Chapter 1

When Dreams Come True (Sequel to Cinderella)

 

                Soohyun heard a knock at the door and went to answer it. Dongho, Hoon, and Kevin walked in to Jayne’s apartment. Eli and Kiseop were already inside and AJ was on his way over. After AJ arrived, Soohyun gathered them all into the living room and grabbed one of the dining room chairs to sit in to address the group.

                “So, I know you guys are aware of Jayne coming back tomorrow from Alabama. Who all won’t be able to go to the airport tomorrow to meet her?” Soohyun asked the other members.

                “I need to go to the studio to lay down some finishing touches with Ryan Jhun.” AJ spoke up. He looked bummed out that he wouldn’t be able to go. AJ had just met the rest of U-Kiss a month prior in Japan from his return of his school semester abroad at Columbia University.

                “Kiseop, Hoon, and I have a TV appearance that we need to be at early in the morning and don’t know how long it will last. What time does Jayne’s flight get in our time?” Dongho asked.

                “She has a flight from Alabama to Dallas, Texas that leaves at 8am her time. From Texas is a direct flight to Seoul and she will be arriving about 3pm our time.” Soohyun said as Dongho searched in his phone.

                “I don’t know if we’ll be able to make it. If anything changes, we’ll definitely give you a call as soon as we can!” Dongho sighed as Kiseop and Hoon nodded.

                “Kevin and I have nothing planned that we know of. We’ll come with you to pick up Jayne.” Eli grinned. Soohyun smiled as he started to rub his hands nervously over his legs on his pants.

                “Soohyun, is everything okay? You look a bit worried.” Kevin asked, noticing the change in his leader.

                “Well…I…uh…there’s a reason why I brought all of you here in addition to helping set up Jayne’s apartment to welcome her back.” Soohyun said as the others stared at him. “You all know that it’s been a year since Jayne and I have started dating. I know our comeback is two weeks away, but with Jayne being in the US for two weeks, it made me realize just how much I miss her. I don’t ever want to be apart from her that long again. Sure, sometimes our schedules may prevent that from happening, but I have been doing some soul searching with her away. I want to ask Jayne to marry me…what do you guys think?” The room grew eerily silent. The members looked at each other before looking at Soohyun.

                “You really love Jayne that much that you want to spend the rest of your life with her?” Kiseop asked as Soohyun nodded firmly. Everyone jumped up and ran towards Soo, squeezing him in a humongus bear hug as they patted his back in congratulations. Soohyun breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that they were happy for him.

                “You looked like we were going to say ‘no.’ Hahaha. What would ever make you believe that? We love Jayne! I love my noona. As I said when you first announced going out with her, as long as she was able to cook and make my belly happy, I’d be happy.” Dongho laughed as the others rolled their eyes. “Oh come on…you guys know that’s not the only reason why I like her.” He continued as AJ ruffled his hair.

                “It means a lot that you guys approve. I know she already feels like part of the family. Now I want to make it official.” Soohyun grinned.

                “Well, when were you going to ask her?” AJ questioned as the guys went back to sit down.

                “I was thinking of proposing to her at the airport, actually. How does that sound?” Soohyun asked as the guys looked at each other.

                “I think that’s a cute idea. Only thing I can see happening in that situation is that we may have some fans recognize us there. Or, word gets out from paparazzi or tabloids. Do you care if that happens?” Kevin asked honestly. He did have a point.

~~~Flash Back~~~

                The members of U-Kiss were very excited as this would be their first time visiting Simon and Martina Stawski’s Eat Your Kimchi’s “Nasty” studio for their second interview with the YouTube married couple sensation. Their first “official” interview had been on the set of their “Stop Girl” music video. Kevin was actually their biggest fan out of the group and religiously watched their KPop Music Monday segments as well as the other videos they composed for their channel. Upon settling in and getting comfy on their couches, Martina was conducting the interview while Simon was filming. Questions were being asked from her as well as ones that were chosen from fans.

                “Okay, this question is from Lizzi who is from Paris, France. ‘What places would you like to visit that you have never been to?  Or list one of your favorite or most memorable places you have been so far.’ Wow…that’s two questions she asked. Lizzi, you sneaky KissMe.” Martina laughed as she looked in the camera. The guys winked and gave thumbs up to the camera. “So, how about we do it one by one and you can answer one of the questions.” Martina directed as Kiseop held onto the portable microphone box.

                “I’d have to say that I would love to visit Spain. I think that would be a neat experience. Especially seeing the matadors performing the bull fighting.” Kiseop responded.

                “I think it would be funny to see Kiseop run from the bulls when they release them in the street.” Donho spoke up as the others laughed.

                “Do you think you could outrun them, Kiseop?” Simon asked from behind the camera.

                “I think he could, but it wouldn’t be good if he got caught up in the crowd and then have a bull spear him from behind.” Hoon said as Kiseop got a concerned look on his face.

                “Yeah, I don’t think your management would be too happy with that.” Simon replied as the studio burst into laughter.

                “They’d still probably make me work regardless. What? A break? What for?” Kiseop said as they all agreed.

                “Poor Kiseop would most likely be in a full body cast, too.” Kevin laughed as he got up and pretended to move awkwardly as if his body was in a cast. Hoon and Soohyun fell out of their chairs from laughing so hard. Kiseop handed the microphone over to Kevin.

                “Um…I would love to visit Hawaii. I’ve heard it’s so beautiful there.” Kevin said as comments were made about the beautiful tropical weather. Next in line was Eli.

                “I’m actually going to say a place that we visited so far that I really enjoyed.” Eli began as Martina smiled.

                “See, I like that…you’re adding variety to the question.” Martina spoke up.

                “Exactly!” Eli responded. “We actually visited France not too long ago, and I really enjoyed doing all the sight-seeing there. I had so much fun.” Eli then handed the mic off to Dongho.

                “I’m going to say someplace I would like to visit. I wouldn’t mind visiting the US. I know I need to improve on my English speaking skills, but from what Eli and Kevin have mentioned about it, and talking to AJ while he’s at Columbia University, it sounds like a fun place to visit. 50 states, though…that could take a while. Hopefully I will be able to visit them all someday!” Dongho grinned.

                “I am sure we are going to get a flood of comments from USA KissMes regarding you wanting to visit there. Do you guys plan on going there on tour anytime soon?” Martina asked as the guys started talking over each other.

                “We definitely would love to tour in the US. We honestly don’t know when that would happen, but we truly want to thank all of our USA fans for supporting us as long as they have! Saranghayeo KissMes.” Kevin said as he made a heart and blew a kiss to the camera.

                “Hoon, what about you?” Martina asked as he took the mic into his hands.

                “One place I am excited about going to visit is Vietnam.” Hoon replied, a big grin on his face.

                “A place that we have visited so far that really sticks out to me is when we visited Malaysia.” Kevin said next. They briefly discussed the few times they went there and always being greeted by loving fans.

                “The number one place I would like to visit if I had the time would be England. Doing all the sight-seeing and going to where the Royal Family lives would be a tremendous experience.” Soohyun responded as they took turns trying to speak in a British accent.

                “That was a good question, Lizzi. Some great answers from that!” Martina exclaimed as she gave a big thumbs up to the camera. “Alright, moving on to the next question. This one comes from Jade in Honolulu, Hawaii. Wait, we mentioned Hawaii didn’t we?” Martina asked as the guys nodded. “She asks, ‘Would any of you be interested in dating someone outside your race?’ Hhhhmmmm…what do you guys have to say to this?” Martina asked as the mic was handed back to Kiseop. The guys gave their answers, but when it came to Soohyun’s turn, he squirmed a bit in his seat.

                “Actually, I have a confession to make. I am actually dating someone right now and she is not Korean.” Soohyun quietly explained as he ran his fingers thru his hair. There was a fraction of a few seconds of awkward silence before Martina redirected the question to relieve the tension in the air.

                “See, KissMes, that’s your answer right there!” Martina chuckled, hoping the guys would join. Kevin and Eli did first and then the others soon followed. “Is it safe for me to ask questions regarding further details or do you not want to discuss that right now?” Martina hesitantly asked Soohyun.

                “I don’t want to reveal too much because I don’t want to jeopardize her safety. We’ve been dating for six months now. She makes me very happy and I truly enjoy being in a relationship with her.” Soohyun explained further.

                “Well, I’m very happy for you, Soohyun. That’s wonderful news! It’s nice to see you in a relationship knowing how you were all under a dating ban until 2 years ago.” Martina said as everyone nodded.

                “I know this will come as a shock to our fans. I know I may lose some fans over this. It is very scary to think about that. But, in all honesty, I hope that KissMes will understand that I will never stop loving them. Please support my happiness! I will be forever grateful and thankful to you.” Soohyun said blowing a kiss to the camera.

~~~End Flash Back~~~

                “Soo…Earth to Soo…anyone home?” Eli laughed as he waved a hand in front of Soohyun’s face.

                “Huh? Sorry…what did you ask?” Soohyun said as he started coming back to reality. Eli chuckled and shook his head.

                “We were talking about if you were going to go thru with proposing to Jayne at the airport. Given the circumstances of possible fans or media capturing the moment.” Eli asked in all seriousness.

                “As of right now, yes. Do you not think it’s a good idea?” Soohyun asked worriedly.

                “I guess it depends on how you propose to her. Will it be big and flashy and draw attention? Or something small and intimate?” Eli questioned.

                “Definitely something small and intimate. I don’t want to draw attention that isn’t needed. Especially since this will be something she will be remembering for a long time! Maybe pretending I dropped something and getting down on my knee to look for it and then when she stops to turn around, I’ll propose. How does that sound?” Soohyun said excitedly.

                “That could actually work. You should serenade her with a song, too. How about Bruno Mars’ ‘Just The Way You Are’?” Kevin replied as he got up from his seat and started bursting out into the chorus. The members started to converse back and forth about how the details would be worked out. Soohyun was nervous but also very excited about the thought of making Jayne his future wife.