Mom knows best

After Forever Ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOT EDITED

 

 

~Minhyuk~

Hannie what happened? where are you? - 11:16pm

 

~Minhyuk~

How did you get home? did you call you driver? - 11:36pm

 

~Minhyuk~

I'm so sorry :( I should have stayed with you. Goodnight. - 2:16am

 

When I woke up this morning,my phone has missed calls and messages from Minhyuk. After Luhan drove me home last night I took a quick shower and went straight to bed so I wasn't able to pick up his calls. I texted him right away and told him everything, but I kept the guy who drove me home a mystery. Good thing Minhyuk is not the type to ask questions. 

It's a late Sunday afternoon. Me and my Mom are on our way to the orphanage for her a visit. She did not have to ask me twice if I want to accompany her, I'm more than happy to. I felt like she's just as excited to doll me up again when she gave me a paper bag with a new dress she bought during her last trip to Paris. It's a simple soft pink dress with a baby collar and she paired it with the white pumps given to me by her designer friend. She smiled like a very proud mom when I stepped out of my closet.

"Do you think we should buy more candies?" My mom asked. We have 2 trucks following our white SUV. One full of food and the other is full of clothes and toys. She got really excited at the mall earlier. She told me that she wanted to buy some gifts for the  children. I had to pull her to the cashier after an hour or else she would have bought the whole grocery store. 

"Mom I think we bought enough for 20 orphanages." I laughed. 

She looked over her never ending list again and said "No I think we need more"

I shook my head and giggled. My mom is annoying in a good way

 

Mrs. Kang and my mom hugged like they haven't seen each other in ages, but the truth is that it has only been a month. I left them to talk and catch up with each other. 

I went to my favorite place in the orphanage and Sena came running towards me. She jumped in my arms and hugged me tight.

"Unnie!" She beamed

"Hi Sena! I miss you" I squeezed her, but not hard enough to hurt her. I just can't help it! she's like the little living teddy bear I never had.

The other kids gave me a hug as well, but being the possessive girl she is, Sena dragged me away to her mini tea party. I sat on the pink tea table across from her and she pretended to pour me a cup of tea and some plastic cake. I playfully took a bite and sip on my tea. Maybe it's childish but Sena can fulfill my childhood... I never had a sibling to play with when I was young.

"Unnie, Prince Charming was here earlier!"

I furrowed my brow "Prince Charming?" I asked

"Yes! A very handsome oppa! I like him" Sena giggled "He did not stay though, he left immediately." she pouted.

I scratched my head and wondered who this prince charming could be.

"Sena, aren't you too young to have a crush?" I pinched her cheek. Sena pouted and rubbed her cheek

"He's too old for me unnie, I meant for you. I think Unnie and the prince will look good together" she giggled.

I laughed and ruffled her hair. This kid doesn't know what she's talking about. I played tea party with Sena for a while, then my mom and Mrs. Kang came in the room.

"Darling! there you are!" My mom exclaimed. If I was drinking a real tea, I would have choked. "I've been looking for you"

"I'm just playing with Sena"

"Put the tea cup down honey and come with me"

I wanted to continue playing with Sena but I followed my mother with a sigh. She and Mrs. Kang kept on chatting on the way. We went to the main room of the center where the founders and members gather and stay to chat or have a snack. The main room is comfy and has a home living room feel.

An elegant women that is probably the same age as my mom is sitting on the white leather couch while drinking a glass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter