Chapter 2

When Dreams Come True (Sequel to Cinderella)

                “How long before Jayne will be on Skype?” Hoon asked as the members were having fun decorating Jayne’s apartment in preparation for her return.

                “About 20 minutes. I can’t wait! I’m getting so excited.” Soohyun said as Hoon grinned at him and patted him on the back.

                “Kiseop, are you taking selcas for Jayne or for your girlfriend? Aigoo…you’re too much.” Kevin said laughing at him posing with the Polaroid camera.

                “Yah! What is that suppose to mean? Of course they’re for Jayne. The ones I take for Sarah would be much different than these.” Kiseop replied as Kevin made a grossed-out face.

                “Um, I’m sure I don’t even want to know. Now I need to get that image out of my head…” Kevin shuddered as Kiseop smacked his arm.

                “Not like that. What are you implying? I mean that the ones for Sarah would be more…what’s the word…have more aegyo to them.” Kiseop said as Kevin gave him a look that said ‘yeah…sure.’

                “Anyway…how are things with you and Sarah?” Kevin asked as they started taping the Polaroid printed out pictures on the walls and doors of her apartment.

                “Actually, things are going great. She’s a really sweet girl.” Kiseop gushed, a big goofy grin on his face. Sarah Bunton, a 21 year old college student, was a native of Australia but became a foreign exchange student to Pai Chai University and was majoring in journalism. Interning at her job, she was asked to do a mini interview with U-Kiss and Kiseop was instantly drawn to her. Secretly, he exchanged contact information with her before leaving that day and they had been keeping in contact ever since. That was four months ago.

                “Hey, Soo, what do you think of this banner?” Eli asked as he held it up for him to see.

                “Wow, that’s coming along perfectly!” Soohyun beamed, giving Eli a big thumbs up. Eli did a little cheer and went back to completing it.

                “Where’s AJ?” Soohyun asked out loud, glancing around.

                “He’s keeping Jinx preoccupied in Jayne’s bedroom. Eli’s allergies are okay since he took the medicine, right?” Kevin said while walking into the kitchen to grab a drink of water.

                “Seems like it to me. Maybe a sneeze here and there, but nothing really bad.” Soohyun replied as he decided to grab a glass of water himself.

***

                Jayne settled on the bed in the hotel room, making herself comfortable before opening up her laptop. Glancing at her phone, it was 8pm her time which meant it was 10am Korean time. A mere twelve hours later her flight would be leaving on her journey back to Soohyun and U-Kiss. Jayne sincerely hoped she would be able to sleep tonight, anticipating the effects of jetlag once she would be back in Korea. Logging on to the hotel’s wifi, she signed in to her Skype account and gave herself a mini look-over in the reflection of her screen. Jayne let out a tiny squeal when she saw Soohyun’s screen name online. She clicked the “call” button and started hearing the ringing of her computer calling Soohyun’s.

***

                “Soo, hurry up, I think Jayne’s calling you.” Dongho shouted as everyone started to gather around his laptop. Soohyun burst into the living room and picked up his laptop, placing it in his lap as he took a seat on the couch.

                “Hello?” Jayne’s voice echoed thru the speakers.

                “Jayne!” Soohyun exclaimed after he connected his webcam to the video call.

                “Hi baby. Gosh I’ve missed you so much!” Jayne sighed as she tried to hold back her tears.

                “Oh, jagiya, you’re not crying, are you?” Soohyun asked as Jayne shook her head quickly.

                “Trying not to, anyway.” Jayne laughed as she wiped her eyes to make sure.

                “Well, I’ve got something to make you feel better.” Soohyun said as he motioned for the guys to gather around him. He set the laptop on the coffee table so that the guys could get into the view of the webcam.

                “NOONA!!! I miss you so much! I can’t wait to see you. Unfortunately, Kiseop, Hoon, and I have a tv show we have to do in the morning so I don’t know if we’ll be able to meet you at the airport.” Dongho pouted. “Please come visit me when you can!” He held up his hands in a heart and blew a kiss to the screen.

                “Aaawww, Dongho, I miss you! But, don’t worry…I didn’t forget about your tummy while I was away. I don’t know how the guys have been taking care of you since I’ve been here in Alabama, but I made some cookies last night and I have a bag with your name on it.” Jayne said as Dongho’s eyes got big and he started cheering. He got up and started doing a little victory dance.

                “You’re the best noona ever!” Dongho announced bouncing back into the view of the webcam. “Did you hear that guys? She made cookies for me!” Groans were heard in response. Dongho just rolled his eyes and moved out of the way so the others could talk to Jayne.

                “Hi, noona. Glad that you will be coming back tomorrow! We’ve missed you so much.” Kiseop said as he started pouting on the screen.

                “Yah! Kiseoppie…seriously, don’t do that. I’m already on the verge of crying. No pouting!” Jayne said as she took her index fingers and drew a line up from both corners of to show a smile. Kiseop nodded and gave her a goofy grin. “Much better! Kamsamnida. How are things with you and Sarah?” Jayne asked.

                “Really great. Thanks for asking! Maybe I can tell you more once you get here. Don’t know when I’ll see you, but I look forward to it.” Kiseop smiled and waved goodbye.

                “Hhhheeeeeyyyyyyy, Jayne.” Eli spoke up next.

                “Hhhheeeeeyyyyyyy, Eli!” Jayne mimicked, causing Eli to laugh. “How are you doing? How’s Jenna?”

                “Been doing really good. I’m getting excited about our Korean comeback! Jenna is busy as usual with work. She is very glad you’ll be coming back so she can fill you in on what you have missed out on in the past two weeks.” Eli said as Jayne giggled.

                “Annyeonghaseyo, Jayne.” Kevin greeted as he got in front of the screen.

                “Annyeonghaseyo, Kevin. So good to see you.” Jayne said excitedly.

                “How is Alabama? I bet the weather there is beautiful right now.” Kevin smiled as Jayne nodded.

                “So perfect right now. You’d be jealous.” Jayne winked.

                “Hi noona.” Hoon waved.

                “Hoonie!” Jayne exclaimed as she waved back. “You’re looking good. Looks like you’ve been working out even more.” Jayne noted as Hoon grinned and nodded.

                “Mew…mew mew” Jinx said as she started getting closer to the screen.

                “Wait…is that my Jinxy, baby?” Jayne paused, turning up the volume a bit louder to make sure she wasn’t hearing things.

                “Indeed it is. Hi Jayne. It’s been a while. I’ve missed you a lot. How have you been?” AJ said as he sat down on the couch next to Soohyun with Jinx in his lap.

                “JAESEOP! OMO…is that really you? My sweet Jaseop kitteh! I’m so glad you’re back! I want to give you the biggest hug right now!” Jayne, overcome with so many emotions, started to cry. She hadn’t seen AJ on Skype or talked to him much when he was in New York due to his insane school schedule. She had sent him a few emails and had talked to him online a few times, but nothing with a webcam. “Wait a minute, why isn’t Eli sneezing his head off?” Jayne said, trying to say something to stop from crying.

                “It’s okay, Jayne. I took some allergy medicine before I came over. I have sneezed a couple times, but nothing much other than that.” Eli’s voice was heard in the background.

                “Well, that’s a relief!” Jayne replied. “So, will I be able to see you tomorrow at the airport, AJ?”

                “I wish I could be there, Jayne. I’m going to the studio tomorrow to meet up with Ryan Jhun to lay down some tracks. It won’t be long before our 3rd album is released.” AJ pouted.

                “Dag gone it. Well, I want to see you ASAP!” Jayne sighed as AJ nodded.

                “Well, at least Kevin and Eli will be able to see you tomorrow. Don’t worry; I will have the biggest hug waiting for you.” AJ beamed as he held Jinx closer to the cam so it would look like Jinx was close enough for Jayne to kiss. Jayne called Jinx’s name and Jinx pawed at the screen, making everyone giggle. “Alright, Jayne, the rest of us are going to get going so you and Soo can talk. We’ll see you soon! Have a safe flight!” AJ waved goodbye as well as the other members. They left Jayne’s apartment leaving Soohyun and Jinx behind.

                “Jayne, you can’t imagine how excited I am to have you come back tomorrow! I have missed you so much! I know that I leave for tours and with our promotions we had to do in Japan, but the minute you left, I felt like you took a piece of my heart with you.” Soohyun spoke softly as he gazed at Jayne’s image on his laptop.

                “I’ve missed you even more, yeobo! It was so good to come back home and see family and friends but all I’ve been thinking about since I’ve left is wanting to be with you.” Jayne sighed. “So who all will I see tomorrow at the airport?”

                “Kevin, Eli, and me. Your flight arrives at 3pm, right?” Soohyun asked as Jayne nodded. A humongous grin spread over his face as the thought of proposing to her and seeing her reaction.

                “Oh, speaking of my flight. There’s something I need to tell you. I won’t be flying alone…” Jayne said as Soohyun’s eyebrows rose up in curiosity.

                “What do you mean? Who’s coming back with you?” Soohyun asked in confusion.

                “I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned her to you. One of my former students from when I first started teaching here in the US just got a scholarship to Pai Chai University for a fine arts major. She was one of my best and brightest students. She’s had a pretty rough background and while I was her teacher, I took her under my wing and looked out for her well being through some tough situations. We kept in touch when I transferred my job to a different school. Once she heard that I was in town, we met up for lunch one day and she told me about moving to Korea. Turns out that she would have been leaving next week, so I told her to see if she could switch her flight to coincide with mine and we were able to work it out. I want to make sure she has someone she can talk to with moving here to attend school. She’ll probably stay with me for a couple days until her dorm room is ready.” Jayne replied hoping it was okay with Soohyun.

                “Well that’s really nice of you, Jayne. I’m sure she’s very appreciative of everything you are doing for her. Tell me a bit more about her. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine, too.” Soohyun smiled, making Jayne feel at ease.

                “Kamsamnida, yeobo. Well, her name is Yumi Yukita. She’s 19 here in the States, but 20 in Korean age. She’s small, about 5’3. I would describe her looks as a Heinz 57…a little bit of everything mixed ethnicity wise. Brown hair that is about medium length with chocolate brown eyes. A bit shy around new people. She’s really good at art and loves to draw manga and stuff like that. Yumi actually is a twin and has a sister. Their dad walked out on the family at an early age, so it’s been her mom and sister for quite some time. Other than that, I guess you’ll get to know her a little bit when you meet her.” Jayne explained.

                “She sounds like a very smart girl. I hope she enjoys being a student at Pai Chai University and has a good experience with being in Korea.” Soohyun said as Jayne agreed. They chatted for half an hour before Jayne decided to say good night to be able to try to go to bed for her early flight the next day.

                “Sarangheyo, Jayne. I can’t wait to wrap my arms around you and kiss your sweet lips. I’ve missed doing that so much!” Soohyun smiled, blowing kisses to the webcam.

                “Sarangheyo, Soo. It will feel wonderful being back in your arms again. I hope I can fall asleep tonight. I’m so excited about seeing you again.” Jayne giggled. She returned his kisses and a few minutes later the call was disconnected. Soohyun sighed and closed his laptop shut. He immediately reached for his phone and called Eli.

                “Yeboseyo?” Eli answered as Soohyun picked up Jinx and placed her on his lap.

                “Eli…I am panicking so much right now!” Soohyun said anxiously into the phone.

                “Woah…what’s going on? Is everything okay?” Eli asked, trying to calm him down.

                “No, my plans are ruined. Jayne isn’t going to be alone on her flight back tomorrow. She’s bringing one of her former students from when she used to teach at one of the schools in the US. Apparently her student will be a foreign exchange student to Pai Chai University and so they are taking the same flight. What am I going to do now? I was looking forward to everything we had planned earlier when you guys were here. Now what do I do? I’m dying to ask her to be my wife. I don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to contain myself with these emotions, and I want to make it special as well as memorable.” Soohyun panicked.

                “Alright…don’t worry, Soo. We’ll figure this out. Why don’t we have a mini meeting and figure out plan B for your proposal, okay? You want to do a chat on Skype?” Eli said as Soohyun agreed. Both of them started to get in contact with the rest of the members and a few minutes later they were in front of their computers chatting on Skype to see what other ways Soohyun could propose to Jayne.