comeback two weeks from now. The others are on their way to the studio, but Eli and I told manager hyung that we’ll be there as soon as we drop you and Jenna off.” Soohyun said as he pulled onto the main road on his way back to Jayne’s apartment. Thirty minutes later he pulled up to Jayne’s apartment parking lot. “I would love to walk you up to your door, but that might make me stay longer than I should and the guys are waiting on Eli and I.” Soohyun pouted. Jayne giggled and gently kissed his nose.

                “That’s okay, yeobo. I’ll talk to you later. Text me when you get done.” Jayne gently caressed his cheek. She was about to open the car door, but Soohyun’s hand gently captured her chin and turned her face towards his. Leaning forward, his lips softly pressed up against hers making Jayne moan softly. They shared a passionate kiss for a few minutes before Soohyun leaned his forehead up against hers.

                “I’ll call you later, jagiya. Sarangheyo.” Soohyun spoke softly.

                “Sarangheyo, Soo.” Jayne said back tenderly. They shared one more quick kiss before she stepped out and made her way into her apartment.

***

                Jayne stepped out of the shower and patted her body dry. Looking at the time on her phone she realized she had thirty minutes before Soohyun would be coming to pick her up for their romantic date. Blow-drying her hair, she brushed it out, giving it more volume. Once her makeup was finished, she took the curling iron and created some curls in her dirty blonde locks. Walking into her bedroom, she slipped on her navy blue velvet dress along with some black, heeled dress shoes.

                “Wow, Ms. Fleming, you look so pretty!” Yumi exclaimed as Jayne made her way into the living room.

                “Thank you, Yumi. I’m starting to get butterflies in my stomach. What are you going to do while I’m gone?” Jayne asked as Yumi turned the volume down on the TV with the remote.

                “Sarah’s going to be stopping by within the hour to pick me up to take me out to dinner. She was going to introduce me to some of her friends on campus. I might spend the night in her room. Her roommate won’t be showing up until next week. Is that okay?” Yumi explained as Jayne nodded.

                “That’s not a problem at all, Yumi. I’m glad that Sarah is helping you settle in before your semester starts.” Jayne smiled as Yumi agreed. The two made small talk until the intercom buzzed notifying Jayne of Soohyun’s arrival. She buzzed him in and two minutes later heard his knock at the front door. Opening it up, Soohyun’s mouth dropped in awe.

                “Wow, Jayne…I’m…speechless. You look breath-taking!” Soohyun could barely get the words out. He bowed in Yumi’s direction and reached out for Jayne’s hand. “Are you ready to go?”

                “Absolutely.” Jayne beamed. “Bye, Yumi. Have fun tonight. If you’re not here by the time I get back, I’ll just assume you’re going to spend the night at Sarah’s dorm.” Jayne spoke in her direction. Yumi waved goodbye and Jayne stepped out with Soohyun, closing the front door behind them.

                “I’m still in shock at how beautiful you look tonight.” Soohyun blushed as they made their way down the stairs and out to his car. Opening the car door for her, she gave him a soft kiss on his lips before holding the bottom of her dress in her hands as she slid into her seat. Once she was situated, he gently closed the door and walked around to the driver’s side.

                “You look stunning yourself! Thank you for doing this, Soo. It’s nice to spend one-on-one time with you like this. I’m looking forward to tonight.” Jayne said softly after he got into the car. He laced his hand with hers and brought the outside of her hand to his lips. He peppered it slowly with kisses before he started the car. Soon they were on their way to their destination. Twenty minutes later Soohyun was pulling the car up to the parking lot at the Han River. His stomach felt like it was doing somersaults as he cut off the engine. Walking around, he opened the car door for Jayne once again. After locking the car from his keychain, they both made their way across the street down the pathway to the ON restaurant. Soohyun held the door open so she could enter and they were both escorted to a booth that looked over the river.

                “I hope you don’t mind, but I already pre-ordered what we would be eating here tonight. I ordered some wine as well, but if you would like something different to drink I can get the waiter to bring us a menu.” Soohyun spoke up once they were settled in their seats.

                “I should be fine. I trust your judgment. Everything is so perfect, Soo. The restaurant…the atmosphere…what did I ever do to deserve this?” Jayne pondered as Soohyun reached across the table and gently placed her hands in his.

                “You deserve everything this world has to offer. You mean so much to me, Jayne. You have been the rock in my life that has been there through thick and thin. We’ve had our moments like every couple does. I know you are the one for me because you’ve seen me in a way that no one else can and still love me despite that.” Soohyun replied. Moments later the waiter came to their table with two wine goblets and poured half a glass into each before placing the chardonnay on the table. After notifying them that the food would be out momentarily, he left allowing Soohyun and Jayne to pick up their glasses. “To the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. May we be able to share many more memories in the future. Sarangheyo.” He toasted as he clinked his goblet lower than Jayne’s in respect of her age.

                “To the man who has made me the happiest woman on Earth. May we continue to grow in love and be the example to others around us the definition of true happiness. Sarangheyo, yeobo!” Jayne grinned as they gazed at each other lovingly before taking a sip. Both of them were reminiscing over past events that had led them up to where they currently were as a couple. Soon their meals arrived and both of them gasped at the intricate designs of how the food was displayed, as well as the portion size. “Goodness, Soo…I don’t know if I can eat all of this.” Jayne laughed nervously.

                “You’re not the only one. Well, let’s enjoy what we can and we’ll get the rest to go to enjoy later.” Soohyun grinned as he cut into the steak on his plate. He slid a portion onto his fork and held it up gingerly for her to eat. Closing her lips around his fork she sighed at the moistness of the meat.

                “Omo…so delicious! This is so wonderful, Soohyun. You really outdid yourself.” Jayne winked as she scooped up a large shrimp from her shimp scampi. Twisting some noodles around her fork she returned the favor and let him savor a bite from her plate.

                “Wow, that is really good! So, you’re enjoying this restaurant so far?” Soohyun asked as they continued eating.

                “I can’t even describe how I’m feeling right now. I feel like a princess who has been asked to partake in a fancy feast.” Jayne expressed contently. Just when they were getting into a deep part of their conversation, Soohyun’s cell phone went off.

                “Oh my goodness. I’m sorry, Jayne. I thought I had the phone on vibrate. Aish…it’s manager hyung. I don’t know if I can avoid this call. I’m so sorry…do you mind if I take this? I promise I won’t be too long.” Soohyun apologized profusely.

                “Don’t worry about it, sweetie. Go ahead an answer it and come right back.” Jayne shooed him away as she continued her meal. She made note to take smaller and fewer bites so that she wouldn’t finish her meal before he would return. Looking out over the river, Jayne noticed how beautiful the lights on the bridge glowed against the water. Upon returning her gaze to the table, she noticed that the lamps in the restaurant had dimmed to a softer ambience.

                “Hi, noona.” Dongho spoke softly, making Jayne jump in her seat. Jayne put down her fork and looked up in shock.

                “Dongho…what are you doing here?” Jayne asked speechlessly.

                “Noona, you have been there for me in ways that I can’t explain. I liked you from the moment I met you. I saw how happy you made Soohyun and the others as well. When you came to comfort me while I was in the hospital with pleurisy…I knew right then and there that you were part of our family. Please accept this gift.” Dongho spoke softly as he handed Jayne a single red rose. He leaned forward and gently kissed her cheek.

                “Thank you, Dongho. I’m touched.” Jayne pressed the rose up to her lips and gently breathed in its scent.

                “Noona, you’re such a kind and loving woman. You treat us with the utmost respect and give us confidence to pursue our careers for our KissMes. You helped me work up the courage to ask Sarah out and I couldn’t be happier. Kamsamnida!” Kiseop said next as he, too, gave her another red rose.

                “Noona, thank you for taking care of our leader. In all of my years of knowing him, I can honestly say that this is the happiest I have ever seen him. We are forever grateful for everything you do.” Hoon spoke up as he handed her a pink rose.

                “Noona, what can I say? I remember being so scared to leave Korea to go to Columbia University. I was so worried about my studies and what my grades would reflect. With your encouragement and kind words, I was able to succeed. You mean so much to every one of us.” AJ gave his cute kitty smile as he handed her another pink rose.

                “Noona, I remember the first time I met you. You literally bumped into Soohyun at the spa. I remember not moments before that happened how Soohyun’s face was lit up from explaining this woman that had stole his heart. I know you have been through so much in your relationship with him and for sticking in there, I applaud you. I hope Jenna and I can be half the couple that you two are in the future.” Eli beamed as he handed her a white rose.

                “Noona, you have been a blessing in each of our lives. You are selfless and go above and beyond to make sure that we are never lacking anything. You’ve opened your home as well as your heart to all of us. Words will never be able to express the joy you have given each and every one of us.” Kevin handed her the last white rose. The guys lined up in a row and Jayne placed the roses in the corner of the table. Just as she was about to wonder where Soohyun was, she heard piano music being played. Looking up, Soohyun winked at her from behind the piano, his hands starting to shake slightly. The notes began to play and Kevin took a step forward as he started to sing his solo.

 

My Reason (Romanization Lyrics)

Cheoeum bon sungan banhaebeoryeotjyo
neomu areumdawotjyo
geudaeege puk ppajyeobeoryeotjyo

cheoeum neukkyeotjyo
sarangiran geol jakku seolleineun geol
ireon nae mam nado eojjeol su eomneun geol

naega deo dagagalgeyo geudaero isseoyo
nareul deo neukkil su itge kkwak anajulgeyo

Only one neol jikyeojul
Only one neol akkyeojul han saram
neol saranghae jul geu sarameun naraneun geol

Only you nal itge han
Only you nae mameul modu humchyeogabeorin
My All, You are the reason for me baby yeah

rap)
geudaereul boneun nae mam dugeundugeun ttwijyo
bogo tto bwado jakkuman bogo sipeun geol
geudaeui apeseo naneun pretty sweety girl
geudaemani naega saneun iyuin geollyo

jogeum deo yongginaelkkeyo nareul mideobwayo
geudael deo gajil su itge nal jabajullaeyo

Only one neol jikyeojul
Only one neol akkyeojul han saram
neol saranghae jul geu sarameun naraneun geol

Only you nal itge han
Only you nae mameul modu humchyeogabeorin
My All, You are the reason for me baby yeah

hoksi geudaeege museun il itdamyeon
naege malhaejullaeyo naege gidaejullaeyo

Only one neol utge hal
Only one neol haengbokhage hal saram
neoman barabol geu sarameun naraneun geol

Promise you yeongwontorok
I love you nae modeun geol da gajyeogabeorin
My love, You are the reason for me baby yeah

geudaemani naui iyujyo

 

ENGLISH TRANSLATION LYRICS

I fell for you the moment I first saw you
You were so beautiful
I fell so deeply for you

I felt it for the first time
The thing called love, and my heart racing
I can’t help my heart feeling this way

I will go closer to you, just stay as you are
I will hold you tight so you can feel me more

* Only one to protect you

Only one person to value you
The person who will love you is me

** Only you are the one who makes me exist
Only you have stolen all of my heart
My All, You are the reason for me baby yeah

My heart pounds when I see you
I look and look but I want to keep looking at you
I’m in front of you, pretty sweety girl
Only you are the reason I live

I will be a bit braver, just trust me
Will you catch me so I can have you more?

* Repeat

** Repeat

If something happens to you
Will you tell me? Will you lean on me?

Only one to make you smile
Only you to make you happy
The person who will only look at you is me

Promise you forever
I love you, who has taken all of me
My love, You are the reason for me baby yeah

Only you are my reason

 

                The song ended and Jayne covered in shock. The lyrics were so beautiful. Jayne didn’t know how to react. Slowly, Soohyun emerged from behind the piano and stepped in front of the other members.

                “Jayne, I brought you here tonight because I wanted to ask you a very important question. My life has become so much brighter thanks to you. I can’t thank you enough for sticking by me through all the craziness that comes with me being a KPop idol.” Soohyun got down on his knee and pulled out a small box from behind his back. “Jayne…please do me the honor of becoming my wife. Let’s grow old together and continue to share this amazing love between us. I’ll do whatever it takes to make all of your dreams come true.” He slowly opened the jewelry box and revealed a 2 carat princess cut engagement ring. Jayne gasped and held her hands over her heart. Tears started to well up in the corners of her eyes as Soohyun scooted closer.

                “Yes. Yes…YES…a thousand times, yes!” Jayne repeated as she started to cry tears of joy. Soohyun got up as Jayne got out of her seat in the booth. He gently slid the ring on her finger and wrapped his arms around her, picking her up and spinning her around. Once he placed her body back down, their lips met over and over as his hand gently her cheek. The guys clapped and cheered as Soohyun and Jayne slowly broke apart. Jayne looked down at the ring and admired the beauty of it. Looking up, she saw Soohyun had tears in his eyes as well. Her fingers softly brushed them away as they kissed once more. “I love you so much, Soohyun. This is the best night ever. I will never forget this!”

                “GROUP HUG!” Dongho announced, trying to cause a distraction so that no one would see the tears starting to form in his eyes. Soohyun and Jayne were smushed into a ginormous hug causing laughter between all of them.

                “Welcome to the family, noona! Can’t wait for it to be official!” Eli said as everyone nodded. After admiring her ring, the members decided to leave so Jayne and Soohyun could finish the remainder of their date.

                “Wow…I’m just…speechless.” Jayne sighed as they sat back down into the booth. She dabbed at the corner of her eyes again, hoping to not ruin her makeup.

                “Well, let’s enjoy the rest of our meal. The night is still young, jagiya. This is only part of what I have in store for us tonight.” Soohyun spoke softly as Jayne looked at him in disbelief.

                “More? You can’t be serious. I don’t know if my heart will be able to withstand anything else.” Jayne laughed nervously. After completing their meal, he got up from his seat and held out his hand for her. Standing up, she placed her hand in his and he walked her out to the middle of the restaurant. The piano started to play as well as some musicians on their violins. Placing his right arm around her lower back, he held her close as she draped her arms around his neck.

                “Sarangheyo, Jayne. You have made me the happiest man in the world, tonight.”